ADVERTISEMENT

Nassir Little to announce tonight at 6pm

Zion-can he and will he play defense..rebound in traffic with bigger players..can he shoot the mid range?--not a good fit IMO,not now..I just wonder if he is versatile..Shittu or Langford would seem to form more of a team..size, speed and play both ends...

Langford is very good, but I don't think he's that much better than Coby. There's a lot of redundancy there.

Our biggest question marks that year will still be the interior. I think Brooks will be a reliable contributor by then, but he may not be a high-end starter, and Manley and Huffman may not even be reliable contributors. Hell, we don't yet know that Maye will be a high-end starter.

Zion and Shittu both project as high-end starters inside. And Zion is better than Shittu.

Reactions: gauchoheel
I'd take Shittu over Zion. I think.

I think either could play the 4 or the 5 (Zion is only 6'7", but he's built like a football player), but Zion would be much more of a mismatch. If teams guarded him with a 5, he'd blow right by them. If they guarded him with a 3, he'd bully them in the post. If they guarded him with a 4, he'd do a bit of both.

Reactions: gauchoheel
I think either could play the 4 or the 5 (Zion is only 6'7", but he's built like a football player), but Zion would be much more of a mismatch. If teams guarded him with a 5, he'd blow right by them. If they guarded him with a 3, he'd bully them in the post. If they guarded him with a 4, he'd do a bit of both.

But would the zebras let him bully? You know how they can call our games.

Reactions: saltee123
Langford is very good, but I don't think he's that much better than Coby. There's a lot of redundancy there.

When's the last time you've seen Romeo play?

He's definitely a level above Coby, an important level.

When's the last time you've seen Romeo play?

He's definitely a level above Coby, an important level.

I agree Langford is a step above Coby. If we somehow got him, I'd 100% start him.

I just think Zion is multiple levels above any big we have. Coby can contribute most of Langford's production. Maye, Brooks, et al can't contribute anywhere near what Zion can.

Langford is a want, not a necessity.

Elite or not, we have enough upperclassmen guard talent to get us help us thrive during the 2018-19 season. Especially since Langford will more than likely be here one year. I'm more concerned about the development of our bigs from year 1 to year 2. If it's not up to par, Simi and to a certain extent Zion, should be the priority.

That being said, it's certainly a good feeling to once again selecting the top talent that you need. A step above a couple years ago.

Reactions: trestyles
In terms of Zion's actual recruitment, I think it's time to cross him off the list, just like Hamilton and Dotson. His latest interview had zero mention of UNC. Like a "silent cut".

Reactions: HeelzLover
In terms of Zion's actual recruitment, I think it's time to cross him off the list, just like Hamilton and Dotson. His latest interview had zero mention of UNC. Like a "silent cut".

We've been out of it for him for a long time. Any discussions about him vs anyone else are purely hypothetical.

In other Nassir News:

"Since the story was initially reported more than a week ago, Little eliminated Miami and Arizona and committed to North Carolina. He said that he’d stick with his decision to attend Carolina no matter what punishment the NCAA levies in their investigation into the academic fraud case that’s shrouded the university and athletic department."

Little said UNC coach Roy Williams has insinuated to him that the Tar Heels won’t receive a significant punishment from the NCAA. He said that Williams has not told him of the specific punishment, but told him generally: “It’s not necessarily an athletic thing,” he said Williams told him. “It wasn’t just the basketball team involved in it. They’re not going to be penalized as people suggest.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/top-recrui...ball-scandal-unfortunate-crazy-205510012.html

Hmmm...
You should try actually reading the threads sometime.

You should try actually reading the threads sometime.

No disrespect, but I don't need you to remind me of this every time I post duplicate info. I'll just remove it.

I often read this forum on a very slow rendering phone. I do not have the time to read through multiple pages that take nearly many minutes to load each. Sorry if duplicate info inconveniences you.

Reactions: Sk1310
ESPN said today that Little coule be a lotto pick if he plays a decent amount of 4 at UNC. This is coming after the USA camp this past weekend. Very interesting!

ESPN said today that Little coule be a lotto pick if he plays a decent amount of 4 at UNC. This is coming after the USA camp this past weekend. Very interesting!

Read that article. Schmitz and Givony aren't super high on Little's skill set and BBIQ at this point. They think he projects as a combo forward in the NBA right now, not necessarily a star.

They're the best in the business, but I hope they're wrong!

Read that article. Schmitz and Givony aren't super high on Little's skill set and BBIQ at this point. They think he projects as a combo forward in the NBA right now, not necessarily a star.

They're the best in the business, but I hope they're wrong!

Yep, read that and I got the impression that if he does not play the 4 at UNC and excel at the 4 he will not be a lotto pick. Of course, there has been many OADs over the past several years that are not NBA stars. Nothing wrong will being a steady NBA starter making good money. Danny breen comes to mind. Also, Steph Curry says hello! You just never know.

Not sure why this is being debated so much.

He's an NBA wing...think Kawahi, Danny Green, Tatum, etc.

Heck, Draymond Green plays the 5 at times for Golden State and he is only 6'7" Even our insider says Little played more as a 3-4 last weekend than a 2-3. I really don't care, just passing on what some scouts said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT