ADVERTISEMENT

Prayers for All Affected @ Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School

How has Trump's presidency influenced more violence than we've had the last 10 years?
Well... you know the answer to that. The suspect is displaying his MAGA hat. You know exactly how Trump's campaign, his attitudes and his administration has been a reflection of prejudice and fear. And, getting elected is an indication to the people that REALLY believe in those things that- now- they don't have to keep those prejudices on the down-low anymore. Now, it's accepted and welcomed.

Not every school shooter has the same motives or racial prejudices. But, from what the link gteeitup provided, this guy did have them.

Reactions: BillyL
I don't think Billy "hates Trump" as much as he's frustrated and bothered by the way the man's presence in our political and social discussions is, apparently, enabling these types of people to feel validated and, therefore, more likely to act-out their prejudices in violent ways.

Yep. It’s clearly a Trump thing. No mass shootings ever took place before Trump became President. Good call.

Reactions: nctransplant
It's a bit of both . . I despise this man, make no bones about it, Eddie.

I personally think he is a traitorous, treasonous **** . . and I 100% believe that Special Counsel Mueller will validate my thoughts.

Bannon invoked 'executive privilege' in today's congressional hearings, saying that the White House has asked him to do so.

LOL @ that BS.
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/2...e-privilege-in-effort-to-thwart-contempt-vote
Was this BS as well? Does it matter that an American was killed with one of the guns your Man was running to Mexico?

Reactions: GACMAN
Well... you know the answer to that. The suspect is displaying his MAGA hat. You know exactly how Trump's campaign, his attitudes and his administration has been a reflection of prejudice and fear. And, getting elected is an indication to the people that REALLY believe in those things that- now- they don't have to keep those prejudices on the down-low anymore. Now, it's accepted and welcomed.

Not every school shooter has the same motives or racial prejudices. But, from what the link gteeitup provided, this guy did have them.

So was everyone shot a minority? If not, your assumption would be pretty tough to prove.

Did this idiot target blacks, mexicans or what?

It's a bit of both . . I despise this man, make no bones about it, Eddie.

I personally think he is a traitorous, treasonous **** . . and I 100% believe that Special Counsel Mueller will validate my thoughts.

Bannon invoked 'executive privilege' in today's congressional hearings, saying that the White House has asked him to do so.

LOL @ that BS.
I definitely don't hate Donald Trump. I don't believe Mueller's investigation will produce much, if anything. The Democrats are just as complicit with dealing with Russians or whomever else is vital in getting what they want. It would incriminate both sides, I'm sure. They don't want that. But, as long as his investigation continues, there's the illusion that "Trump will get his." Kinda like what happened to UNC during their investigation.

I do agree that Trump's attitudes and some of the people he chose to ally himself with were the kind of people who do seem to have "white supremacy" on them. And, I believe that those people are feeling much more validated. I don't think that 99.9% of those people are going to shoot-up schools, however.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Yep. It’s clearly a Trump thing. No mass shootings ever took place before Trump became President. Good call.
The violent culture isn't a Trump thing. This particular guy was a Trump disciple... or he is at least advertising his merchandise. I never meant to imply that this just started yesterday. You knew that, too.

My point was had this kid been an illegal immigrait, then 45 would have jumped at the op to trash illegal immigrants, since the kid was a home-grown American, he can't do that . .

My point was had this kid been an illegalimmigrait, then 45 would have jumped at the op to trash illegal immigrants, since the kid was a home-grown American, he can't do that . .

I would trash him too if he was an illegal immigrant. Shouldn’t we all think like that since they broke the law?

I don’t understand what point you’re trying to make.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
The violent culture isn't a Trump thing. This particular guy was a Trump disciple... or he is at least advertising his merchandise. I never meant to imply that this just started yesterday. You knew that, too.

Was the violent culture of BLM an Obama thing?

They may have felt more empowered since there was a "black man in power", sure. I'm certain that SOME of them did.

So what I’m gathering is that it’s coincidence when a particular group feels empowered and engages in violent acts? Or you’re saying both Trump and Obama purposely empowered their small radical factions and encouraged them to be violent?

Don't be deliberately obtuse. You are the king of ridiculously flawed logic. I'm not making this argument, but if mass shootings got worse after Trump got elected, and he was the cause, then the fact that there were shootings before trump would not disprove that causal relationship that made them worse. It's about the relative change.

So what I’m gathering is that it’s coincidence when a particular group feels empowered and engages in violent acts? Or you’re saying both Trump and Obama purposely empowered their small radical factions and encouraged them to be violent?

The black panthers were around before Obama. So any radical black violence can't possibly have had anything to do with obama. Your logic, not mine.

Don't be deliberately obtuse. You are the king of ridiculously flawed logic. I'm not making this argument, but if mass shootings got worse after Trump got elected, and he was the cause, then the fact that there were shootings before trump would not disprove that causal relationship that made them worse. It's about the relative change.

The black panthers were around before Obama. So any radical black violence can't possibly have had anything to do with obama. Your logic, not mine.

And white nationalist have been around for years too. So we agree that Trump isn’t responsible. Cool. Glad you came around. I knew you’d eventually see it my way.

Please tell @BillyL hes bring irrational. Thanks.

And white nationalist have been around for years too. So we agree that Trump isn’t responsible. Cool. Glad you came around. I knew you’d eventually see it my way.

White nationalism was around before Trump, and his campaign brought it back out of the shadows.

Did Obama’s presidency bring back the black panthers renamed as BLM?

Some black radicals certainly came out of the shadows when they realized they had a black president. They were excited for the same reason that drove future Trump supporters crazy.

White nationalism is obviously a much bigger problem than black nationalism.

White nationalism is obviously a much bigger problem than black nationalism.

That’s debatable and subjective. But for the sake of argument, let’s say I agree. Does that make Trump’s mobilization of his radical faction worse than Obama’s mobilization of his radical faction. In other words, is Trump worse simply because there are more people in his group?

That’s debatable and subjective. But for the sake of argument, let’s say I agree. Does that make Trump’s mobilization of his radical faction worse than Obama’s mobilization of his radical faction. In other words, is Trump worse simply because there are more people in his group?

Trump is worse because it's a conscious part of his strategy. He built his platform around dogwhistling to racists and xenophobes. He refused to denounce white supremacists and even called them good people. Rants about a moronic wall and trying to deport over ten million brown people. He is deliberately trying to rule these people up because they are pretty much his entire base.

Obama denounced violence at every turn. The man was very careful with his words regardless of what you think of his politics.

Trump is worse because it's a conscious part of his strategy. He built his platform around dogwhistling to racists and xenophobes. He refused to denounce white supremacists and even called them good people. Rants about a moronic wall and trying to deport over ten million brown people. He is deliberately trying to rule these people up because they are pretty much his entire base.

Obama denounced violence at every turn. The man was very careful with his words regardless of what you think of his politics.

You obviously took part in the Trump campaign to know all that I assume. I mean how else would you know for a fact that Trump purposely catered to the radical right?

As far as Obama, no doubt he chose his words carefully. People that cautious often have far more to hide than those that speak their mind. BLM had dinner at the White House. Who knows how that meeting went.

I don't believe Donald Trump or Barack Obama wanted anyone to act-out violently against others at all.

I've stated this before; I don't believe Donald Trump, himself, is a racist. He's certainly not a racist as, say, someone like Byron De La Beckwith was a racist- absolutely not. Trump is a little different. Donald Trump believes he is superior to all people, not just black people. And, as a result, that smug superiority he exhibits resonates with people who believe they are superior based on race, or ethnicity. That's why people who are racists wind-up supporting Trump, in my opinion.

I don't believe Donald Trump is responsible for this shooting at all.

Reactions: tarheel0910
What's the latest on Rick Gates . . has anyone heard . . ?

TIA . .

WOW . . a wannabe good old boy Trumpkin that fell in with the White Supremacists and it corrupted, brainwashed and motivated his feeble little mind.

Wore a MAGA hat, a member of a white nationalist group, and a violent thug.

Who woulda thunk it . .

I saw something this morning saying he's an Antifa member and a registered democrat. No kidding. I wasn't going to bring it up in here but let me see if I can find it again.

EDIT to add....Ahhhhh...this explains it. I guess.

Note: The original version of this story cited the Miami Herald, which incorrectly identified the name of the shooter as “Nicholas de Jesus Cruz.” Both the Miami Herald and The Gateway Pundit have corrected their reports and now say the shooter is “Nikolas Cruz.” This means he is not the “registered Democrat” that was previously reported. This story has been corrected and updated to reflect these latest findings.

You obviously took part in the Trump campaign to know all that I assume. I mean how else would you know for a fact that Trump purposely catered to the radical right?

As far as Obama, no doubt he chose his words carefully. People that cautious often have far more to hide than those that speak their mind. BLM had dinner at the White House. Who knows how that meeting went.

Lol you mean that high profile projects of the BLM movement had dinner at the White House. It isn't some giant organization. It's an idea.

Or maybe he just understood the gravity of the office of the presidency, unlike the fukkin clown show in office now.

You guys have convinced me. Trump is the Antichrist. He caused WWII and the first space shuttle explosion. Pretty sure he started the Black Plague and has been smothering babies in the womb.

I can't wait to vote for him again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT