ADVERTISEMENT

One is the loneliness number

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
For some of you older fans out there you might remember the 1970’s super musical group called: Three Dog Night who had one of their many hits come out called “One”. The main lyrics were all about this statement: one is the loneliness number that you ever knew and that pretty much sums up the one point loss to Georgia Tech who by the way also earlier in the season had beaten Duke at home..:

Yes one is the loneliness number. Like one more rebound, winning just ONE 50/50 ball, hitting one more ft from the many they missed, hitting one more three, Ryan and Ingram hitting one more shot during their combined 6 for 28 shooting exhibition. One more layup falling in the basket when so many rolled off. One less turnover especially in the first half. One less foul called on Cadeau, one less mental mistake and more importantly one less foul not called at the end of the game when Davis was definitely bodied up and knocked to the side on his game winning attempt Finally one last thing looking at the stats Georgia Tech had not one but eight blocks. Also Ryan did not shoot one free throw and Ingram did not post any ONE up like he has all season

Yes one is indeed the loneliness number…

Yeah but:

"The ink is black,
The page is white,
Together we learn to read and write"

And, 'Well I never been to Spain" either! LOL

• Haha
Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Chuck Negron!

When I was a little kid, my mom blared them, Janis Joplin and Joe Cocker all the time from our giant furniture stereo! My Dad hated all three! lol

Golden Biscuits, Harmony, all of them!
Yep, I remember my folks having that Golden Biscuits LP. It's probably still in my mom's house in the same place it was 50 years ago. LOL

For some of you older fans out there you might remember the 1970’s super musical group called: Three Dog Night who had one of their many hits come out called “One”. The main lyrics were all about this statement: one is the loneliness number that you ever knew and that pretty much sums up the one point loss to Georgia Tech who by the way also earlier in the season had beaten Duke at home..:

Yes one is the loneliness number. Like one more rebound, winning just ONE 50/50 ball, hitting one more ft from the many they missed, hitting one more three, Ryan and Ingram hitting one more shot during their combined 6 for 28 shooting exhibition. One more layup falling in the basket when so many rolled off. One less turnover especially in the first half. One less foul called on Cadeau, one less mental mistake and more importantly one less foul not called at the end of the game when Davis was definitely bodied up and knocked to the side on his game winning attempt Finally one last thing looking at the stats Georgia Tech had not one but eight blocks. Also Ryan did not shoot one free throw and Ingram did not post any ONE up like he has all season

Yes one is indeed the loneliness number…
...written by the late great Harry Nilsson, BTW.

Yup! I tried to re-watch that game to see where it went wrong too. Your summary is awesome and exactly what happened. Sometimes you have to congratulate the other team and simply get to work! The great news is this will be a catalyst for the team to reach for even higher heights!

Reactions: keysersosay#1
Really liked 3 dog in the 70s...good memories....a great party song was Joy to the world.......Jeremiah was a bullfrog...he was a good friend of mine.......danced many a night to that tune....feeling no pain :)

Absolutely LOVED, still do, 3 Dog Night, any record they released was going to get burned up in my 8 track player! 3 Dog Night, Gary Puckett, Paul Revere and the Raiders all put me back to a time where things made more sense, where life was fun and easy. My favorite from them was Black & White, a song I think is very relevant today, a song everyone should listen to and embrace. The line, "a child is born, the child is black, the child is white, the whole world looks upon the sight, a beautiful sight" ... It is a simple statement that we are all the same as children, children know nothing of race until they are taught they must be different, we should all be more like children.

I came across Casey Kasem's American Top 40 Weekly lists on You Tube a couple weeks ago, mostly 80's lists. Such a joy to listen to the top songs for numerous weeks in given year. The classics! Not kidding, I spent a couple of hours listening to those classic songs!

Reactions: Heels5150
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT