ADVERTISEMENT

Mr. Obama . . Welcome To Chapel Hill . . !

It's not being right or wrong. You've already openly admitted what I said about you. You do it here frequently. I wouldn't want you to be a liar or hypocrite. So, I'll gladly accept your go-to excuse of not caring what I have to say as a parachute.

I've had this talk with you. I don't respect you. I don't give any merit to the inane arguments you poast here. I don't like you. I think you're a phony. Yet, you continue to want to have correspondence with me. I don't understand why that is. If it makes you feel like you've won a nonexistent argument with me to claim that my distancing of myself from you is just running from the debate, then fine. You can have the win in the nonexistent debate we're not having. But I do find it hypocritically hilarious that you always talk about humility and poke fun at others' ego but then act like this. But it does validate my belief that you're a fraud.

I've had this talk with you. I don't respect you. I don't give any merit to the inane arguments you poast here. I don't like you. I think you're a phony. Yet, you continue to want to have correspondence with me. I don't understand why that is. If it makes you feel like you've won a nonexistent argument with me to claim that my distancing of myself from you is just running from the debate, then fine. You can have the win in the nonexistent debate we're not having. But I do find it hypocritically hilarious that you always talk about humility and poke fun at others' ego but then act like this. But it does validate my belief that you're a fraud.
giphy.gif

Hey everyone, use the below image as your avatar or in your sig and we might be able to get rid of strum.

images

Why would we want to get rid of him . . ? If, he's bothersome to you put him back on ignore for crissakes.

I promise you that he's bothersome to far more people than just me. But your advice is good. I should probably refer to him once again as Ignored Member. But promise me you'll let me know when he creates another fake account and is getting beat up on the board. I'd hate to miss that. The last time was a ton of fun.

Reactions: UNC71-00
That means I won't be able to afford it, putting me in violation of the law.
You won't be in violation of the law. You simply have to pay a penalty.

To accommodate 10% of the population, they have screwed half the population.
Your personal experience is unfortunate, but you are the 10% and not the 50%. Premium growth, healthcare spending growth, and the percentage of uninsured Americans are at their lowest levels in years. And ironically, because McCrory refused to expand Medicaid in North Carolina, those costly patients ended up in the exchange's risk pool and drove up premiums for people like you.

Let me take a step back here to say I'm not trying to pick on you, Archer. This isn't personal. I've said many times that there are winners and losers in any sweeping piece of legislation like this. I genuinely feel for the people like you who have been harmed by the ACA. It's tough enough making ends meet, and it's unbelievable and wrong that some people have to spend more on healthcare than they do on their mortgage. Unfortunately, the growth in healthcare costs has outpaced income growth for decades so this day was bound to come.

Now over half of the state exchanges are bankrupt....
You mean co-ops, which aren't the same thing.

...leading to an inevitable single payer system, which is what Obama said he wanted from the git go. And that single payer will be our government, giving them complete control over our health.
Inevitable? Not at all. The Aetnas and Blue Crosses and United HealthCares aren't going away. They are entirely too powerful and too lucrative for that to happen. The government may eventually choose to offer an insurance product to compete with for-profit companies, but they're not going to drive them out of business.

Aetna dropped out because young, healthy people never signed up for the ACA...and they never will. Why should they? The penalties imposed don't equal more than a couple of months premiums.
That was a major miscalculation in the bill's provisions. That, and the fact that plenty of people sign up for insurance, receive services, then immediately drop their coverage. They're gaming the system and there's nothing to stop them. Risk pools can't operate in that kind of chaos.

I promise you that he's bothersome to far more people than just me. But your advice is good. I should probably refer to him once again as Ignored Member. But promise me you'll let me know when he creates another fake account and is getting beat up on the board. I'd hate to miss that. The last time was a ton of fun.

We all had fun for a while in that thread, Dick . . but, there was an obvious explanation wasn't there. Heelbent himself told us that GTeeItUp(Gary) was showing up as using the same IP address that he researched . . . and GTee has been on the board for a lifetime.

Both you and 71-00 seem to get irritated with Strummy, but, I've not seen any others to the same extent you make it out to be.

jmho

We all had fun for a while in that thread, Dick . . but, there was an obvious explanation wasn't there. Heelbent himself told us that GTeeItUp(Gary) was showing up as using the same IP address that he researched . . . and GTee has been on the board for a lifetime.

Both you and 71-00 seem to get irritated with Strummy, but, I've not seen any others to the same extent you make it out to be.

jmho

Right. But I like gtee. So I'm going to choose to ignore that Heelbent pulled him into it and I'm just going to keep having fun at the expense of strum and his alter ego, chick. I'm not asking you to come along. But I'm sure I can rally some other troops.

But I'm sure I can rally some other troops.

You've already tried to rally folks with post #127 . . I don't see a rush for a call to arms from other poasters.

Oh, and everyone likes GTee . . he may very well be the most liked poaster on this board.

Last edited:
That was a major miscalculation in the bill's provisions. That, and the fact that plenty of people sign up for insurance, receive services, then immediately drop their coverage. They're gaming the system and there's nothing to stop them. Risk pools can't operate in that kind of chaos.

Damn, I wish there people that were saying that was a likely outcome of the bill before it got rammed through. Oh wait...

RH, I think you couldn't be more wrong in what you posted. Perhaps you think the ACA has been beneficial to more Americans than not, you appear to. I assure you the statistics don't support that argument. And just counting my acquaintances, the vast majority have been harmed significantly by this horrible piece of legislature. And many more are getting notices as we discuss this telling them their premiums are going to double next year. My insurance is now $200 more than my mortgage and my coverage is half as good as it once was.

Instead of improving the system we had to cover those without insurance and lower costs, they tried to reinvent the wheel. Now we have a square wheel that is destined to break completely.

Republicans suggested selling across state lines, increasing competition, something that would have decreased premiums significantly. They also proposed tort reform, thereby reducing damages and the exhorbitant cost of malpractice insurance, something else that would drive costs down. Dems wouldn't go for that because lawyers are second only to unions in campaign contributions to the Dem's. They also suggested health care accounts which would follow people if they changed jobs or were laid off. A la carte policies are another way to lower costs.

IOW, there were several common sense revisions that could have been made to the existing system without dismantling it altogether. And I wouldn't be paying twice what I was and I would still be going to the doctor I've had for 20 years.

So if you think the ACA was an improvement, fine. We'll agree to disagree.

When will this 'We the following hate that bothersome Strum' movement start . . ?

Off topic: Watching CNN with Brooke Baldwin for the first time. I wasn't aware she was a UNC grad! She was propping UNC yesterday.

Well hell, I just can't sit on the edge of my seat forever . . . will it be today, tomorrow or after the election . . ?

If I didn't know any better, I'd think your purposeless poasts directed towards me are simply an attempt to get under my skin. But I know you Billy. That's beneath you.

As far as the movement, you'll know when it happens. It will be huge. Believe me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT