ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL: NCAA National Title Game thread

We didn't lose that game on the last play - we lost it in the first 16 minutes of the half - was too much to come back from

rocky-cries-o.gif

That was a clutch bucket by Nova. Heartbreak city gents. Congrats to Nova. This one is going to hurt for a while.

I'll still wake up even more of a Tar Heel fan tomorrow.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I said earlier we could overcome anything but 60% shooting and they ended up at 58.7... They pretty much made everything they threw up during stretches of the game... Well played game Heels!!!! Still a fan regardless... Thank You Seniors

Heck of a game. refs did us zero favors. Nova took away our bigs. Paige you just made yourself a Million dollars my friend.

Both teams played hard
Both teams played hard, my man
Both teams played hard, God bless

We almost won despite of Roy. Fact is, he's the ONLY coach in America or possibly organized basketball that would allow his team to get out scored 33-16 during the 2nd half of a national title and never call a timeout. Pair that with him continuing to leave Meeks in the game during a large portion of that run when they were abusing his slow feet on ball screens while Johnson sat on the bench. Also you always guard the inbounder. Never give them a free entry pass, that's the key to any good late game set is the first pass and we didn't even contest it. Also, you have your worst defender in Hicks guarding their best shooter in Jenkins. Should have had Pinson in during that last play on Jenkins. hicks got caught watching the game and we paid royally for it as Jenkins hit a fairly uncontested shot. If you think I'm just trashing hicks I'm not. Watch the replay of the last play and you will say "what the **** was Hicks doing?"

Reactions: OldSchoo01
We almost won despite of Roy. Fact is, he's the ONLY coach in America or possibly organized basketball that would allow his team to get out scored 33-16 during the 2nd half of a national title and never call a timeout. Pair that with him continuing to leave Meeks in the game during a large portion of that run when they were abusing his slow feet on ball screens while Johnson sat on the bench. Also you always guard the inbounder. Never give them a free entry pass, that's the key to any good late game set is the first pass and we didn't even contest it. Also, you have your worst defender in Hicks guarding their best shooter in Jenkins. Should have had Pinson in during that last play on Jenkins. hicks got caught watching the game and we paid royally for it as Jenkins hit a fairly uncontested shot. If you think I'm just trashing hicks I'm not. Watch the replay of the last play and you will say "what the **** was Hicks doing?"
Yep pretty much...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT