ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Tar Heels '22-'23

Brandon Miller is going to have a rough time in practice.
You think Leak is going to start his two way right away with the big club? I certainly do not think Miller will start with the G -league.

Anywho the 2 way extension is sweet for Leaky. He is getting that long look and compensated for his skill set. Get 'em!

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
You think Leak is going to start his two way right away with the big club? I certainly do not think Miller will start with the G -league.

Anywho the 2 way extension is sweet for Leaky. He is getting that long look and compensated for his skill set. Get 'em!
The rules say a two-way player can only be active for 50 NBA games. There are no rules limiting how much a two-way player practices with their NBA team.

I expect Leaky to be at pretty much every Hornets' practice guarding Miller. It's sink or swim time for Miller. He's gonna have to learn how to beat a really good defender.

The rules say a two-way player can only be active for 50 NBA games. There are no rules limiting how much a two-way player practices with their NBA team.

I expect Leaky to be at pretty much every Hornets' practice guarding Miller. It's sink or swim time for Miller. He's gonna have to learn how to beat a really good defender.
This will help everyone including Miller.

Makes sense. Especially for pre season practices. I know each team has different methods on G team use and location. Heck Miami's team is in North Dakota...😆

The teams with affiliates nearby could swap practice players, I assume. I just haven't heard much of it unless they are called up to the big club.

Reactions: alabamaheel
Reactions: FlaTarHeel
Spain gave the fellas from the U.S. a really good game. Cam and the fellas came up on top, but man, Jalen Brunson was SO tough. And Ant Edwards down the stretch was huge, as well. Enjoying the level they have ascended to with their games.

Last edited:
Reactions: FlaTarHeel
Cam Johnson was 1 of 6 Team USA players to score in double figures today in the 108-86 W over the Greeks.
13pts/4asst/3stls for the Tar Heel

If Durant continues his streak of injuries, Nas could be called on to play a bigger role in the forward rotation.

Beyond that, I'm not sure what his role will be on that team.

If Durant continues his streak of injuries, Nas could be called on to play a bigger role in the forward rotation.

Beyond that, I'm not sure what his role will be on that team.
I think he'll have a big role as a role player on that team. They badly needed some wing depth so Durant and Booker don't have to play 40+ minutes/game in the playoffs. I think Nas becomes a really important player on that team.

And no one will want to say it here, but Grayson Allen is a quality acquisition for them too. They need quality depth players beyond Durant/Booker/Beal. They have some more now with Nurkic/Allen/Nas. Allen is a douche bag, but he's better than what they had beyond their 2 or 3 best players last year.

I don't know if this makes them any closer to winning a championship. But it's a good situation for Nas IMO. They need him, he got his money so if this blows up in their face he has his money.

Reactions: dtodd4475
I think he'll have a big role as a role player on that team. They badly needed some wing depth so Durant and Booker don't have to play 40+ minutes/game in the playoffs. I think Nas becomes a really important player on that team.

And no one will want to say it here, but Grayson Allen is a quality acquisition for them too. They need quality depth players beyond Durant/Booker/Beal. They have some more now with Nurkic/Allen/Nas. Allen is a douche bag, but he's better than what they had beyond their 2 or 3 best players last year.

I don't know if this makes them any closer to winning a championship. But it's a good situation for Nas IMO. They need him, he got his money so if this blows up in their face he has his money.
I think they targeted Nas, he is young, long, athletic, and stretched his 3 game to include 3balls. I have liked what he has become in Portland last year. Big upside, with very little downside, kid has been working, it shows.

I think they targeted Nas, he is young, long, athletic, and stretched his 3 game to include 3balls. I have liked what he has become in Portland last year. Big upside, with very little downside, kid has been working, it shows.
Hopefully he stays healthy. He's been under the knife quite a bit for a young kid. Hope his body allows him to display what he can do for an entire season. I think it's a good spot for him.

Reactions: dtodd4475
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT