ADVERTISEMENT

Notice of allegations

This may very well have happened, but something just really seems "off" with this whole thing.

First - if UNC received these on April 17th (last Friday), what are the realistic chances that it takes this long to leak?

Secondly - the timing of this coinciding with Ingram's visit to Dook, just kinda makes this feel like someone over there is planting this rumor to sway the kid's decision. Not directly accusing any coach in particular over in Durham, but there's nothing to stop assistants or boosters from just putting this out there and letting the media run with it. With Ingram's decision coming next Monday, who cares over there if UNC refutes this claim (assuming it to be false)...by the time they clear the rumors, Ingram would have announced. Mission Accomplished on their part.

Reactions: Billheel
This may very well have happened, but something just really seems "off" with this whole thing.

First - if UNC received these on April 17th (last Friday), what are the realistic chances that it takes this long to leak?

Secondly - the timing of this coinciding with Ingram's visit to Dook, just kinda makes this feel like someone over there is planting this rumor to sway the kid's decision. Not directly accusing any coach in particular over in Durham, but there's nothing to stop assistants or boosters from just putting this out there and letting the media run with it. With Ingram's decision coming next Monday, who cares over there if UNC refutes this claim (assuming it to be false)...by the time they clear the rumors, Ingram would have announced. Mission Accomplished on their part.

Except for Ingram himself reported it in an interview with ESPN's Biancardi...and he said in the interview he heard it from Roy.

That doesn't make it true, but that's how the NOA news broke, so I highly doubt it's some devilish recruiting ploy from Durham...no matter how susceptible they may be to such behavior.

Roy would not have told him that if it were true. The most plausible explanation is roy told him to expect to know something that date and hopefully he could come to him with a realistic explanation as to what to expect. Obviously it disnt happen and we cant tell ingram any more now than when he said he wouldnt commit due to the uncertainty. Might as well have the death penalty the way this has killed recruiting. Hes dook bound now for sure.

That interview yesterday gives me zero hope that we land this kid. He sounded Duke bound.

Also...this opens up a huge issue if Duke told Ingram that we received sanctions when we did not. Everyone has made it clear we did not tell him this and that he heard it from "someone else".

If so, that's a new recruiting low by Duke. Stay classy.

I just am not buying this - I don't care what Ingram said in his interview. And I am not saying "Dook" planted any info (hint, hint...wink, wink)....but I would venture to believe that someone who routinely cheers for that program may very well have given just enough info to someone, somewhere to get this rumor started...just in time for Ingram's announcement.

I just am not buying this - I don't care what Ingram said in his interview. And I am not saying "Dook" planted any info (hint, hint...wink, wink)....but I would venture to believe that someone who routinely cheers for that program may very well have given just enough info to someone, somewhere to get this rumor started...just in time for Ingram's announcement.

BI must have misunderstood. Never happened.

If Roy pulls this one off tonight we can never say a bad word about his recruiting ability ever again.

This is concerning. Because as we've realized by now, what BI said is not true. So that begs the question, why on earth would he have said Roy told him that? Did Roy leak some info to BI? If so, Roy can't be pleased with BI exposing it. Did BI misunderstand comments made by Roy? If so, Roy can't be pleased that BI made a public comment so egregious. Is BI just an idiot? If so, Roy wouldn't want a guy like that on the team.

Bottom line, I don't think there's really any good explanation for BI's comments in that video.

Only logical conclusion to me is that Coach heard something and possibly relayed this to Ingram. The April 17 date could play a part, or it could be meaningless, in the final analysis. Ingram is a good kid from all that I know. However, misunderstood conjecture is just that...

I for one will be glad when the rule. Hopefully it will not be as severe as some think. I really think it has affected recruiting. There were never threads discussing Roys ability to recruit, or complaining about the type of players he brought in. We did seem to get most of what we wanted then. We relied on upperclassmen and a talented young star or two. Hopefully we can get back to that. I dont want a fresh crop of froshes every year. I want to get to know the players for 3 years at least.

This is concerning. Because as we've realized by now, what BI said is not true. So that begs the question, why on earth would he have said Roy told him that? Did Roy leak some info to BI? If so, Roy can't be pleased with BI exposing it. Did BI misunderstand comments made by Roy? If so, Roy can't be pleased that BI made a public comment so egregious. Is BI just an idiot? If so, Roy wouldn't want a guy like that on the team.

Bottom line, I don't think there's really any good explanation for BI's comments in that video.

Agreed. I think Ingram may have misunderstood Roy. Maybe Roy told him that date was when they expected to hear something from the NCAA by.

This makes me wonder if there is a good well-informed vibe or some semblance of info that could have been relayed to young Mr. Ingram. And, per the slothful, sloppy, overreaching nature of the NCAA and the slimy recruiting being used against the Program, I wouldn't second guess Roy for doing so.

Well, right off the bat, Roy is not going to leak information like this unless there was going to be a press conference in the next day or so that would let everyone know. Can not say I am happy that no matter what Brandan heard or thought he heard, felt the need to speak to the press about it in short order. To go public like that about something that if you were told were told so in confidence...well that could be a glimpse at his character and not a good look.

This smells like information planted by one of the 2 other staffs in the fight for this kid's comit to eliminate us. If it was Brandan, then how do you feel about a coaching staff that feeds you lies just to get you to say yes to them? If they are going to do that now then what other lies lay ahead for you when you comit to play for them?

Folks have suggested that maybe Roy told brandan something and Brandan misunderstood, I don't buy that. I don't because you are not going to confuse "brandan we think we may know something on the 17th" with "we will getting a notice of infraction on the 17th". One says this may be all over on the 17th while the latter says we have been found guilty of an infraction and will be punished and that punishment will be handed out to us on the 17th, or at least what we wil be punished for. For a kid that says he is so concerned about what the NCAA may do to UNC that he hesitates to comit to us, that is not just a simple mistake to make because if he is that concerned he is going to know what a NOI is, he is never in a million years going to confuse that with this will finally all be over on 4/17.

But no matter what, no matter IF Brandan was told anything by Roy, why the need to talk to the first reporter that says hello to you about something you were told in confidence? This just strikes me as wrong and it brings back to me the real question that isn't talked about much in this recruitment, what would Ingram to UNC do to our over all team chemistry?

Team chemistry, I think we can all see by now that the manner in which JP left indicates we had some chemistry challenges last season, maybe they were all surrounding JP. But if they were, do you really want a kid to come in as a freshman that challenges our chemistry, would you want JP back now after his parting shots, frankly I would rather have JP back even after those parting shots than I had a freshman that has not proven a darn thing on the college level, other than maybe he doesn't know how to keep things told to him in confidence to himself, that may bring just as much inbalance chemistry wise..

I started a thread, think it was on 4Cs a while back asking who you would prefer, INgram or Kenny Williams. While I made a great case for kenny, I ended by saying at the time I still preferred INgram because the kid does have incredible talent & potential but it was a clase call for me then because kenny was a area of need kid that filled that area of need really well. Not that I felt at the time or feel today that we were going to get INgram, I finally accepted we were out of it for the kid after listening to his dad's 2 part interview and listening closely to what Don was saying. The interview was not all of it but for me it was that final thing that caused the light to go on, kid wants duke and his dad wants UNC and the comit will be coming from the kid, the NCAA concern is nothing more than a smoke screen so the kid can point to and have valid reason to not go to where his dad really wants him to play.

But after saying what he did to the reporter about a potential UNC NOI from the NCAA, it is more than I don't think we will get him, it is to me now I want kenny Williams much much more and that I feel we are better off adding no one else if we miss on kenny (I do NOT think we will miss on Kenny) than we would be by adding a kid that causes this team to have even more chemistry issues. Just my opinion folks....

Ingram is arguably the best prospect in the country from a UNC hotbed.....our own backyard....I think I want Ingram. Roy mets with family should be able to calm any NCAA concerns......How good a closer is he?

we are not in receipt of the NOA, and the expected date has been pushed back.
Ingram is arguably the best prospect in the country from a UNC hotbed.....our own backyard....I think I want Ingram. Roy mets with family should be able to calm any NCAA concerns......How good a closer is he?

The only closer better was Mariano Rivera . .

UNC will not be receiving an NOA anytime soon. The NCAA is doing this on purpose. They know they have no case because it is an academic issue and not an athletic issue. So they will sit and do nothing and that has been and will continue to be punishment enough. As for Duke, K is the biggest SOB in college basketball. The hypocrisy of K is beyond anything. We all know Duke is a bunch of cheaters and K has done time after time. The problem is the NCAA is scared of the rat for some reason. Never know, anyone can squash that little POS. Ingram should ask K where the NOA is for Lance Thomas. And there is still a story behind Suliamon. Something happended there. I am tired of this bullcrap. UNC is held hostage by the NCAA while Duke gets away with murder.

Is a notice of allegations supposed to be secret? I mean so many people here are talking about "leaks" "Roy wouldn't leak" and so on that I have to ask.

If Roy was under the impression that the NCAA was going to have the list of allegations to UNC by the 17th, why wouldn't he tell Ingram that? What's wrong with that? What am I missing?

If you were Ingram, you would be worried about 2 different things for each team.

For Duke you would worry about someone getting you the ball and whether you'll have an adequate supporting cast.

For UNC you are worried about playing time and NCAA sanctions that could shorten your OAD season.

K did his job of landing a PG to get Ingram the ball.

The ball was then in Roy's court. If Roy didn't know any more about the NCAA in this week's meeting than he did last week, it's a tough sell.

If Ingram commits to Duke (or anyone other than UNC), will the NCAA feel they have punished us enough to get on with it? Or won't they be satisfied until they thoroughly cripple recruiting in the 2016 class, too?

Reactions: Ford_corners

Roy is a solid closer but like anyone else, if you are not selling exactly what someone is looking to buy then the results wil not go as you always want them to.

UNC will not be receiving an NOA anytime soon. The NCAA is doing this on purpose. They know they have no case because it is an academic issue and not an athletic issue. So they will sit and do nothing and that has been and will continue to be punishment enough. As for Duke, K is the biggest SOB in college basketball. The hypocrisy of K is beyond anything. We all know Duke is a bunch of cheaters and K has done time after time. The problem is the NCAA is scared of the rat for some reason. Never know, anyone can squash that little POS. Ingram should ask K where the NOA is for Lance Thomas. And there is still a story behind Suliamon. Something happended there. I am tired of this bullcrap. UNC is held hostage by the NCAA while Duke gets away with murder.

Ingram didn't ask K about Lance Thomas, but he did ask about Suilamon and the reason why Duke has had so many tranfers and that's a fact. K was caught off guard. Ingram probably knows more about Sulaimon than the entire Duke fan base combined...KRat was cornered.....LOL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT