ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina other sports discussion thread

Found it on ESPNu. Down 7-2. I literally know zero about lacross. Can we come back from that?

Yes. Lacrosse is a game of runs. Let's see where we are at half.

But that being said, we can't keep fukkin around with our heads up our asses.

Doesn't appear to be any type of shot clock. So does that mean, with a lead late in the game, the team winning can pull a 4 corners and sit on it?

Doesn't appear to be any type of shot clock. So does that mean, with a lead late in the game, the team winning can pull a 4 corners and sit on it?

Shot clock is put on at referees discretion. If he feels the offense isn't trying to score, then 30 sec shot clock.

Just seemed like a bad day at the office for the Heels. Couldn't even corral loose balls when no Terp was around them. Shake it off and prepare for the next. Lot of ball left to play!

So something I noticed in the first half I thought was interesting. If I was seeing right, no matter who throws the ball out of bounds it goes to the team who slides the closest to the out of bounds line?

Another question. UNC is 14th in the nation and the announcers are talkin like this loss may impact them getting into the post season. I don't get that.

Is it too late to request photos?

It is. But you have another chance in 3 weeks.

I am doing a tailgate for UNC-Syracuse on 4/15, which will be at Kenan Stadium. I am going to park on Stadium Dr and have tents and a grill and the whole 9. The game starts at 4 and Ima gonna start the tailgate at about 11:30. Come on and join us.

Reactions: Raising Heel
Tournament is smaller for lacrosse. I think it's 16 and half of those are AQ.

This is correct.

Carolina is going to need to win 3 of next 4 or win the ACC tourney now to get in, unless those crappy Big10 teams take the gas pipe, which is certainly possible.

Also- UNC women are playing now on WatchESPN and it's much closer than it should be.

So something I noticed in the first half I thought was interesting. If I was seeing right, no matter who throws the ball out of bounds it goes to the team who slides the closest to the out of bounds line?

If the ball goes out after a shot, whichever team is closest to the ball when it goes out gets possession.

If the ball goes out after a pass, it goes to the other team unless the pass is tipped- same rules as basketball.

Guy calling the baseball game just took a shot at duke. Said they don't have a basketball team right now. LOL

As of latest standings release (March 23rd), Carolina is ranked #7 in Learfield Director's Cup standings.

LINK

NC State is doing very well at #13, but you'd never know it from reading Pack Pride. Alas, we are still better, and always will be.

Other ACC teams high in the standings:

- UVA #10
- VT # 18
- Louisville #27

Duke is a very surprising #49 and Notre Dame is #39. Generally, those two schools have very, very good athletic departments.

As of latest standings release (March 23rd), Carolina is ranked #7 in Learfield Director's Cup standings.

LINK

NC State is doing very well at #13, but you'd never know it from reading Pack Pride. Alas, we are still better, and always will be.

Other ACC teams high in the standings:

- UVA #10
- VT # 18
- Louisville #27

Duke is a very surprising #49 and Notre Dame is #39. Generally, those two schools have very, very good athletic departments.
Two things. First, how the hell does state make it to 13? Have they started including bass fishing in the standings? Second, I vote to disqualify Stanford from this thing. They have won it by a large margin every single year except for the first one, which was won by UNC.

Two things. First, how the hell does state make it to 13? Have they started including bass fishing in the standings? Second, I vote to disqualify Stanford from this thing. They have won it by a large margin every single year except for the first one, which was won by UNC.
1. State is doing really well lately in sports like swimming. They have a really, really good swimming program for both sexes. They're also pretty good in softball and really good in women's basketball. To make everyone feel better and make non-revenue sports feel like they matter, these rankings apply a huge number of points to sports outside the "big 3." It's the best ranking State has ever had by far. I think their best-ever finish is like 24?

2. Agree on Stanford. They win by having the sheer number of sports in which they compete. They field a team for basically everything. Water polo and all.

3. All jokes aside, would love for Carolina to get a bass fishing team and a rifle team. Zero reason why we shouldn't have one. Plenty of lakes and ponds around Chapel Hill. Not ALL the outdoorsmen in the state go to State and App.

The diamond heels beat defending national champs Coastal Carolina yesterday and are now ranked #8. Big series this weekend at FSU who is ranked 12th.
Awesome! Let's keep this thread updated, guys. One thing I haven't done as well since graduating is follow all the non-revs as well. I keep on field hockey because I covered it for the DTH, and I keep eye on men's soccer and women's soccer, but I've gotten lax (no pun intended) on keeping up with other sports. I've never followed baseball as closely as I'd like. I humbly apologize for my Radar-esque fandom in this regard :(

But forreal, let's keep each other abreast of what's going on. I hope the men's lax team can rally in their next few and clinch a tourney bid.

I'd love to get into UNC baseball, but I don't how in the world you guys do it without just going to all the games since college baseball isn't really a TV thing. Baseball is my favorite sport by a mile, but the lack of exposure just keeps me away from college. I'll admit I'd struggle to get used to the "ping" though. Just not the same without the crack of the bat.

I'd love to get into UNC baseball, but I don't how in the world you guys do it without just going to all the games since college baseball isn't really a TV thing. Baseball is my favorite sport by a mile, but the lack of exposure just keeps me away from college. I'll admit I'd struggle to get used to the "ping" though. Just not the same without the crack of the bat.
Have you not heard about the ESPN digital network? Virtually every baseball game is on the digital network.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT