ADVERTISEMENT

NFL 2016-2017

These people are the worst. Whenever I'm talking to somebody and they drop the "I don't have a TV" bombshell into the conversation, I make a point of not reacting at all other than to say, "Oh." The awkward silence that follows is always priceless, because they're usually dying to tell me all about the reasons they don't have TV.

no doubt...i feel weird when we see them at the beach and i say, "last night on nat gio wild, this lion"...its incredibly awkward...and when they visit us, i have to teach a class on the universal remote and the cooking channels we watch.

I was joking, Bro Biden.

Wait . . . do y'all stay in a hotel instead of in their house?

yep, Marriott.

they have a 2 bedroom home in winston, two professors with no kids...we bring a 13, 11, and an 8 year old, all boys, ain't happening.

they cook a lot, so when we go up there, they think they can make two homemade pizzas for seven, i just open another beer and laugh.

no doubt...i feel weird when we see them at the beach and i say, "last night on nat gio wild, this lion"...its incredibly awkward...and when they visit us, i have to teach a class on the universal remote and the cooking channels we watch.

yep, Marriott.

they have a 2 bedroom home in winston, two professors with no kids...we bring a 13, 11, and an 8 year old, all boys, ain't happening.

they cook a lot, so when we go up there, they think they can make two homemade pizzas for seven, i just open another beer and laugh.
Maybe you should have them visit y'all . . . IJS.

Sidebar: Can we talk about how hotels are so GOTdamn expensive these days? It is retarded. I'm looking for a hotel in Greenville, AL of all places and it's still like $75 a night unless I want to stay in a YoullGetMurdered Express.

Reactions: Raising Heel
If you have Verizon, get the NFL mobile app and watch the game on your phone RIGHT in front of them.

okay, glad you poasted this...i tried last year but it was dragging so bad that it wasn't worth it...maybe i'll try this again.

my wife just asked me; "do i need to ask them if they've gotten a tv since last year!?"...i lol.

50154_teachercouplephamo.jpg

lol, that's not too far off...that's him except plus a turtleneck and she looks exactly like megan rapinoe.

Maybe you should have them visit y'all . . . IJS.

Sidebar: Can we talk about how hotels are so GOTdamn expensive these days? It is retarded. I'm looking for a hotel in Greenville, AL of all places and it's still like $75 a night unless I want to stay in a YoullGetMurdered Express.

they do...dude, they are so weird that even my wife is like, we should just go there so we can get wake forest gear for the kids and not have to cook all weekend...it's sorta like another trip to go on...see some college bball, make them feel good...plus, if our kids want to matriculate there, we need to keep it tight so we have an in.

Reactions: Raising Heel
they do...dude, they are so weird that even my wife is like, we should just go there so we can get wake forest gear for the kids and not have to cook all weekend...it's sorta like another trip to go on...see some college bball, make them feel good...plus, if our kids want to matriculate there, we need to keep it tight so we have an in.
Have you seen lately how much Wake Forest costs? IMHO, it is way overpriced relative to how 'good' of a school it is. I say this, even though several family members went there, and my ancestor helped secure the land in Wake Forest on which to build the original campus

Reactions: gteeitup
OK, so with McDermott heading to the bills, what does this do to the Panthers?

Have you seen lately how much Wake Forest costs? IMHO, it is way overpriced relative to how 'good' of a school it is. I say this, even though several family members went there, and my ancestor helped secure the land in Wake Forest on which to build the original campus

it's not overrated, but yes, like +50 grand...but we get some leverage if we keep it civil.

OK, so with McDermott heading to the bills, what does this do to the Panthers?

may hurt for a consistency thing, but they have players, they'll get a good coach or promote...did their lb coach go with him?

Also, I hate any of you who have Monday off. Only publicly-traded companies get Monday off. We small business folks have to, you know, work to make money.

I work for a relatively small, private company (not a bank), and get Monday off. I even get a half day tomorrow to lead us into the long weekend.

Pretty much any company in this liberal haven would be f*cking insane to not give its employees the day off for the most influential black guy's birthday. Lawsuits for days.

Reactions: gteeitup
@TarHeelMark

re: the nfl mobile app...will they prompt me as a verizon customer to put in a password?

and this works for playoff games?

i must have watched the games on some with some other app...it would pause and the sound was linked up to the play.

i'm already stressing about this...i want to watch every second of every game, especially my game, but if i can't, it will be ugly.

I work for a relatively small, private company (not a bank), and get Monday off. I even get a half day tomorrow to lead us into the long weekend.

Pretty much any company in this liberal haven would be f*cking insane to not give its employees the day off for the most influential black guy's birthday. Lawsuits for days.
Well... welcome to the South lol

@TarHeelMark

re: the nfl mobile app...will they prompt me as a verizon customer to put in a password?

and this works for playoff games?

i must have watched the games on some with some other app...it would pause and the sound was linked up to the play.

i'm already stressing about this...i want to watch every second of every game, especially my game, but if i can't, it will be ugly.
I don't think you'll need a password. Since it's a Verizon app, you should be good without it but I've had it loaded up for years so I don't recall if password was required during initial setup.

Yes you can watch any game that would normally be shown on the networks in your area. I watched parts of last week's games on my phone with no problem.

and i realize seattle is a salty bunch, but to instigate post-whistle stuff is piss poor.

michael bennett needs a psych eval

Last 2 pages of this thread have been great.

I like KC by a FG and Dallas in a squeaker.

guys in kc are personally salting rows and seats for tonight...i don't think i've ever seen people strapped with portable fertilizer machines spreading salt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT