ADVERTISEMENT

PJ Washington OV

I'm actually not trying to play the game of calling anyone out. Just trying to help clear the waters a bit which can sometimes be hard to do online.

Of course I'm supposed to promote premium, it's kind of my job. But some posters thought I was doing too much so I respectfully have slowed it down. Whether on Four Corners or here in THR, I'm glad to have all posters. There are some great posters on each side that contribute great information and thoughts for the sake of discussion.
You should never be slowing down on selling a product you believe in. Poster whines just respectfully move on to the next one.

Reactions: Bur-Heel
As far as UK getting the picks over us, people should pretty much always expect this. Until we consistently land top 20 players, analysts will always pick schools like UK or Dook ahead of us, whether there's evidence or not.

Let them make picks and hope to be pleasantly surprised.

While I appreciate the defense of myself and Clint, I'm perfectly fine with folks posting not only what they know but what they think. That's part of what makes this board so good. Some people enjoy what the THI staff brings to the table and others prefer to do their own leg work. No harm either way.
Personally Rob, I prefer both, as do many of the good posters here. And honestly, you guys don't need any defense. For one thing, I haven't seen anyone here "attacking" y'all, and second, you and Clint do excellent work, as many of us have acknowledged and appreciate.

The real problems on this board occur when a few posters act like someone who actually has independent sources is committing some kind of blasphemy... or feel the need to disparage Radar, which at least until recently, has a history of being a lively and sometimes informative board in and of itself.

I will say that even as a member of the staff, there are recruits that I don't have any contact/relationship with and the same with Clint (although it's rare for him). That being said, I do always find it incredible that some posters seem to have info on every single target on UNC's radar. That's a pretty difficult accomplishment and it's one that I'm envious of.
That seems to be "easy" for those here who worship at the altar of 24/7 and bring it over like it's gospel ;).

Seriously though, I pay attention to what you guys bring to us about UNC targets, and I also reach out to my little mafia of coaches and more often than not someone has some info, and fortunately that has been especially fruitful in recent years with the staff's focus on so many recruits that have ATL connections, either directly or thru AAU. I'm not gonna mention any names since you may know some of them, but I can tell you, Rob, that when the names of certain recruiting analysts come up in these conversations there are eye rolls. That is not the case with you and Clint. You guys have a good reputation and it is appreciated.

Well said Gary, but what Dave did could easily be seen as a slam on Clint & Rob. Just my opinion mind you but that is how I took it.

I'm right there with you when it comes to wanting to know what everybody is hearing! Bring it on! Of course some of it will not be true, we dealing with 16-17 year olds trying to figure out how to make adult decisions and many times being led astray by those seeking to use them for their own gain.

All info is greatly appreciated by this old Tar Heel. Doesn't mean I have to agree with it or believe it but I still want to hear it. :)

SSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO .................................. what's everybody got?:p

While I appreciate the defense of myself and Clint, I'm perfectly fine with folks posting not only what they know but what they think. That's part of what makes this board so good. Some people enjoy what the THI staff brings to the table and others prefer to do their own leg work. No harm either way.

I will say that even as a member of the staff, there are recruits that I don't have any contact/relationship with and the same with Clint (although it's rare for him). That being said, I do always find it incredible that some posters seem to have info on every single target on UNC's radar. That's a pretty difficult accomplishment and it's one that I'm envious of.

I read a poster say this weekend that now Ky is a big dawg in the recruitment for Knox but that they were not as big as UNC is. Now that may be true, IDK, but that was said by a poster as fact, not that posters opinion. I think you would agree Rob, that if a poster is going to drop a thing like that as a fact then they do seem to claim to have a direct connection to the kid. Now it would not surprise me at all if you or Clint did have such a connection but it was not attributed to you guys and even had it been it would have been opinion of the poster based on facts that you guys may have. I didn't argue what was said, only asked if it were the posters opinion or fact? Absolute truth is IDK where we stand with Knox, my opinion is counter to where most see us and I have spoken to why I hold that opinion. But just as with PJ, I offer and explain the why behind my opinion, I have never just said it and allow it not be backed up by any thought.

Rob, if I hold an opinion that disagrees with you or Clint, really, is there anything wrong with that? The fun I have is not so much being right or wrong, it is thinking thru this stuff and trying to add A + B and see what it equals. Don't both you and Clint enjoy the same thing, thinking thru this stuff? I am not trying to prove anyone right or wrong, even myself, I am just laying out my case that frames my own opinions. It matters professionally if you (Rob) or Clint are right or wrong, it does not matter to me, what matters to me is the enjoyment of trying to figure it out for myself and yeah, a pat on my back when I get it right. Didn't you enjoy the first time you solved Rubic's cube? LOL

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
I'm actually not trying to play the game of calling anyone out. Just trying to help clear the waters a bit which can sometimes be hard to do online.

Of course I'm supposed to promote premium, it's kind of my job. But some posters thought I was doing too much so I respectfully have slowed it down. Whether on Four Corners or here in THR, I'm glad to have all posters. There are some great posters on each side that contribute great information and thoughts for the sake of discussion.

You should feel free to promote 4C's as much and at anytime, heck I have agreed that the information on 4Cs is top shelf even if I elect for now not to have it. I have had 4Cs for a long while, I* shared most of why I do not now in my last post, I just want to try to figure this stuff out and not have that ability to piggy back on your work, it is my personal Rubic's cube. I have never shared anything here other than my respect for the job EVERY staff member of this site does, never been shy or hesitated to praise every member of the staff here!!!!!

You should feel free to promote 4C's as much and at anytime, heck I have agreed that the information on 4Cs is top shelf even if I elect for now not to have it. I have had 4Cs for a long while, I* shared most of why I do not now in my last post, I just want to try to figure this stuff out and not have that ability to piggy back on your work, it is my personal Rubic's cube. I have never shared anything here other than my respect for the job EVERY staff member of this site does, never been shy or hesitated to praise every member of the staff here!!!!!
Rubik's cube or does Rubic have one too?

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
Texas eliminated. Down to UNC, UK, Arizona.

I hate that those other 2 are most likely playing with a more loaded hand than we are.

I hate that those other 2 are most likely playing with a more loaded hand than we are.

Good to see, thought Texas was getting pretty full at the front court spots. 1 down now 2 to go...

Reactions: RoseHeel

I still feel pretty good about PJ. He and his family seemed to really enjoy their visit and he's just a perfect fit for UNC and our style of play. My gut feeling is that it will come down to UNC vs UK.

These past few seasons have taught me to not count out $ean Miller...even when he's not perceived as a factor.

Reactions: ACokeForRoy
I still feel pretty good about PJ. He and his family seemed to really enjoy their visit and he's just a perfect fit for UNC and our style of play. My gut feeling is that it will come down to UNC vs UK.

Well no need for me to re-state my opinion, pretty much well known by now. Clearly we have the position spot that will be wide open for him. But just as important I think it comes down to the coaching as you would expect from the son of a coach. I mean, who does he feel can best bring out more in his game, who can develop him for how ever long he stays in college.

I don't think the rep of being one & done U helps as much with PJ, I think PJ knows he could be one & done at any of his remaining schools, I think it is more who can make me a better player. I do think PJ expects one some level to be able to be one & done, just not sure that is what dominates his thinking. Some kids come in to programs and it is all about their being one & done and unfortunately we see some coaching staffs that pander to that mind set. But with PJ, as you would expect from a coaches son, I think he is more of the mindset that he will deal with the NBA option when it gets in front of him but until then he has other things he is more concerned with, similar IMO to what Joel berry's thinking is for this coming season.

Well no need for me to re-state my opinion, pretty much well known by now. Clearly we have the position spot that will be wide open for him. But just as important I think it comes down to the coaching as you would expect from the son of a coach. I mean, who does he feel can best bring out more in his game, who can develop him for how ever long he stays in college.

I don't think the rep of being one & done U helps as much with PJ, I think PJ knows he could be one & done at any of his remaining schools, I think it is more who can make me a better player. I do think PJ expects one some level to be able to be one & done, just not sure that is what dominates his thinking. Some kids come in to programs and it is all about their being one & done and unfortunately we see some coaching staffs that pander to that mind set. But with PJ, as you would expect from a coaches son, I think he is more of the mindset that he will deal with the NBA option when it gets in front of him but until then he has other things he is more concerned with, similar IMO to what Joel berry's thinking is for this coming season.

Ehhh, I think you're giving Mr. Washington a little too much credit there as being a coach's coach who just cares about who will make his son better. They've talked about the NBA and UK's track record with one and done's in interviews.

If it was truly about the "who can make me a better player", then UK and Arizona wouldn't be in the top 3. They have zero history when it comes to actually making players better. If anything, they regress at those 2 schools.

For real. With that interviewer you could see that coming.

Looks like PJ wants to go somewhere he thinks he can win a title during his short time in college... so out goes Texas.
That will eliminate Arizona also. I think it is down to UNC and Kentucky. Regretfully, Kentucky is the clear leader per our insiders.

That will eliminate Arizona also. I think it is down to UNC and Kentucky. Regretfully, Kentucky is the clear leader per our insiders.

Kids think Zona can win a title soon. They've brought in some monster classes lately and kids look at who is on the team first, not what they've done the past 10 years.

Reactions: gary-7
If he truly is making his decision in December/January, I think we got this...

Well... I'd like to think AZ would be out BUT I'm bringing this up because of something Paul Sr said a few weeks ago that AZ is specifically pitching that theyve been building for a natty... and it was very clear that emphasis made an impression. And its about that time that the TX chatter started to wane.

So, like you I think its a uk/UNC battle, but its also true that Miller has been recruiting his skeezy butt off, so I always worry about them.

Not gonna lie, felt my heart skip a beat when I first saw "PJ Washington cuts his list to 3" :confused:.

I'm glad to see he cut Texas, as they were perceived ahead of UK and UNC at one point. Given his timeframe, he would be committing around the same time as Vanderbilt, so it would be nice to snag at least one of them as a late Christmas present!

His face lit up like a christmas tree when talking about UK. now obviously the reporter was asking some leading questions to get that reaction, but still if we go by body language he was pretty giddy talking about them. We are in the final 3 so we def have a shot but between this video and what our insiders are saying its hard not to put UK well in front right now.

Brandon Randolph just committed to Arizona. just thought Id put it here since they are also in contention for PJ.

well hopefully Vanderbilt works out for us the same way as we just recently got in on him(relative to others). Things are getting interesting.

So much bickering on this thread I'm starting to see double!

That last posted interview certainly had a decided UK feel to me. I was feeling pretty positive about him until I saw it. Big head madness must be something special!

I find it quite interesting that recently we were considered in the lead for PJ, almost no shot at Knox, and not even in the conversation for Vanderbilt BUT NOW

We are tied for Knox, in good shape with Vanderbilt, and PJ is leaning toward the dark side!

Recruiting must make coaches old before their time!

Go Roy and close the deal!

The Vanderbilt uptick was the most surprising. I didn't think we had any shot or even interest with him a couple weeks ago.

Intrestingly, there's still a lot of questions regarding rosters as well as intertwined pieces in this class regarding decisions and how they could affect other commitments. For example, if Bamba commits to UK along with Nick Richards, would PJ want to jump in on that?

Arizona has a good amount of bodies already on board with guys like Markannen, Comanche and #1 Ayton. And Ira Lee has Arizona in the top 3, and possibly the favorite. That could definitely help us with Vanderbilt.

JMO.

So much bickering on this thread I'm starting to see double!

That last posted interview certainly had a decided UK feel to me. I was feeling pretty positive about him until I saw it. Big head madness must be something special!

I find it quite interesting that recently we were considered in the lead for PJ, almost no shot at Knox, and not even in the conversation for Vanderbilt BUT NOW

We are tied for Knox, in good shape with Vanderbilt, and PJ is leaning toward the dark side!

Recruiting must make coaches old before their time!

Go Roy and close the deal!
Amen to that pandering to teenagers is what drives coaches to retirement especially older ones

Kids think Zona can win a title soon. They've brought in some monster classes lately and kids look at who is on the team first, not what they've done the past 10 years.
But the "what have you done for me lately" still there Dadika13. ZERO with the talent that they have had!!!

I also don't understand the interest with Zona. They've landed recruiting classes that could rival UK's, yet can't even crack the Final Four.

I'd prefer not to jump into the $$$ accusations, but it's crazy that Arizona can continue to land droves of talent and do so little with it.

I also don't understand the interest with Zona. They've landed recruiting classes that could rival UK's, yet can't even crack the Final Four.

I'd prefer not to jump into the $$$ accusations, but it's crazy that Arizona can continue to land droves of talent and do so little with it.

I felt Lute was a hell of a coach, now he may have waded in to the mud at times but Lute developed players and teams. Arizona is a beautiful place and has a long standing reputation as a basketball power and both help attract players. But Miller may be able to get them in, just seems to waste a lot of talent, just seem to me to under achieve their talent levels. Does make you question how he is able to consistently get such solid talent and everything remain on the up & up.

Proximity could be a problem for us with zona, we are the furthest of the 3 but I don't get the sense that proximity is a huge factor for the kid, especially if things have not ignited with UNLV and I am hoping it stays that way.

Anyone know where Bamba is late nighting to?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT