ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Tar Heels '22-'23

National Champion Jawad Williams joins Harrison Barnes in SacTown

Last edited:
Leaky had a rough first summer league game. 0 points and 0 assist in 17 minutes shooting 0-4.

I think Garrison Brooks is getting another look as well, with The Pelicans.
Legitimate question... What qualifies a player as being a former UNC player who we root for after their college career? Obviously anyone who ends their college career at UNC is one right? No matter if they were here 1 year or longer.

But does a grad transfer like Garrison qualify? If Puff, Dunn, Styles, etc ever make the NBA, do they qualify? Maybe it's different for everyone, but I'm wondering what the general standard is.

Legitimate question... What qualifies a player as being a former UNC player who we root for after their college career?
Generally speaking, if they leave 'in good standing'. That can be subjective. Like in my opinion, there shouldn't be a question about Garrison. He devoted 4 years to the program and was often the bright spot during some dim times.

Another aside...I really enjoy this thread keeping track of former heels

Reactions: dtodd4475
Legitimate question... What qualifies a player as being a former UNC player who we root for after their college career? Obviously anyone who ends their college career at UNC is one right? No matter if they were here 1 year or longer.

But does a grad transfer like Garrison qualify? If Puff, Dunn, Styles, etc ever make the NBA, do they qualify? Maybe it's different for everyone, but I'm wondering what the general standard is.
Brooks was a Tarheel longer then many, and played more games then most, he is clearly regarded as such by the school and athletic department.

I'm fairly sure Puff and Caleb will be invited to return for summers as family. I think all are considered family, a Heel, unless they left on bad terms or created animosity after they left maybe?

As for fans, heck there is often no rhyme or reason for fans. Each can and often do have their biases creating their likes and dislikes and what qualifies as "real" to them. To each their own. Ya can't please everyone...😆

Garrison has been practicing with the current team.

Reactions: dtodd4475
Reggie Bullock is being traded to San Antonio to play under honorary Tar Heel Gregg Popovich.
Coach Pop is from my home town. Had the pleasure of hearing him gush about how the city shaped him as part of the documentary about the cities legendary basketball history. Reggie will be playing for one of the all time greats. Get 'em fellas !!!

Reggie Bullock is being traded to San Antonio to play under honorary Tar Heel Gregg Popovich.
Might not be the last time he gets traded this coming season. Expiring contract.

I wonder if this was in the making for a while. If the Mavs waived Bullock a week ago, they would’ve saved $5.5M. He ended up getting his $10.5M full guaranteed and this gets the Spurs to the salary cap floor.

He gets to play with Wemby!

Mavericks are not expected to bring Pinson back.

His final game as a Maverick he tallied 23 points, 13 rebounds, 12 assists, 0 turnovers.

Mavericks are not expected to bring Pinson back.

His final game as a Maverick he tallied 23 points, 13 rebounds, 12 assists, 0 turnovers.
Someone will sign him, and Reggie is gone as well.
Any franchise spending the kind of money they spent on a sociopath from dook deserves to wallow in misery.

More Summer League results last night:

Brady Manek - 17pts/2rbs/1blk/1stl/ 5 3 pointers
Pete Nance - 5pts/2rbs/1stl/ 1 3 pointer
Leaky Black - DNP

NBA Summer League last night:

Brady Manek - 10pts/6rbs/2blks/1asst
Garrison Brooks - 6pts/6rbs/2blks/1asst/1stl

Last edited:
NBA Summer League last night:

Brady Manek - 10pts/6rbs/2blks/1asst
Garrison Brooks - 6pts/6rbs/2blks/1asst/1stl
It’s obvious that Brady makes them better. Just watching him the whole time, I’m amazed at how much he effected the game and each play. I know I’m a bit biased but there has to be a place for him in the league.

Another solid night for Pete Nance as the Cavs remain unbeaten
9ts/1rb/1stl/1 putback DUNK

Summer League news 7/11/2023

Garrison Brooks 5pts/5rbs/1asst/1blk/1stl

Leaky Black 4rbs/1asst

Summer League news today 7/13/2023

Pete Nance - 8pts/5rbs/2asst/1stl/1blk

Brady Manek - 13pts/6rbs/1asst

Pete Jam! 😮

Summer League news today 7/13/2023

Leaky Black - The former Tar Heel had his best game so far. 8pts/8rbs/1asst/2 3's

Garrison Brooks - 10pts/4rbs/1asst/1stl/1blk

Summer League news 7/16/2023

Nance and the Cavs advance to the summer league championship game.
8pts/3rbs/1 3-pointer/1stl/1blk

Brooks and the Pelicans go down.
4pts/10rbs/2asst/1blk

Summer League news 7/16/2023

Manek and the Hawks end their summer run.
11pts/4rbs/1asst/1 3-pointer

Summer League news 7/17/2023

Pete Nance and the Cavs win the title!
2pts/4rbs/3asst/2blks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT