ADVERTISEMENT

New Board Format . . . You Likey . . ?

BillyL

Resident Idiot
Gold Member
Aug 17, 2005
Me no likey.

Yes, we are mostly resistant to changes in life, but, I'm not really liking this new setup a whole bunch.

018f1a5d9f053b21b13590d5b01581973bf3cc9be27ef5a9b8611e74ebee8550.jpg

The only thing better than this look is the new football uni.

I wonder how many OOTB recruits will sign on? Probably thousands. Maybe more.

Reactions: gunslingerdick
Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself here, but what might this mean for the random picture thread? Maybe it won't just freeze up and die. Maybe it will last for years. Maybe we can show it to our children, and they to their children, and so on. Maybe the RPT will finally achieve immortality!

Viva la RPT! Viva! Viva!

I was a little hesitant to like RH's post because I want to protect my lead. But any mention of the RPT is gonna get a like out of me.

Reactions: coolwaterunc
Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself here, but what might this mean for the random picture thread? Maybe it won't just freeze up and die. Maybe it will last for years. Maybe we can show it to our children, and they to their children, and so on. Maybe the RPT will finally achieve immortality!

Viva la RPT! Viva! Viva!

The look-a-like threads are definitely a thing of the past. I just don't see any way that you can put pics beside each other now. But I guess that had run its course anyway. You abandoned ship last year RH.

I think everybody unanimously bailed on the LAL threads after the ECU debacle.
Yeah....everyone except me. Y'all left me by myself on the front lines, with my **** hanging in the wind. Not that I'm still angry about it or anything.....

And the obvious way to continue the LAL is to create the side-by-side LAL on paint or photoshop or what have you, save it to your computer, then upload it to a pic-hosting site.....THEN post it on here. Sounds easy and not time-consuming right? Right? Guys...?

Yeah....everyone except me. Y'all left me by myself on the front lines, with my **** hanging in the wind. Not that I'm still angry about it or anything.....

And the obvious way to continue the LAL is to create the side-by-side LAL on paint or photoshop or what have you, save it to your computer, then upload it to a pic-hosting site.....THEN post it on here. Sounds easy and not time-consuming right? Right? Guys...?

work-smarter-not-harder.png

Miss the drop-down shortcut menu to jump between boards though.
Just found a possible solution.

At the top of the page, under the Tar Heel Illustrated banner, there's a ribbon with the "home" icon on the far left and the message board pathways to the right of that. At the far right of the ribbon is an icon to "open quick navigation." If you click that, there's a scrolling window that lets you choose between the message boards.

Reactions: JuleZ '02 HEEL
What is the function of the multi-quote? Can't figure that one out.
I figured it out.

If you click on the "+Quote button, it will add that quote to a queue or cache of quotes. When you're typing a reply, there is a button outside the bottom left of the message box that says "Insert Quotes..." If you click that, your multi-quote cache appears and you can select whichever of those quotes you want to include in your reply.

I'm all for positive changes, but I'm not feeling this. Looks like Rivals has jumped onboard (pun intended) the trend of trying to "gamify" their appearance, and with all the ad banners, oversized icons, hundreds (literally) of text edit buttons, etc....it's just unorganized, untidy clutter (to me).

Not to mention, I feel like my screen not looks like an 80 year old's. The site doesn't have to be so blown up that it looks like we're looking at it through a magnifying glass. Just sayin'

Just found a possible solution.

At the top of the page, under the Tar Heel Illustrated banner, there's a ribbon with the "home" icon on the far left and the message board pathways to the right of that. At the far right of the ribbon is an icon to "open quick navigation." If you click that, there's a scrolling window that lets you choose between the message boards.
Ok, that's not bad. Thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT