ADVERTISEMENT

Muschamp ...

nolegeorge

Hall of Famer
Apr 10, 2002
Now that UNC needs a DC, can you guys just go and get Muschamp!!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 12/11 7:18 PM by nolegeorge

Made 2.3 million last season. UNC paid all our assistants 2.0 million. Would not be a prudent business decision for Muschamp. He will get better offers unfortunately for us.

So you all dont think the school / boosters will shell out more money for a top coach? Whats holding them back?

Originally posted by nolegeorge:
So you all dont think the school / boosters will shell out more money for a top coach? Whats holding them back?
Tradition, as it were.

UNC has a long history of being cheap with employees, faculty as well as coaches. The attitude is: Chapel Hill is so lovely and serene and UNC itself so marvellous, that great peolle do not hav to be lured here with lurid amounts of money. They will come for less than they could get elsewhere.

Add that basic attitude to the decades old patterm of UNC people botherd by the 'professionalism' of college sports focusing nearly 100% on football, and you develop a tradition of a lowly paid football staff.

Not so sur ehe's worth the coins George. At time shis DC work at UT was suspect.

I know we are skeptical, with cause, of how UNC runs things. But this time I think we should sit back and watch it play out without expecting us to marginalize football. Lots of smoke that that attitude is changing.

Originally posted by UNC_Blue:
I know we are skeptical, with cause, of how UNC runs things. But this time I think we should sit back and watch it play out without expecting us to marginalize football. Lots of smoke that that attitude is changing.
I think that's fair. New AD = new circumstances. I think Bubba may surprise us. Muschamp? Fuhgettaboutit.

Originally posted by NENCHeel:

Not so sur ehe's worth the coins George. At time shis DC work at UT was suspect.
I can see both sides to this story ... some people love him , others dont ... he isnt the only name out there that can coach D ... finding an above average recruiter / solid DC is tricky ... this hire is an important one for Fedora

I can see both sides to this story ... some people love him , others dont ... he isnt the only name out there that can coach D ... finding an above average recruiter / solid DC is tricky ... this hire is an important one for Fedora
I have heard it will be done correctly, and we won't be trying to go cheap. UNC HAS the money.

I have heard it will be done correctly, and we won't be trying to go cheap. UNC HAS the money.

Originally posted by mahncpa1:
Made 2.3 million last season. UNC paid all our assistants 2.0 million. Would not be a prudent business decision for Muschamp. He will get better offers unfortunately for us.
That 2 million figure should probably die. UNC pays the coaches in more then one way. The little over 2 million figure is all they have to admit too for the report. No need to show all the cards when a lot of ACC schools have to show none of theirs. The OC and DC made double what the report stated. That report said all the coaches except two(the two newest) made the exact same amount. The D line coach and the DC do not make the same amount a year.

I hope you are right. Who is top on the list now that Muschamp is with Auburn? Randy Shannon?

Originally posted by mahncpa1:

I hope you are right. Who is top on the list now that Muschamp is with Auburn? Randy Shannon?
I would hope Shannon would be at least a few spots below Ellis Johnson

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT