Career highlights and awards
As head coach
As assistant coach
Head coaching record
Regular season:
105–58 (.644)
Postseason: 8–6 (.571)
Career: 113–64 (.638)

Any winning that the Steelers have done has been despite Tomlin, not because of him. Most Steeler fans I know can't stand him. And personally, I think he's an unlikable prick. His team has consistently underachieved in a garbage division.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
Any winning that the Steelers have done has been despite Tomlin, not because of him.
So you dig up a couple of articles off the web that paint Tomlin as overrated and you think your point is made? Do you even know what overrated means? It means falling short of expectations, and in this case very high expectations, year after year. And these seem to be writers considering only the most recent of seasons.

Most NFL coaches aren't afforded such high expectations. Say what you want but in his eleventh season with the same organization, Tomlin is one of only four current head coaches who can make such a claim. Only Belichick, McCarthy, and Arians have a higher winning percentage.

In ten seasons he hasn't had a losing record, and the job he did during the 2013-14 season with notoriously deficient talent was legendary.

I think your personal feelings about Tomlin, an "unlikeable prick" as you call him, is clouding your judgment.

A no-good coach . . . Ha!

Hey! I just realized that Kate Mara is part of the Rooney family, who have owned the Steelers since 1933.

The Rooney's seem like good folks.

Kate Mara sure is!
image_db6158f3b.jpg

So you dig up a couple of articles off the web that paint Tomlin as overrated and you think your point is made? Do you even know what overrated means? It means falling short of expectations, and in this case very high expectations, year after year. And these seem to be writers considering only the most recent of seasons.

Most NFL coaches aren't afforded such high expectations. Say what you want but in his eleventh season with the same organization, Tomlin is one of only four current head coaches who can make such a claim. Only Belichick, McCarthy, and Arians have a higher winning percentage.

In ten seasons he hasn't had a losing record, and the job he did during the 2013-14 season with notoriously deficient talent was legendary.

I think your personal feelings about Tomlin, an "unlikeable prick" as you call him, is clouding your judgment.

A no-good coach . . . Ha!

tl;dr

They're quite analogous situations; I'm a little confused by the attempt to hold Tebow up as some sort of drastic contrast to Kapernick (sp).

Indeed. A couple blowhards that are well known due to polarizing opinions that they loudly displayed, and both of them couldn't be NFL caliber QBs. Both get a lot of attention because they drive pageclicks and views. The only real difference between the two situations is that Kaeps is something the media wants to trumpet, whereas they couldn't really care less about Tebows causes. But the people themselves are very similar.

Truth be told, our own homeland hasn't been attacked, or occupied, since 1812.

This was the dumbest thing poasted in the thread, until the argument that Tomlin was a good coach came up. It has nothing to do with him wanting to to keep Villanueva in the locker room or tripping opposing players during a play (read: cheating) - it's just that several other coaches could have accomplished what he has and more with the talent and situation he's been given.

This was the dumbest thing poasted in the thread, until the argument that Tomlin was a good coach came up. It has nothing to do with him wanting to to keep Villanueva in the locker room or tripping opposing players during a play (read: cheating) - it's just that several other coaches could have accomplished what he has and more with the talent and situation he's been given.
Maybe there has been a homeland invasion since 1812 that I'm unaware of.

strummingram said:

Maybe there has been a homeland invasion since 1812 that I'm unaware of.

strummingram said:

I realize you've since clarified you meant foreign country's military - but I would say that ISIS, Al-Qaeda, Taliban, etc. all qualify. Maybe not the one-off shootings, but 9/11 was most certainly a foreign attack on our homeland. As was Pearl Harbor. Everyone is up in arms about Trumps response regarding Puerto Rico - and I realize the majority of that is the normal "look for anything to be offended about from Trump" crowd, but the rest feel that way because they consider P.R. to be American. Maybe not quite as American as a 57th state as certain Presidents might assert, but it's still in the same category as what Hawaii was at the time.

But again, your crown was taken by the Tomlin praise, so don't sweat it.

Reactions: nctransplant
The truth hurts, doesn't it?

I took the time to read all three of the articles you linked. I guess it boils down to intellect.

What it boils down to is I'm not interested in debating it with you because I don't give a f*ck about your opinion.

Maybe when they're done with that trivial garbage, they can move on to doing something to actually fix the problem.
Good point. These events all happen in a vacuum so there's no way somebody who's kneeling could also be donating their time or money to their communities.

Wait, hang on just a second. I'm getting an update.

** puts finger to ear **

I'm now hearing reports that players ARE actually able to do both things and so now I have to retract that really stupid thing I just said.

cnn is doing a forum now...unless you guys have deleted or blocked the channel, check it out.

nate boyer, good dude.

No thanks and no shock you're watching that crap.

and it's no shock you'd reply with the same condemnation you usually respond with.

it's a forum with multiple opinions...stop being an ass clown, for once.

and if you can't stop, i live in columbia, i can make it easy to find me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT