ADVERTISEMENT

Pete Nance

DaSheed

Senior
Mar 26, 2016
Rumor has it UNC is now pursuing him after he withdrew from the NBA Draft. I understand we’ve got guys on the team now who can fill Manek’s spot next season, but neither Puff or Styles are in Nance’s class at this point. UNC is a better team with Nance on it.

Does anyone have knowledge of when Nance will likely make his decision?

Seems like an easy decision to me. Come to UNC and join the best team in college basketball, win a National Championship and then get drafted and play in the NBA. Reliable information is incredibly difficult to find right now. No clue what schools he’s interested in or who’s the favorite. Even Mando is quiet on this one.
4-B7287-E5-001-E-47-A8-A407-7-D2-DD73-E2-F8-A.jpg

Even Mando is quiet on this one.
I wonder why. He's not timid about making his views known. Maybe he's just being cautious after failing to reel in Mayer.

Have any of our other players expressed opinions about Nance? To my eye, Nance is more Manek-like than Mayer. I would think RJ and Caleb would be happy to have him as a passing target, inside and out.

I'd like to see what the news in on the pinned premium thread over on IC. But after all the sunshine they pumped about Mayer, there is no way I'd pay for their info again. We went from "Mayer is visiting UNC and UNC is the likely leader" to "no visit and Illinois paid him" real damn quick.

I'd like to see what the news in on the pinned premium thread over on IC. But after all the sunshine they pumped about Mayer, there is no way I'd pay for their info again. We went from "Mayer is visiting UNC and UNC is the likely leader" to "no visit and Illinois paid him" real damn quick.
Lots of internet rumors that Nance is also headed to Illinois. That would give them a scary starting 5

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Lotsa folks got bamboozled on that one, but our guys had the stones to admit it. It happens man.

I’d never undersell the value of premium Though. They’re waaaay yonder more correct than not on recruiting. If that’s all you’re looking for.

For me tho, DS’s coaching experience (along with his HS/ AAU history and knowings) and his film Breakdown Takes and player evaluations are worth the meager price on their own. The man knows HS and college hoops. Ive learned so Much from his efforts there than I could have ever imagined possible. The man is simply THAT GOOD.

Give it another shot!

Reactions: r_u_worthy
Lotsa folks got bamboozled on that one, but our guys had the stones to admit it. It happens man.

I’d never undersell the value of premium Though. They’re waaaay yonder more correct than not on recruiting. If that’s all you’re looking for.

For me tho, DS’s coaching experience (along with his HS/ AAU history and knowings) and his film Breakdown Takes and player evaluations are worth the meager price on their own. The man knows HS and college hoops. Ive learned so Much from his efforts there than I could have ever imagined possible. The man is simply THAT GOOD.

Give it another shot!
DS?

Sorry, my bad.
David Sisk. Took Over for Clint, hit the ground running and we’ve never looked back. Not knocking Clint, I truly miss him. But David brings it in recruiting as well but offers hoops insight that Ive not seen equalled on any other site. ( Im
On a few in other sports )

Seriously, give it another shot! The only downside is that AJ allows posts by knuckleheads like me! Truth! Lol

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Lots of internet rumors that Nance is also headed to Illinois. That would give them a scary starting 5
I don't know if I'd call them scary. Their starting PG is a freshman that is ranked nearly identical to Seth Trimble. They apparently sold Mayer on playing a lot of SF, which I think is a role he will struggle with mightily. Nance, if he goes there, will have to play primarily the C position, and he's only 218 lbs according to his combine measurements. I can see why Northwestern struggled with him anchoring them in the post, he's just too lightweight to deal with the real centers across the college landscape.

They definitely improved their roster thanks to the portal, and Nance would surely help them. But they haven't made it passed the first weekend of the NCAA tournament in 17 years, and I don't see that changing next season with an injury prone freshman leading that squad.

But I'm also not going to get my hopes up about Nance after the Mayer fiasco. I'll just assume Illinois is going to buy Nance too and be pleasantly surprised if we even get him to visit.

Sorry, my bad.
David Sisk. Took Over for Clint, hit the ground running and we’ve never looked back. Not knocking Clint, I truly miss him. But David brings it in recruiting as well but offers hoops insight that Ive not seen equalled on any other site. ( Im
On a few in other sports )

Seriously, give it another shot! The only downside is that AJ allows posts by knuckleheads like me! Truth! Lol
Never met Gary I take it?

I've had premium before. Not impressed at all, and it's even less useful these days when recruiting importance has been so greatly diminished by the OAD and the portal. Different strokes, I guess.

Reactions: djnach
I've had premium before. Not impressed at all, and it's even less useful these days when recruiting importance has been so greatly diminished by the OAD and the portal. Different strokes, I guess.
While I’m not a Premium member I do enjoy the free board. I think it’s a dick move on your part to denigrate the revenue generating boards which allow us to have the free boards.

Premium is worth it, very much so, IMHO.
So do you have any idea where Pete Nance is going? Any idea what schools he is visiting? Will he even take visits? Because I might check out premium on this site if answers to those questions are currently posted on the premium board.

So do you have any idea where Pete Nance is going? Any idea what schools he is visiting? Will he even take visits? Because I might check out premium on this site if answers to those questions are currently posted on the premium board.
Nope, I don't. But I enjoy the information I get there, especially from David Sick and Rob Jones. There are some insiders who are about as good as it gets on information. But yes, eventually all the information comes out elsewhere and if you are nonchalant about it all and willing to wait for things definitive, so be it. I also enjoy a lot of the articles written by various people. Oh, I failed to mention Jimmy Naismith's stats on teams over the years. I find it interesting. Well worth the money I spend. Worth is in the eye of the beholder. If one doesn't think it is worth it, don't do it.

For example, I don't find it worth it to engage Trolls! Like our hirsute friend above!

(FTR: Not directed at SDing!)

Even if premium answered these question I still would not pay for it. Only way to know for sure what a player will do is see who runs out of the tunnel for the first game. Still no guarantee he will stay the whole season.

In the immortal words of that much renowned scholar, Naruto:

"Your words cut deeper than any knife!"

Nah just people shaming others for not getting the premium site and staff pedalling THC gummies. Better off just googling it.
I'd much rather hear about THC gummies than listen to the endless bitching about premium

Come to think of it, your 2 cents isn't even worth that given you scoff at the idea of paying, then chastise the contents of the ads they use to support the site themselves.

Last edited:
Nah just people shaming others for not getting the premium site and staff pedalling THC gummies. Better off just googling it.

My advice to you would be to lay off talking about THC gummies. Might get some private messages to set you straight.

Join the Family Mr. Nance!

We'll make you famous!

BTW: whodathunk the Kansas game would be watched more than any of the puke games, but especially the FF one???!!!

Join the Family Mr. Nance!

We'll make you famous!

BTW: whodathunk the Kansas game would be watched more than any of the puke games, but especially the FF one???!!!

I read a couple of articles talking about how the NBA Finals was a dud this year. Maybe the matchup or champion was the reason. Some like to watch just to cheer against a team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT