ADVERTISEMENT

Official Game Thread Tar Heels vs. Dawgs

Every call in the second half has gone against North Carolina. Yes I realize the pass or was it a fumble call in the first half went to UNC but the difference in that call and the rest of this lopsided called game there was NOT a penalty called on it.

I'm down with football. The cheating that has taken place in this game is unbelievable. Every time Georgia needed a call a yellow flag was thrown. You would have to be blind not to see this fix.

Reactions: uncboy10
And there it goes. That Chubb TD run means the awful refs will tell themselves that their bad calls did not influence the game.

What are you blaming the refs for? Georgia has dominated the game statswise and we still have a chance to steal this game.

Plenty of time to score and try to get an onside kick. But this really sucks

No wonder the Big 10 is such a crappy conference. These guys make Ron Cherry look like a superstar official.

Unbelievable officiating. We convert 3rd down twice and both times the refs find a way to take it from us. Phantom ineligible receiver allows a safety. Ridiculous. Ridiculous. Ridiculous.

Cuz refs made us throw a screen pass 4 yards backwards into our endzone. Just dumb play calling. Better team won. Stop blaming refs.

Reactions: 333Dawg
Play calling lost this game. Larry should apologize to the players in the locker room. It sure would've been nice to finally win one of these games.

I really think this team could not recover mentally from officiating. That 2nd PI call on Rene set up the TD, and it was a bad call, definitely worse than the 1st. I also wonder if it and other calls were all over Francis' mind as he muffed that kickoff. When players think about bad calls, they are more prone to make mistakes.

If the even worse Illegal Man Down Field call is not made, then there would not have been a safety.

From there on out, I think our players had refs on their mind.

There are 2 good things to take from this loss. 1) we won't be cursed with those officials again; 2) Fedora seems to start slow.

Need to keep scheduling these games. And need to stop scheduling fcs teams
There was already chatter if we went undefeated we wouldn't possibly be a playoff team due to the two fcs teams.

Need to keep scheduling top tier teams and either lose and know where we are at truly.... or win.

Reactions: uncpig
Wrong. We are that good.

Lol. What team have you been watching?

We should have lost by more but for a bad UGA fumble and a KO return.

This game was never close.

Good news is that Carolina has great field hockey and soccer teams. Much cheaper and they actually win big games.

Reactions: 333Dawg and uncpig
Lots I could say but really was not impressed by Mitch. He just looked flustered and lost out there in key situations. He is clearly No marquis as far as running or mobility

Our running defense is once again atrocious... we have a long way to go this year and Fedora did not do a very good job preparing this team for this game.Way too many penalties and bonehead plays...very disappointing and poor performance.

Reactions: UNC71-00 and uncpig
We had the chance yet again to make a name for ourselves and ACC on a huge national stage and laid another egg. I was so ready for some bacon!

Reactions: UNC71-00
i'm not ready to say carolina isn't good enough to schedule sec teams...i am ready to give a speech about preparing and game management though...carolina is still lacking in those areas, enormously.

Great game guys! The line and backs looked good against a stout opponent. The officiating swung the game. I never like to blame refs but a few phantom 4th quarter calls gave Georgia alot of chances. Hate to be a cynic, but seemed like the refs wanted to make an impact.

i'm not ready to say carolina isn't good enough to schedule sec teams...i am ready to give a speech about preparing and game management though...carolina is still lacking in those areas, enormously.

Same thing.

Lots I could say but really was not impressed by Mitch. He just looked flustered and lost out there in key situations. He is clearly No marquis as far as running or mobility

Our running defense is once again atrocious... we have a long way to go this year and Fedora did not do a very good job preparing this team for this game.Way too many penalties and bonehead plays...very disappointing and poor performance.
I agree with all of that except for the run D. Take away that one big run from Chubb and we hold him under 200. From where we were at last year that's a big improvement to me.

Great game guys! The line and backs looked good against a stout opponent. The officiating swung the game. I never like to blame refs but a few phantom 4th quarter calls gave Georgia alot of chances. Hate to be a cynic, but seemed like the refs wanted to make an impact.

When was the last time Carolina lost a game in any sport and it wasn't the refs fault?

Elijah Hood had 10 carries.......I'm not Larry Fedora, but when I'm up by 10 points I'm feeding my best player the damn football. Pitiful, pitiful!!! I know this team will win a bunch of games this year..probably 10. But we HAVE GOT TO GET OUR BEST PLAYER THE BALL.

This team is not winning 10 games unless we beat someone in a December bowl and even that is questionable

Cuz refs made us throw a screen pass 4 yards backwards into our endzone. Just dumb play calling. Better team won. Stop blaming refs.

Wait, you think the screen was the primary option? I think Hood was probably the 3rd progression but the LB did a great job of jamming hood off the line deep into the endzone. Mitch actually had to make a blitzer miss... things were broken enough for me to think that wasn't the first read.

Wait, you think the screen was the primary option? I think Hood was probably the 3rd progression but the LB did a great job of jamming hood off the line deep into the endzone. Mitch actually had to make a blitzer miss... things were broken enough for me to think that wasn't the first read.

actually, look at that play again...fedora makes sure he(mitch) had the play...i can almost bet that was the call, it's just the wrong call...seriously, look at the replay.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT