ADVERTISEMENT

Prayers for All Affected @ Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School

It appears he did have a lot of hate in his heart . .

From the article linked:

Nikolas Cruz, the 19-year-old who confessed to the school shooting at a Florida high school this week, reportedly expressed racist and violent views in a private (Instagram) chat group.

"I hate jews, ni**ers, immigrants,” Cruz reportedly wrote in the group, which he had named “Murica (American flag emoji) (eagle emoji) great.”

In the span of hundreds of messages, Cruz openly discussed killing people and specifically referred to killing Mexicans, Jews, gay people and black people, according to CNN. "Shoot them in the back of head,” he reportedly wrote in reference to gay people. He also espoused a disdain for white women, particularly if they were in interracial relationships.

One member of the group chat told CNN that Cruz “seemed nice but also had some mental issues." "All (I know) is that he likes guns and really hates liberals,” the member said.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...rly-expressed-violent-racist-views-in-private
How many mass murderers don't have hate in their heart?

Follow along, BL said earlier the FBI were very busy with trump. That was my point.

I think the FBI probably has enough agents to investigate Trump/Russia and a potential mass shooter at the same time. But I'm no expert...

The ones that do what I dislike. For example dropping the ball on this evil kid in Florida.

Serious question here. And I think an honest answer would probably do you and the rest of the trump supporters some good around here.

If Mueller were to find a smoking gun that left absolutely zero doubt that Trump had committed treasonous acts, would you turn on him?

I honestly don't believe many Trump supporters would change their opinion of him even if that happened. I'd like to think I'm wrong though.

From what I have seen so far, there isn't much to explain how they missed this kid in Florida.

I completely agree. I'm simply pointing out that it is ridiculous to suggest that the FBI is so short on resources that the Russia investigation had anything to do with them missing the kid in FL. Those are completely different departments. The people who work on those cases almost certainly don't even know each other unless its just a weird coincidence.

Serious question here. And I think an honest answer would probably do you and the rest of the trump supporters some good around here.

If Mueller were to find a smoking gun that left absolutely zero doubt that Trump had committed treasonous acts, would you turn on him?

I honestly don't believe many Trump supporters would change their opinion of him even if that happened. I'd like to think I'm wrong though.
One of the hardest things for a person to admit or allow has occurred is betrayal. People can adjust to a lot of things, but betrayal is a very high hurdle... almost too high for the ones with the most resolve and absolutely too high for those who really have little-to-no self identity. Basically, if they are attached to an ideology that does their thinking for them, then you can bet they will never turn on the betrayer.

When you see people referring to other people as "liberal" or "conservative", and they believe they are one or the other, themselves (all the time), then their self identity is attached to something beyond their control... it thinks for them.

I completely agree. I'm simply pointing out that it is ridiculous to suggest that the FBI is so short on resources that the Russia investigation had anything to do with them missing the kid in FL. Those are completely different departments. The people who work on those cases almost certainly don't even know each other unless its just a weird coincidence.
I really don't know.

To be frank, I'd prefer that we, as citizens, solve the killing spree thing without the FBI or CIA. It's not like those two organizations are something I put a great deal of trust in anyway.

I really don't know.

To be frank, I'd prefer that we, as citizens, solve the killing spree thing without the FBI or CIA. It's not like those two organizations are something I put a great deal of trust in anyway.

Solve is a relative term. You can't prevent psychopathy with any kind of social behavior. With a close enough analysis of children its fairly easy to predict which ones will become psychopaths, but the first thing we have to understand is that roughly 1% of the population is somewhere on the anti-social personality disorder spectrum. Maybe 1% of that 1% are far enough out to become a serial killer/mass murderer. And its not a "nurture" problem. There seems to be a strong genetic component to psychopathy, but similar to schizophrenia it then gets triggered by a precipitating event. So without some kind of major breakthrough in neuroscience or psychology we're always going to be facing the problem of psychopathy to some extent.

It seems to me that the only possible thing we can really do is make it as hard as possible for psychopaths to get access to weapons that allow them to murder people en masse. You should have to have a license to purchase and own a gun, period. The fact that someone would try to use the second amendment as an argument for why an 18 year old should be able to walk into Walmart and purchase an AR-15 is utterly absurd to me.

In this kid's case, he should've never been allowed to own a gun for the rest of his life based on the FBI investigations into him before the shooting.

One of the hardest things for a person to admit or allow has occurred is betrayal. People can adjust to a lot of things, but betrayal is a very high hurdle... almost too high for the ones with the most resolve and absolutely too high for those who really have little-to-no self identity. Basically, if they are attached to an ideology that does their thinking for them, then you can bet they will never turn on the betrayer.

When you see people referring to other people as "liberal" or "conservative", and they believe they are one or the other, themselves (all the time), then their self identity is attached to something beyond their control... it thinks for them.

You're exactly right about that. There have even been studies done to prove how hard it is for people to accept betrayal. People will get more angry with you if you point out how they're being betrayed, than they will the person actually betraying them.

Reactions: strummingram
You're exactly right about that. There have even been studies done to prove how hard it is for people to accept betrayal. People will get more angry with you if you point out how they're being betrayed, than they will the person actually betraying them.
I remember reading Haley's book "Malcolm X", and I think it's in the film, too. When it came to "The Honorable Elijah Mohamed", Malcolm was devastated when he realized that Mohamed had betrayed him. He even stated, specifically, that he could accept death, and would have died in Mohamed's place. He could conceive death, but not betrayal. They murdered him, but I wonder if he ever recovered from the betrayal before he was killed.

We're sort of hard-wired to prefer what we believe will bring us the LEAST amount of pain. Kind of a self-preservation mechanism.

Solve is a relative term. You can't prevent psychopathy with any kind of social behavior. With a close enough analysis of children its fairly easy to predict which ones will become psychopaths, but the first thing we have to understand is that roughly 1% of the population is somewhere on the anti-social personality disorder spectrum. Maybe 1% of that 1% are far enough out to become a serial killer/mass murderer. And its not a "nurture" problem. There seems to be a strong genetic component to psychopathy, but similar to schizophrenia it then gets triggered by a precipitating event. So without some kind of major breakthrough in neuroscience or psychology we're always going to be facing the problem of psychopathy to some extent.

It seems to me that the only possible thing we can really do is make it as hard as possible for psychopaths to get access to weapons that allow them to murder people en masse. You should have to have a license to purchase and own a gun, period. The fact that someone would try to use the second amendment as an argument for why an 18 year old should be able to walk into Walmart and purchase an AR-15 is utterly absurd to me.

In this kid's case, he should've never been allowed to own a gun for the rest of his life based on the FBI investigations into him before the shooting.
I've been torn about it. I know that the gins are just inanimate objects. The culture and people are the culprits of these tragedies.

I suppose, at this point, it's becoming really simple- LOWER THE BODY COUNT. If people are going to murder and slaughter, at least make it so they can do less damage. Or... keep your guns and invest in funeral homes.

there’s some thought that on april 20th, students across the nation are planning to walk out of schools unless current gun laws are addressed.

what they should do is remind their parents to vote and vote themselves when eligible.

Emma Gonzalez should be a National speaker for this walkout . . she is as powerful a communicator as I've ever seen. WOW

Reactions: gteeitup
agree, she’s been amazing.

all those kids are incredibly courageous and inspirational.

I have a feeling this will carry over for several months. I was in the laundry room doing stuff when she started to speak, my Lord . . I had to come see who this was and she is impressive . . what a leader, I sincerely hope she will run for office one day and soon.

The pink & blue wave is getting stronger by the day . .

Reactions: gteeitup
there’s some thought that on april 20th, students across the nation are planning to walk out of schools unless current gun laws are addressed.

what they should do is remind their parents to vote and vote themselves when eligible.
I think it's coming for sure now.

I don't think the NRA has enough money to buy dead children.

I think it's coming for sure now.

I don't think the NRA has enough money to buy dead children.

I dunno, Eddie . . the NRA has some seriously deep pockets.

How far and for how long these youngsters stay energized and determined is unknown . . I'm hoping.

meanwhile, laura ingrahm...i’m getting back to b-ball, but what a bitch...someone that brags about adhering to the constitution, shouldn’t lose sight of the 1st amendment.

I dunno, Eddie . . the NRA has some seriously deep pockets.

How far and for how long these youngsters stay energized and determined is unknown . . I'm hoping.
The parents, too. Any of the survivors.

That video that @gteeitup shared blew me away. I even started a thread on the Iowa board with that video! We can find a way (ways) to, at the very least, lower the frequency of this kind of thing. I know that we can. We are at our best when things are at their worst. It's just sad that tragedies and dire situations get politicized because that impedes the correction.

meanwhile, laura ingrahm...i’m getting back to b-ball, but what a bitch...someone that brags about adhering to the constitution, shouldn’t lose sight of the 1st amendment.

She’s not telling LeBron he can’t speak out. She’s suggesting he shouldn’t because he’s just another clueless athlete whose opinion she thinks is shit. But I don’t think she was telling him he can’t have an opinion.

I’m so glad Jordan never felt the need to take on social issues. The fact that he never did is what will keep his legacy in tact.

Reactions: Littlejon
She’s not telling LeBron he can’t speak out. She’s suggesting he shouldn’t because he’s just another clueless athlete whose opinion she thinks is shit. But I don’t think she was telling him he can’t have an opinion.
She said, "Keep the political commentary to yourself." That's literally her telling LeBron he can't speak out.

ETA: I don't understand why people haven't learned to blow this stuff off. Same with the same crap said on any other news network's opinion forums. The intent is to get a reaction so that people are talking about it, which is exactly what she accomplished. Fish in a barrel.

She said, "Keep the political commentary to yourself." That's literally her telling LeBron he can't speak out.

ETA: I don't understand why people haven't learned to blow this stuff off. Same with the same crap said on any other news network's opinion forums. The intent is to get a reaction so that people are talking about it, which is exactly what she accomplished. Fish in a barrel.
giphy.gif

What really infuriates me is how some rw’ers will stoop so low as to accuse these kids of being “crisis actors” and the shootings “false flags” to create public support for gun control. Despite how time after time after time these claims always get debunked. Some friends of mine on fb who i knew were cons but i felt were reasonable people have been posting that bullshit. You gotta be a real fpos to claim that.

this one dude, who i don’t even know, responded; “i’d catch a charge if kids acted around me like they do.”

wtf kind of mentality is that?

Reactions: heelmanwilm
What really infuriates me is how some rw’ers will stoop so low as to accuse these kids of being “crisis actors” and the shootings “false flags” to create public support for gun control. Despite how time after time after time these claims always get debunked. Some friends of mine on fb who i knew were cons but i felt were reasonable people have been posting that bullshit. You gotta be a real fpos to claim that.
Just a simple question because I understand where you all are coming from here, not trying to start a fight. Do you feel the same way when the lfw'ers in this particular shooting say Trump has blood on his hands?

Reactions: Littlejon
Just a simple question because I understand where you all are coming from here, not trying to start a fight. Do you feel the same way when the lfw'ers in this particular shooting say Trump has blood on his hands?

Yepp. I feel blaming trump or the nra is idiotic. It is our fault we have a gun culture and it is our fault we elect politicians that support it and its our fault we havent done anything about it. The blood’s on our hands. And i’m as guilty as anyone. I rent and attend movies where hundreds are gunned down, i let my son play video games where hundreds are murdered by guns, and i’ve supported politicians whom i have no doubt would support being able to own fully auto weapons. Gun violence is accepted and glorified here and that was the case way before trump.

Right now in America there are Republicans who received millions of dollars from the NRA accusing CHILDREN who survived a massacre of being PAID to speak out on guns.

Let that sink in . .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT