ADVERTISEMENT

New OC and DC?

Harrell wants to throw the ball; played for Leach.

Bateman is up for asst coach of the year. His D is disciplined. Imagine seeing that at UNC for a change!

I’m good with both hires.

Harrell wants to throw the ball; played for Leach.

Bateman is up for asst coach of the year. His D is disciplined. Imagine seeing that at UNC for a change!

I’m good with both hires.
Harrell lacks the experience I would prefer, but he is a very promising young OC.

Too bad neither might be at UNC next year.

Rumor on k-statefans.com (Kansas State) is that Sean Snyder may become the Tarheel special teams coordinator.
Is that what he did at K-St? All I know is that Bill wanted his son to succeed him, and that was not going to fly with boosters.

Bill Snyder is a great coach. His son might not be P5 HC material, at least as this time, but having him on staff can be good for us all well as him.

Sean Snyder has been the special teams coordinator for many years. They have traditionally been among the finest in the country. K-State fans do not want him as head coach because he has not coached offense nor defense and has never coached anywhere but for his father.

Sean Snyder has been the special teams coordinator for many years. They have traditionally been among the finest in the country. K-State fans do not want him as head coach because he has not coached offense nor defense and has never coached anywhere but for his father.
Which makes perfect sense: I wouldn't want him as HC either for those reasons, especially the latter.

I do know about K-St special teams over the years. So if he takes over ours, it should prove an excellent hire.

Could be anything from IC so happy Mack may have OC and DC that it terribly jumped the gun, assuming that definite word that each had received the offer and that each probably would accept equaled them taking the jobs, to someone in the AD office so excited that Mack seemed to have landed coordinators that almost all of us would see as acceptable that the joyful word was let slip to TOS.

AS both these guys are No-Gos for now at least, I say that the early leaking did not cost us their services. Bateman may have requested that he be allowed to inform his players after the Navy game, but that would not apply to Harrell. I think Harrell may have agreed in principle to take the job, but then started backing away once he was no longer talking to Mack, with Seth Littrell reminding him that he already had received 1 P5 offer (K-St) and so would receive more no later than next year.

If Bateman does not come to UNC, the primary reason will not be TOS announcing the hire too soon. It will be because more time to think made him very wary of taking over a D that has been weak to awful for several years with 3 position coaches, one of them named co-DC, assigned to him.

Seth Littrell reminding him that he already had received 1 P5 offer (K-St) and so would receive more no later than next year.
Littrell wanted to take his whole staff, but it was vetoed. Harrell might have wanted to follow him and that's why the deal was delayed/stopped. I've got no inside info, just seems logical he would want to follow him.

Nothing to see here...It’s the Media today...Be the 1st to break the story no matter if it right or wrong..People will forget about it next week..

Nothing to see here...It’s the Media today...Be the 1st to break the story no matter if it right or wrong..People will forget about it next week..

It's a joke. Wait until it's official and then release the report. That's responsible journalism.

Littrell wanted to take his whole staff, but it was vetoed. Harrell might have wanted to follow him and that's why the deal was delayed/stopped. I've got no inside info, just seems logical he would want to follow him.

Littrell gave Harrell the chance to be OC, and Harrell has proven he is up for the job. Makes sense he would be wary of leaving Littrell at least until he has more experience.

And here is the wildcard for Littrell: Lincoln Riley may want to be an NFL HC -there is all kinds of talk about it. If Riley leaves OU, Littrell, an alum who played on Stoops' National Champion ship team, will be a very strong candidate to replace him.

Matt Canada should get a hard look as OC if Sanford is playing us for FSU or OSU.

I would make sure Harrell is black-balled if he pulled a beamer on me.

some things i take away from this hire...this guy expects discipline from his players so accountability will be there...also, we might finally be able to not be figured out vs other teams.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
Can’t confirm anything, but I just read something saying Lonnie Galloway, former Louisville OC, will be the new OC. I know Lonnie somewhat, as we went to rival HS’s and both went to WCU. Seemed like a god guy back in the day.

A little clouded by a “scandal” that got him suspended for a bowl game a few years ago, but otherwise seems to be a god choice, although not the best. He would, however, help with NC recruiting as he knows the state very well and I seem to recall he was a good recruiter.

Not confirmed, but just passing along what I found.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcspor...e-coordinator-lonnie-galloway-heading-to-unc/

Can’t confirm anything, but I just read something saying Lonnie Galloway, former Louisville OC, will be the new OC. I know Lonnie somewhat, as we went to rival HS’s and both went to WCU. Seemed like a god guy back in the day.

A little clouded by a “scandal” that got him suspended for a bowl game a few years ago, but otherwise seems to be a god choice, although not the best. He would, however, help with NC recruiting as he knows the state very well and I seem to recall he was a good recruiter.

Not confirmed, but just passing along what I found.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcspor...e-coordinator-lonnie-galloway-heading-to-unc/
Unless something changes, it's for the WR coach. It's not for OC.

Unless something changes, it's for the WR coach. It's not for OC.
If Galloway, with his ties to, shall we say, unsavory things, is allowed to be a WR coach, and Kevin Wilson is supposedly too tainted to be allowed back at his alma mater, then the inmates are in charge of the asylum.

As for OC and Galloway - he is not close to fit for the job. Petrino was always his own OC, for the most part.

some things i take away from this hire...this guy expects discipline from his players so accountability will be there...also, we might finally be able to not be figured out vs other teams.
He will demand that players be self-disciplined on and off the field. He will demand fundamentals, with guys where they are supposed to be, fending off blockers and tackling as they should.

Reactions: Archer2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT