ADVERTISEMENT

NFL 2018-19

i was in there during an ncaa tourney first thursday about four years ago, i think...and about an hour into the games, approx 1:30, all hell broke loose...that was 1:30, in the afternoon, on a thursday.

those trivia/tourney pick machines were everywhere.

Sorry. It's in my contract. Any time somebody mentions BWW, I'm obligated to discuss the rampant fist fights that occur in their establishments. There might even be a YouTube channel by now.
This is a thing? I've been one of the unlucky ones to have never witnessed this. I never have any gotdamn fun anymore.

dallas cowboys center diagnosed with auto-immune disease that causes nerve damage and paralysis in extremities...good lord, he thought it was just stingers.

they’re pimping greg little on snf b/c he sent film in...same old story, looks great in the airport or off the bus, but ....

he should’ve moved to safety or d-end in college and he might still be playing.

tj logan just housed it...he might make this team, congrats.

i feel like he was underused in chapel hill.

OBJ signs long term extension with the Giants making him the highest paid WR in the NFL

OBJ signs long term extension with the Giants making him the highest paid WR in the NFL

he’s a joke...imo, not worth it...especially when he’ll have another qb in the next two years throwing to him and that o-line is trash.

before today, i was thinking what i would give up, dallas, to make the strongest roster possible to make a run at a sb...mostly because i feel like the time to do it is when i’m not paying my qb & rb any money and my cash is into both lines.

yesterday i would’ve given up my entire draft next year and a #2 in 2020 for mack, earl thomas, and bridgewater.

bridgewater is dealt for a 3rd to the saints, as i’ve learned.

before today, i was thinking what i would give up, dallas, to make the strongest roster possible to make a run at a sb...mostly because i feel like the time to do it is when i’m not paying my qb & rb any money and my cash is into both lines.

yesterday i would’ve given up my entire draft next year and a #2 in 2020 for mack, earl thomas, and bridgewater.

bridgewater is dealt for a 3rd to the saints, as i’ve learned.

And that's why you're not a GM lol

Bridgewater to the Saints is interesting. Assuming he's healthy, he could be a solid long term replacement once Brees decides to retire.

and the rai
@gteeitup, do you think the Cowboys can make the playoffs and go far this year?

yes, as long as both lines stay healthy...however, i have zero confidence in scott linehan making it easy for dak or being creative enough as a play-caller to be consistent...i do think this might be the best defense they’ve had since the early 90’s...they are really good and really fast.

nfl fans, see what you think about my solution to the preseason...i personally don’t mind it, but four games is too much, imo...owners want the revenue from the games, so they think an 18 game regular season is a must if you cut the preseason schedule...the players don’t want that even if they receive an additional $500k(estimated).

here is my proposal...i would cut the preseason to two games...one of the weeks, the third preseason game is now a controlled scrimmage that the fans can attend, get on the field, meet the players, buy merchandise, etc...every team can choose how they treat that 3rd week, but it’s essentially a home event...every team will play on thursday night during the season, but they receive an additional bye week before that thursday night game, so every team gets two byes(also helps with injuries).

here’s the fun part...the league would expand the playoffs to eight teams in both conferences, but the #1 seed no longer gets the bye week, just homefield...nobody really cares about the bye week in the playoffs, they want to stay fresh...1 vs 8 etc on down.

the owners would then receive the revenue sharing through the extra playoff games...that money alone from advertising would trump any home game during a preseason i believe.

nfl fans, see what you think about my solution to the preseason...i personally don’t mind it, but four games is too much, imo...owners want the revenue from the games, so they think an 18 game regular season is a must if you cut the preseason schedule...the players don’t want that even if they receive an additional $500k(estimated).

here is my proposal...i would cut the preseason to two games...one of the weeks, the third preseason game is now a controlled scrimmage that the fans can attend, get on the field, meet the players, buy merchandise, etc...every team can choose how they treat that 3rd week, but it’s essentially a home event...every team will play on thursday night during the season, but they receive an additional bye week before that thursday night game, so every team gets two byes(also helps with injuries).

here’s the fun part...the league would expand the playoffs to eight teams in both conferences, but the #1 seed no longer gets the bye week, just homefield...nobody really cares about the bye week in the playoffs, they want to stay fresh...1 vs 8 etc on down.

the owners would then receive the revenue sharing through the extra playoff games...that money alone from advertising would trump any home game during a preseason i believe.
4 preseason games is ridiculous and boring. They used to have 6! But dudes didn’t stay in as good shape year round then, so they needed to get back in game shape. Today, 2 games seems plenty.

I would definitely like to see the bye weeks where all four teams from the same division have the same bye week, or at the least the two teams that play on Thursday nights have a bye week prior to their game.

i would still prefer to keep regular season at 16 games. Not sure about more playoff teams but I’m sure it will happen soon enough because..... $$$$$$$

I think I heard that on average 5 of the 12 playoff teams from the previous year don't repeat. So who's out this year?

my guesses... I have no idea who the new "in" teams would be, just my gut:
Pats - in
Steelers - in
Jags - out (I don't believe in Blake)
Chiefs - out (new QB)
Titans - probably out
Bills - out (because... they're the Bills)

Eagles - in (I think)
Vikings - out (not sure about cousins)
Rams - in
Saints - in
Panthers - out (just don't have faith in that o-line)
Falcons - in

told y’all gruden doesn’t like young players...lol, this dude is going to bury this franchise...this mack trade is terrible.

he’s a great play-caller, but horrible coach, personnel, and ego manager.

told y’all gruden doesn’t like young players...lol, this dude is going to bury this franchise...this mack trade is terrible.

he’s a great play-caller, but horrible coach, personnel, and ego manager.

I agree, and he reminds me a lot of Jim Harbaugh. Two guys with massive egos who I think are passed their time in terms of coaching football in 2018. I hope the Raiders do well this year, but I don't see it happening.

Khalil Mack is a beast, but I don't think the trade was all that bad. The dude was holding out, his contract was up at the end of the year, and the team wasn't contending for a super bowl this year anyways. Getting two 1st rounders from a middle of the road team seems like reasonable value - assuming they had no intention of signing him longer term.

Khalil Mack is a beast, but I don't think the trade was all that bad. The dude was holding out, his contract was up at the end of the year, and the team wasn't contending for a super bowl this year anyways. Getting two 1st rounders from a middle of the road team seems like reasonable value - assuming they had no intention of signing him longer term.

the problem is they aren’t far away talent wise and he’s the best pass rusher in the league, and he’s young...those guys are hard to find and usually they are cornerstones to org.

The Raiders needed to sign mack long term. They will regret trading him.

The Bears LB core could be special with Mack and Smith though.

the problem is they aren’t far away talent wise and he’s the best pass rusher in the league, and he’s young...those guys are hard to find and usually they are cornerstones to org.

I completely agree, but if they didn’t think they’d be able to sign him long term it makes sense to get those picks for him. Signing him was most optimal though.

dude on the radio said if brees wins a sb this year, he’ll be talked about as a top three qb ever...think about that for a minute.

season predictions:

afc:
steelers
texans
pats
chargers
jags
bengals

nfc:
vikings
saints
eagles
rams
giants
falcons

sb: saints/chargers

i’m really between dallas winning the division or going 7-9...if the defense is as good as advertised and zeke gets loose, it could be a good year...7-9 gets garrett fired, so win win.

Here’s my take... nothing but a gut feeling, and I’m not feeling too good today so I’ve got an excuse for a couple of these.

Pats
Steelers
Texans
Chargers
Ravens
Titans

Giants
Packers
Falcons
Rams
Saints
Cowboys

I have no idea about NFC East this year

SB: Steelers v. Rams

season predictions:

afc:
steelers
texans
pats
chargers
jags
bengals

nfc:
vikings
saints
eagles
rams
giants
falcons

sb: saints/chargers

i’m really between dallas winning the division or going 7-9...if the defense is as good as advertised and zeke gets loose, it could be a good year...7-9 gets garrett fired, so win win.
NFC East seems like it could go any direction.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT