ADVERTISEMENT

NFL 2018-19

TarHeelMark

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 21, 2006
Southern Part of Heaven
Now that the draft is over, and OTA's / mini-camps are starting up, it's time to consider the new season underway.

The Panthers signed Elijah Hood after he's waived by the Raiders. I hope he can stick around; I'd love to see him get a few touches with the local team.

Who gives a s*** about the NFL in May?

*glances at ESPN while at the gym every day and never sees anything but NFL talk on*

Hmm, well, I guess everyone cares. Not me though.

Can someone recap why Richardson was forced out? I’m sure it was for offending somebody but I can’t remember the whole story. I do know Cam was vocal with his support for him though so it must not have been black folks that Richardson offended.
Something about making unwanted advances and rubbing people's feet.

As far as NFL rules go - this is pretty good.

I'm vehemently against telling players they have to stand for the anthem. But I think the NFL is well within their right to tell the players to stay the **** off the field during the anthem if they're just going to protest it.

I think fines for those that disobey makes more sense than the 15 yard penalty that was being thrown around. I think it should be directed at the player, not the team, but it does look like the team can pass the fine on to the player. My one question is: what is done with any fine money that is collected? Hypothetically, there would be none because people who wouldn't stand would just stay in the tunnel to avoid the fine - but you know how people love to grandstand so I'm sure we'll still see instances of on-field protests.

Hopefully the fine money would be donated to some charity, or a program that deals with police brutality, or something - so that their currently useless protests actually end up doing some good in the country, as opposed to the empty token gestures that they have been to this point.

According to all-knowing Steve Kerr, the National Anthem is "fake patriotism." So there's that.

No, not standing for the National Anthem; just the song itself is "fake patriotism." What a time to be alive.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
I don't think this policy will make anyone happy.

Makes me happy. It’s the absolute only decision they could have made - you don’t have to participate, but if you’re on the field, you stand for the anthem.

I’m completely on the other side in that I can’t see any downside in this. It’s fair to everyone.

the eagles and steelers are the best constructed teams, imo, and i hate them.

i do think the vikings and jax are replaced in the playoffs.

Kelvin Benjamin... LOL.

Panthers were 21-3 without you on the field; and 18-21 with you on the field.

Honestly, I don't know why KB thought that was necessary. Even his own coach got pissed at him for that.

Dunno if you read Scott Fowler, Mark, but the dude ripped Benjamin in his latest piece. He basically summed up the article by saying "Benjamin is an underachieving wide receiver, Cam is an MVP. Clearly the latter is much better at his job than the former."

Reactions: TarHeelMark
the eagles and steelers are the best constructed teams, imo, and i hate them.

i do think the vikings and jax are replaced in the playoffs.
Since the NFL went to the current playoff format, there are typically 4-5 new teams in the playoffs from year to year. It’s a fine line, and usually depends on your record in those one score games.

That being said, I’m not very confident that the Panthers will make the playoffs either. They have still not had back-to-back winning seasons in their history, so I’m expecting 7-9 this year.

this browns team is interesting...i don’t know about the offensive line, but they are pretty good everywhere else.

aren’t they at +/- 5.5 for wins?

I hope he does make it but it's gonna be tough with 4 guys ahead of him... McCaffrey, Anderson, Artis-Payne and Barner.

gonna be tough to make an nfl roster as a 2nd or 3rd string back and not play special teams...hope he catches on somewhere.

more action on the browns to win the afc north than the three other teams, combined.

also heard that buffalo wild wings is trying to make every location a sports book where sports betting is allowed.

also heard that buffalo wild wings is trying to make every location a sports book where sports betting is allowed.

Would they book the bets themselves, or partner with a book and lay everything off?

If they get into the business of booking bets on site in several locations, that'll be much more of a profitable enterprise for them than wings and beer.

Reactions: gteeitup
Would they book the bets themselves, or partner with a book and lay everything off?

If they get into the business of booking bets on site in several locations, that'll be much more of a profitable enterprise for them than wings and beer.

was listening to sports talk radio and they were talking about their “investments”...the subject of bww came up and they just said “maybe soon placing wagers there” and that’s as far as they went.

but i agree, it would be explosive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT