ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: My wife will be out of town this weekend....

What should I do during my temporary bachelorhood? (Select all that apply)

• Poop with the door open

• Two words: Bourbon CamelBak

• Kill a drifter

• Smoke something

• Binge watch movie franchises (LOTR, Godfather, Madea, etc.)

• Move to another house before she gets back

• FAP

• Eat from the four food groups: pizza, steak, wings, and bacon

• Pants optional

• I can't believe Rivals only allows 10 choices for polls

Results are only viewable after voting.

Raising Heel

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2008
A van down by the river
I still have to take care of a house full of pets, but otherwise I can do whatever I want.

Feel free to add suggestions (because I can't stop you).

[Edited to add:] Changed it so you can only pick 5. That's just too much for one weekend.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baby Debo
My wife usually takes kids and roadtrips back home to GA and NC for about a month every July. One year I watched at least two episodes of Gunsmoke every night while drinking Lone Star beer and eating Texas bbq or tacos. Also I'm free to smoke my cigars in my study...and febreeze the shit out of it before they get back.

This year I'm planning to go to every Astros home game while they're gone.

Reactions: Raising Heel
Oh wait- now I understand why you can't make the baseball game.

Maybe I can come to your house and leave the in-laws here with my wife and kids? (I jest- I actually really like my inlaws)

I would golf all day and have a few drinks at night. I would probably catch up on a few movies or shows as well. Not much else for me in that situation. I may have a few friends over just to hang out or something.

Oh wait- now I understand why you can't make the baseball game.

Maybe I can come to your house and leave the in-laws here with my wife and kids? (I jest- I actually really like my inlaws)
Come on down. I actually scheduled the baseball trip before my wife made her plans. We were going to get a pet sitter for the weekend, but I had other reasons for bailing. Well, if you change your mind the games are on TV and I have a fridge full of beer LOL.

I would golf all day and have a few drinks at night. I would probably catch up on a few movies or shows as well. Not much else for me in that situation. I may have a few friends over just to hang out or something.
That's probably what reality will look like, minus the golf. Might put the kayak in the lake and paddle around for a few hours though.

Where's the "cocaine and hookers" option? Not that I'd necessarily choose that one but it struck me as odd that it wasn't even a choice.

Reactions: Baby Debo
Does she have a cat? The last time my wife left town ours mysteriously disappeared. Other things that I do:

Drink in the shower.

Eat with my hands....the whole dishes thing is overrated and a lot of work.

Eat nothing but garbage with a high likelihood of contracting scurvy if her period of absence is in any way an extended one.

Complete living room size couch cushion fort.

Do at least one stupidly simple thing that I will be congratulated on (For example, set the self-cleaning cycle on the oven and announce that I cleaned the oven when she asks what i did while she was gone).

Basically I revert to college life, marital rules limited though.

Does she have a cat? The last time my wife left town ours mysteriously disappeared.
Right now I have four cats and four dogs at my house. You're right...she probably wouldn't miss one.

Drink in the shower.
It's called Shower Beer, and it's undefeated. ;)

Eat with my hands....the whole dishes thing is overrated and a lot of work.
Great point. Anything that's not take-out is going on the grill.

Do at least one stupidly simple thing that I will be congratulated on (For example, set the self-cleaning cycle on the oven and announce that I cleaned the oven when she asks what i did while she was gone).
That's pretty brilliant, and our oven is in need of a cleaning. Consider it done.

Reactions: JHVS
Last call for votes. I've already got the bourbon and CamelBak. Stayed tuned for drunken posts later.

Have to admit, I'm a little disappointed that "Kill a Drifter" and "FAP" are neck-and-neck. What is WRONG with you people?

I'll tell her to check in with you a couple times throughout the weekend.
7vzal287ni.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT