ADVERTISEMENT

"Me too"

carolinablue34

Hall of Famer
Apr 21, 2016
Massachusetts
So there's this thing trending on social media called 'me too' where women are showing this solidarity by speaking up about being assaulted or raped.

A lot of women on my feed are doing it and I'm just staying the hell out of it. I don't take any issues with it at all, but a few have sort of taken the "it's all men's fault" tone.

So there's this thing trending on social media called 'me too' where women are showing this solidarity by speaking up about being assaulted or raped.

A lot of women on my feed are doing it and I'm just staying the hell out of it. I don't take any issues with it at all, but a few have sort of taken the "it's all men's fault" tone.
Made the mistake of taking a women's studies course in college. Long story short, it is all our fault.

Maybe this is nature's way of slowing-down the birth rates. This and the social advocacy of same-sex relationships. Getting the population numbers down would help the species, that's for sure.
georgia-guidestones-5%25255B6%25255D.jpg

Just read where Monica Lewinsky tweeted "me, too" as well.

I am not trying to be political here, just stating what I little know, but I don't seem to recall her ever accusing Bill of doing anything wrong or that she was anything less than a willing participant. I also recall her going along with the whole "two consenting adults" mantra as well. So, now she says she that wasn't the case?

OK, so he is the most powerful man in the world (at the time of the incident), so I can see that angle, but her biggest complaint all these years were that she was forever labeled as a slut because of it, not that she felt anything was wrong with what happened. Maybe I missed something somewhere along the way.

Now, all the rest of the women, that is an entirely different subject. They have been pretty consistent in their accusations.

Isn't it common knowledge that Bill Clinton was a womanizer/sexual predator/philanderer? Truth be told, he probably uses a similar excuse as Weinstein or Trump when he gets caught. "That's how it was when I was growing up", "It's just how guys talk and act when I was a kid." And, there's actually a lot of truth in that alibi. But, the women still felt violated. And, the attitude is changing rapidly.

I completely agree he was a womanizer and have no doubt he was just as sleazy dealing with women as Weinstein, I was just wondering what changed with her all of a sudden. I mean, I seem to recall just a couple of years ago she was interviewed and it seemed like she didn't think what took place was anyone's business and just sex between two consenting adults. Now she tweets "me too"? I just didn't get where the change came from all of a sudden

I completely agree he was a womanizer and have no doubt he was just as sleazy dealing with women as Weinstein, I was just wondering what changed with her all of a sudden. I mean, I seem to recall just a couple of years ago she was interviewed and it seemed like she didn't think what took place was anyone's business and just sex between two consenting adults. Now she tweets "me too"? I just didn't get where the change came from all of a sudden
Maybe it was someone else that violated her.

Reactions: gteeitup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT