ADVERTISEMENT

"non revenue" sports

giphy.gif

More good news for tennis. Hayley Carter (#1 ranked women's tennis player) advances to 16. Her and Whitney Kay advance to 16 in doubles. Womens lacrosse taking on Penn State at 5:00 for a spot in the championship game. Men's team taking on Loyola Saturday at 12:00 for a spot in the championship game.

Ronnie Schneider lost.

Women's lacrosse held on to beat Penn State 12-11. They'll play for the national championship against the winner of Maryland/Syracuse (looking like MD) on Sunday at noon on ESPNU.

Loyola making a charge here in the 4th . . 3 goals in a row 16-11 Heels.

So in the span of 4 days we've won two national championships, singles tennis makes it to the championship game and tennis doubles make it to the final 4. In other words, our athletic department has had more success in 4 days than state has had in 4 decades.

giphy.gif

I bristled a little bit when I first saw this. Even though it's true, it's pretty arrogant and he could have just said "eight Power 5 teams" rather than naming them.

But then I remembered the last six years and said f*** it. It's us against the world from here on out.
Oh it's extremely arrogant, especially when you consider the fact that............let's be honest, no one really gives a sh*t about sports not named football, basketball, and baseball. Yes, every Olympic sport has its cult following, but by and large no one cares. VT, who's built a huge football brand for itself, doesn't give a sh*t that Carolina has won a ton of natties in field hockey, lacrosse, and soccer.

I hate the arrogance that UNC fans show, but you're right, I've softened on that a bit due to the whole scandal, so I'll let this one slide. I would've liked it better if he had said "eight Power5 teams, including NC State."

Oh it's extremely arrogant, especially when you consider the fact that............let's be honest, no one really gives a sh*t about sports not named football, basketball, and baseball. Yes, every Olympic sport has its cult following, but by and large no one cares. VT, who's built a huge football brand for itself, doesn't give a sh*t that Carolina has won a ton of natties in field hockey, lacrosse, and soccer.

I hate the arrogance that UNC fans show, but you're right, I've softened on that a bit due to the whole scandal, so I'll let this one slide. I would've liked it better if he had said "eight Power5 teams, including NC State."

VT's football brand is overstated and diminishing. And f**k them. I hate them as much as I do moo. I'm glad they got called out.

As far as the arrogance, that's what separates us. Personally, I love it.

Yeah, I think it's time we all embrace it.

Anyone else find it ironic that The Great Unpleasantness has ushered in possibly the most successful era of Carolina athletics? All these ABCers can KMA.

I would have been downright intolerable if Roy's boys could have brought home the hardware last month. I mean, I would have lost some friends.

But then I remembered the last six years and said f*** it. It's us against the world from here on out.

As far as the arrogance, that's what separates us. Personally, I love it.

Yeah, I think it's time we all embrace it.

I'm embracing it. F*** everyone else. If people can try to rip on UNC for fake classes that didn't actually matter - we can rip on everyone else for fake sports that don't actually matter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT