ADVERTISEMENT

Official Game Thread Tar Heels vs. Dawgs

When was the last time Carolina lost a game in any sport and it wasn't the refs fault?
When we lost to SoCar last year, none of us were damning the refs. This game was the worst for officiating against UNC football I can recall for many years. fedora's anger that resulted in the Unsportsmanlike call was not just that the call against Heck was so obviously wrong. That simply was the bad call too many that meant Fedora could no longer control himself.

This crew was at least as bad as the Ron Cherry crew, without the comedy.

Reactions: Super6Fan
When we lost to SoCar last year, none of us were damning the refs. This game was the worst for officiating against UNC football I can recall for many years. fedora's anger that resulted in the Unsportsmanlike call was not just that the call against Heck was so obviously wrong. That simply was the bad call too many that meant Fedora could no longer control himself.

This crew was at least as bad as the Ron Cherry crew, without the comedy.
Oh come on, the refs were just as bad both ways. There were at least a half dozen obvious holding calls that didn't get called against you guys. The first pass interference call was legit, the second could have been called either way. There was enough there for the call, but if they hadn't called it we are the ones upset about it, both sides had an argument on that one. The refs didn't cost you this game.

Reactions: UNC71-00
Oh come on, the refs were just as bad both ways. There were at least a half dozen obvious holding calls that didn't get called against you guys. The first pass interference call was legit, the second could have been called either way. There was enough there for the call, but if they hadn't called it we are the ones upset about it, both sides had an argument on that one. The refs didn't cost you this game.

Not entirely, but they certainly helped.

Turning point in the game: UNC converts a first down but it's called back for an ineligible player downfield. Complete and total trash.

Ineligible_wlqvrp.png

I'm down with football. The cheating that has taken place in this game is unbelievable. Every time Georgia needed a call a yellow flag was thrown. You would have to be blind not to see this fix.
And there it goes. That Chubb TD run means the awful refs will tell themselves that their bad calls did not influence the game.
Come on people. Really? You want to call cheating? Say the refs lost the game for you? It was a helluva game, that could have gone either way. 2/3's of the game we had no passing game for y'all to worry about (lambert was awful, and y'all stacked the box for Chubb when lambert was in. The safety was a huge play.
I thought your defense was much better than advertised, especially when they could pin their ears back on lambert. But I thought both played well enough to win, but don't think the refs were that bad at all. You have complaints, but you have to admit there were at least 6 holding calls that were obvious that didn't get called. The biggest one was on the long run by Hood. Y'all are a good team and will have a good season, but don't stoop to blaming the refs, it's not a good look, believe I know as we have done it many times as well.
This is an early season loss, but there is plenty of time for y'all to make up for it by the end of the season, and it's a non-conference loss so the season isn't lost by any means. Good game and good luck the rest of the way.

Chin up Tarheel fans, this game made both teams better I truly feel.

Linemen downfield was a bogus call. Even if 1st down was allowed, still tough deep inside your territory...

These calls are nothing for big SEC games, you got to roll with the punches.

I'm pulling for ya'll against Clem. and FSU. It would be big boost in recruiting if you pull one of those games. Louisville is scary too but I'm curious to see how you stack up against the ACC elite.

Reactions: UNC71-00
Chin up Tarheel fans, this game made both teams better I truly feel.

Linemen downfield was a bogus call. Even if 1st down was allowed, still tough deep inside your territory...

These calls are nothing for big SEC games, you got to roll with the punches.

I'm pulling for ya'll against Clem. and FSU. It would be big boost in recruiting if you pull one of those games. Louisville is scary too but I'm curious to see how you stack up against the ACC elite.
I appreciate the gesture, but I don't think there is one single player or coach who feels good about last night. Why would you think they would? We expected to win the game. There is no moral victory for us here. We died a death of a thousand self-inflicted cuts. I don't expect we match up that well with either Clemson or FSU. We could steal one against FSU sure, but I wouldn't count on it. I'm interested how UGA is going to match up with the elite of the SEC, you should fare ok in the east. I expect we'll also get an idea, at least early on, how well the ACC elite stacks up against the SEC elite Monday evening.

Reactions: Archer2
I appreciate the gesture, but I don't think there is one single player or coach who feels good about last night. Why would you think they would? We expected to win the game. There is no moral victory for us here. We died a death of a thousand self-inflicted cuts. I don't expect we match up that well with either Clemson or FSU. We could steal one against FSU sure, but I wouldn't count on it. I'm interested how UGA is going to match up with the elite of the SEC, you should fare ok in the east. I expect we'll also get an idea, at least early on, how well the ACC elite stacks up against the SEC elite Monday evening.
Yep, I'm not into moral victories. I expected to win and I'm very disappointed in our staff on the offensive side of the ball and in Mitch. I expected better from both.

Reactions: tarheel0910
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT