ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament Contest

I am at 27% correct picks in my bracket so far.

giphy.gif

Loyola is the 4th and latest 11 seed to make the Final Four, and they were in the same region as the last two coaches to do it (and had to beat the coach of George Mason in the first round to do it)

I think if Duke losses tomorrow and 'Nova wins I'm in good shape. Extra incentive for all to pull for KU.

Oh yeah, didn't even notice that. If KU wins Saturday you have a great shot. I don't think Michigan or Loyola can handle them.
Sitting at the bottom waiting to make my move!!!! Lol

I think the winner of Nova/KU wins Monday night

Suggestion to improve the quality of the tournament. It should be set up like the college baseball tournament. Maybe this would qualify for the hot takes thread instead.

Suggestion to improve the quality of the tournament. It should be set up like the college baseball tournament. Maybe this would qualify for the hot takes thread instead.
What, not single elimination? Nah, I’m good with it being like it is. If it wasn’t single elimination, Duke would have beat the Mercer’s and Lehigh’s of the world and I wouldn’t trade them losing to them for anything.

What, not single elimination? Nah, I’m good with it being like it is. If it wasn’t single elimination, Duke would have beat the Mercer’s and Lehigh’s of the world and I wouldn’t trade them losing to them for anything.
Them losing was great, but it hurt the quality of the tournament. If you had double elimination, Dean would have a lot more than two titles. I would trade a duke loss for a title.

Them losing was great, but it hurt the quality of the tournament. If you had double elimination, Dean would have a lot more than two titles. I would trade a duke loss for a title.
Yeah we might have more but I think they would too. I’d be willing to bet they’d be playing for one this weekend. I’m fine with the way it is because we already have more

Reactions: TarHeelMark
The uniqueness of March Madness is that is 1 loss and see you later.... IMO if you change that you lose the whole excitement of the tournament
Sure, but I'm not talking about the excitement. I'm talking about the quality. Those don't have to go hand in hand.

I think quality is still usually pretty high. More often than not, you still get a “power” winning the title but the unpredictability makes it tons more fun.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
Just my take but if it changed I wouldn’t follow it as much..... The supposedly better teams would be in tournament longer more often but there are still upsets in baseball with cinderella’s In Omaha at times... But knowing it’s 1 bad game and you gone makes it what it is and worth watching for me....

If it was like baseball would you watch UMBC/UVA even if UMBC was winning Game 1 knowing UVA was getting a mulligan and still had a chance??

Last edited:
Reactions: heelz2345
It's a good game now . . the last 10 minutes may be fun to watch.

The dude that is getting all his sh!t thrown out the window in that DirectTV commercial . . why doesn't he make an effort to catch that guitar . . ?

Reactions: TarHeelMark
From down 7 to being up 7 . . . this one is getting away from the Ramblers.

Ramblers got wrecked in the last 10 minutes, but what a memorable run.

Guess I’ll pull for Michigan at this point, and can take some small satisfaction that we beat them earlier this year.

'Nova off to a hot start . . . if, KU doesn't play better defense and get their offense flowing, this could be a laugher.

Not an auspicious beginning for Kansas . . down 18 after 7 minutes of play.

whoa . .

Does this remind anyone of our 42-16 halftime deficit in the FF . . ?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT