ADVERTISEMENT

Players taking a knee during The Song

I don't disagree with that and I'm not trying to hold Tebow up in any way. @coryfly said that no one mocked him. That's obviously incorrect and I was just letting him know that.

I don't think I said no one mocked him, though if I used those words I used it generically. I don't think I did, though am too lazy to look. The majority of people looked at his beliefs as a positive though. The rest is just a persecution complex from some.

He really wasn't. He was always spoken of highly in terms of his convictions and likability. He was almost always spoken of as a stand up guy partly because of his convictions. He was sometimes criticized because of his views (on abortion and stuff like that) and how vocal he was. It was never about being a Christian. Everyone who is vocal about almost anything is going to face some noise from one corner or another. If anything, the person he was helped him more than it hurt him.

Yeah, nobody mocked Tebow.....This is the first page..

About 194,000 results (0.92 seconds)

Search Results
Making Fun of Faith: Tim Tebow's Christianity Mocked by Minor ...
www.newsweek.com/tim-tebow-christianity-mocked-minor-league-team-627940
  1. Cached
Jun 21, 2017 - Some would say there's a lot to make fun of when it comes to Tim Tebow, the former NFL quarterback and current minor league baseball player in the New York Mets organization. ... The Charleston RiverDogs, a minor league affiliate of the New York Yankees, found this out the hard way.
Charleston's baseball team mocks Tim Tebow's faith during series ...
www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article157184169.html
Jun 20, 2017 - Tim Tebow was mocked relentlessly by the Charleston RiverDogs Class A minor league baseball team over the weekend. The team was ...
Tim Tebow stunts backfire as Charleston team mocks his faith
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/...tebow...mocks-his-faith/415214001/
  1. Cached
Jun 21, 2017 - Charleston RiverDogs general manager Dave Echols issued an apology to anyone offended by the team's promotional mocking of Columbia ...
Minor league baseball team apologizes for mocking Tim Tebow's faith ...
www.theblaze.com/.../minor-league-baseball-team-apologizes-for-mocking-tim-tebows-f...
Jun 22, 2017 - The general manager of the Charleston RiverDogs apologized after the minor league baseball team jokingly mocked Columbia Fireflies ...
In Tebow Debate, a Clash of Faith and Football - The New York Times
www.nytimes.com/2011/11/08/.../in-tebow-debate-a-clash-of-faith-and-football.html?...
  1. Similar
Nov 7, 2011 - The Broncos' Tim Tebow, whose faith and play have been in the ... Opponents mocked his celebration pose — kneeling, in prayer, which ...
Minor League Baseball Team Mocks Tim Tebow's Faith | Daily Wire
www.dailywire.com/.../minor-league-baseball-team-mocks-tim-tebows-faith-hank-ber...
  1. Cached
Jun 22, 2017 - You might think that now that Tim Tebow is through with the NFL, where some mocked him for his open display of Christianity, and playing ...
Lions players disrespected Tim Tebow's faith - ESPN.com
www.espn.com/espn/commentary/.../lions-players-disrespected-tim-tebow-faith
  1. Cached
Nov 1, 2011 - It's OK to ridicule Tim Tebow's ability to play quarterback in the NFL. Mocking Tebow's Christian beliefs is not.
Tim Tebow Was Just Ruthlessly Mocked For His Christian Faith By ...
https://www.sarahpalin.com/.../tim-tebow-just-ruthlessly-mocked-christian-faith-charle...
  1. Cached
Jun 22, 2017 - Minor league baseball team, the Charleston RiverDogs, has apologized after mercilessly mocking former NFL star Tim Tebow during his team's ...
Baseball Team Apologizes After Mercilessly Mocking Tim Tebow's ...
www.faithwire.com/.../baseball-team-apologizes-after-mercilessly-mocking-tim-tebow...
  1. Cached
Jun 22, 2017 - Baseball Team Apologizes After Mercilessly Mocking Tim Tebow's Faith While at Bat. Back in 2011: Tim Tebow prays before s game against ...

It got noticed, even though I'm sure not many know what the hell they are protesting. I guess negative publicity is still publicity.
You'll have to ask them.

I think it was done in such numbers this past week because of Trump telling his fans that NFL players they ought to be fired for doing what they do. That didn't play well with some of them.

It's always funny to me how Donald Trump has become some authority and spokesperson for how to be patriotic.

Lol why wouldn't we mock Tim Tebow? If you believe that a hippy rabbi getting nailed to a tree 2000 years ago means that you can live forever in paradise after you die, then you should be mocked. Calling an idiotic belief "faith" does not suddenly make it virtuous.

21767904_10155912492883689_4993926940433633740_n.png

What a complete POS.

Reactions: Heels Noir
In the end it is about respect. Respect for those who served, for those who gave all, for their families, for our flag, for our National Anthem, but most of all for our God!

Please see Romans 13:7 'respect to whom respect is due, Honor to whom Honor is due.'

Do you think God really hears and blesses the prayers of those kneeling in disrespect of our nation, our flag, those who served, gave all? 'There is no authority except from God'. Romans 13:1.

Do you think God really hears and blesses the prayers of those kneeling in disrespect of our nation, our flag, those who served, gave all?

God hears EVERYTHING. Do you only hear your children when they say "Thank You" or "I love you?" You hear them no matter what they say.

Reactions: nctransplant
but most of all for our God!
The national anthem and the flag have nothing to do with God.

Do you think God really hears and blesses the prayers of those kneeling in disrespect of our nation, our flag, those who served, gave all? 'There is no authority except from God'. Romans 13:1.
Should I quote for you the hundreds of parts in the bible that say love your neighbor, hate the sin not the person or any of the other parts that prove you don't have a clue?

Reactions: nctransplant
In the end it is about respect. Respect for those who served, for those who gave all, for their families, for our flag, for our National Anthem, but most of all for our God!

Please see Romans 13:7 'respect to whom respect is due, Honor to whom Honor is due.'

We don't have a god. This is a secular nation. You carelessly insult countless atheist veterans who have died to defend your freedom and the principles this nation was founded upon, like the separation of church and state, yet you have the audacity to talk about respect.

Do you really think your imaginary friend hears and blesses the prayers of anyone? Wouldn't that kinda defeat the point of him having a plan? Its a little bit arrogant to expect him to change his plan just for YOU.

If I was a good Christian, I'd pray for @strummingram and @uncboy10 and ask God to help them see the light. But I'm not a good Christian. I'm just a so-so Christian. So f*ck both of those guys. I hope they learn the hard way.

I'm sure you didn't understand I was saying he=God. You are an ornery fella aren't you?
Yeah, well... Who told you God has a penis?

I'm not ornery at all. If you started referring to God as "She", do you think your mental image of God would be the same as it is when you always say "He?"

I say, and THINK, God... without gender.

I'm not ornery at all. If you started referring to God as "She", do you think your mental image of God would be the same as it is when you always say "He?"

When I imagine God without a penis I imagine Lynda Carter in a Wonder Woman suit thank you.
You see things the way you want to and so do I.

Reactions: tarheel0910

I'm really hoping God is not a woman. The first time I meet God I don't want to be caught staring at a pair of boobs. That wouldn't help my chances of getting in.

When I imagine God without a penis I imagine Lynda Carter in a Wonder Woman suit thank you.
Thank you for proving my point. People need God to be a super-human parental figure that has a penis and listens to everyone murmuring to themselves and keeping order... like a monarch. The whole terminology is steeped in ancient monarchical references- Kingdom, King, Lord... etc..

It's archaic, really. But, so is organized religion. Religion is what people worship instead of God. God doesn't need worship. Need implies lack of something. God lacking anything is absurd to me.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
I'm really hoping God is not a woman. The first time I meet God I don't want to be caught staring at a pair of boobs. That wouldn't help my chances of getting in.
I think you're safe.

Religion created getting in or out of some place that they're not even sure what exactly it even is.

Thank you for proving my point. People need God to be a super-human parental figure that has a penis and listens to everyone murmuring to themselves and keeping order... like a monarch. The whole terminology is steeped in ancient monarchical references- Kingdom, King, Lord... etc..

It's archaic, really. But, so is organized religion. Religion is what people worship instead of God. God doesn't need worship. Need implies lack of something. God lacking anything is absurd to me.
You are one weird dude. On most OOTB topics you are like our very own G7.

Reactions: grillheel
You are one weird dude. On most OOTB topics you are like our very own G7.
Whatever "weird" is, fine by me.

It is pretty obvious that you've been taught, by your religion, that God is a "He." That's by design, of course. A patriarchal society needs for the "Main Patriarch" (aka God), to be male.

That's weird as hell to me. To take the notion of God (the Creator, the Source, the Origin, That Which Gives Life To, The Universe, etc.) be confined to a male-gender-specific super human monarch that "rules" over us.

God is EVERYTHING and ALL that is! The Bible even reveals that we are all God. Jesus made sure to inform the same message. All scriptural texts make reference to that. But, of course, the religions that grew up around them benefit much more by making you think that YOU and GOD are separated. And, the only way to get back to God is to follow their rules. It's pretty ingenious. Not to mention lucrative.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT