ADVERTISEMENT

Quick stuff (Clemson game)

Pitt will bully our guards-Nope!
Clemson will bully our bigs-Nope!
Clemson is the best team in the ACC-Nope!
UNC can't win grinders-Nope!
Hubs will revert to the Iron 5-Nope!
Coach isn't coaching the guys hard-Nope!
Refs called a good game-Nope!
Corey A called a balanced game-Nope!

Bacot stoned POY frontrunner-Yep!
3-0-Yep!
Top 10-Yep!
4 Quad 1-Yep!
Coaching adjustments win games-Yep!
UNC playing multiple D-Yep!
UNC D winning games-Yep!
Win with 7 FTs; RJ under 15; low scoring; at Top 20 ACC team; EC in foul trouble; Ingram off kilter; against another coach considered for ACC coach of the year; after not scoring for the 1st third of the game-Yep!

GDTBATH-Yep!

Last edited:
Well, as for missed post entries, there were a few in which Mando had his guy pinned deep with no help in the second half and yes, our guys missed him, and Hubert was jumping up and down on the sideline about it, so I don't blame either one of them, as I too was hollering "get it to him!" from about 150 miles south of Clemson ;)...
I was screaming several times and then realized HD was doing the same thing.
I think it is a combination of knowing what Mando is going to do and throwing him open.

Post passes are the basketball version of the “out route”. You have to know it is coming and throw it as it happens… we tend to wait and throw it after it happens — that = an interception in football and basketball

It’s probably note worthy that there wasn’t much tape on him from the last couple years. He came out guns blazin and posting up guys with backing them down. Words out and he’s been scouted. You can see guys coming to help more and more. I think he’ll be fine and like you said he’s definitely helping in other ways.
To comment on Ingram. His initial play had made us harder to guard, as having a guy who can iso gave us an Adrian Dantley dimension (for those who remember) taking advantage of his wide body.

As you correctly say, this has been scouted, so... what now?
Basically: Adjust back.
One of the things I'm seeing is he is posting a little too early (or too far out) which makes it easier to defend, and a couple of times even killing a transition possession.

Iso posts are fine at the right time. If y'all remember, even Roy allowed McCants to post guys in baseline isos (dude was unstoppable even by taller guys) but it was more timely. Like those, I'd like to see Ingram's post-ups come after a designed back-side reversal (to help clear traffic) or with some defined off-ball motion.

Ingram's success on isos comes when he can make that big step into the middle paint, which is why teams are doubling from above.

Last edited:
I was screaming several times and then realized HD was doing the same thing.
I think it is a combination of knowing what Mando is going to do and throwing him open.

Post passes are the basketball version of the “out route”. You have to know it is coming and throw it as it happens… we tend to wait and throw it after it happens — that = an interception in football and basketball
And I'll tell ya something else, this goes back to the value of keeping EC on the floor. There were three times I can remember just in that game in which my bud and I were saying "Cadeau makes that pass".

Goodman washed Bacot and Carolina balls big time in the Field of 64 podcast on Sat after the game. He said Bacot was one of his absolute favorite players...
GMAB .. Bacot aint all that but the UNC team .. and I did say TEAM is finding ways to win and that is a very good thing. And I will give some love to Hubs and the coaching staff too.

Well TL;DR to you to, what ever the heck that means?
Dave it was a joke. You’re one of my favorites here. I just thought someone hacked your keyboard - with the length of your poast compared to usual. TLDR means - too long didn’t read

always enjoy your insights.

• Haha
Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Dave it was a joke. You’re one of my favorites here. I just thought someone hacked your keyboard - with the length of your poast compared to usual. TLDR means - too long didn’t read

always enjoy your insights.
Hey, no problem, just didn't know what it meant.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT