ADVERTISEMENT

Radar Offer Board--Updated 4/27/20

I think Roy has backed off Kennedy Chandler due to him making it public of being contacted by the G-League. Thus, the offer to Hunter Sallis. Just my opinion, no sources.

Reactions: Archer2
G-League or not UNC not his top 3 Tennessee Duke UK

Lol at backed off

Well, he did say top 6 will be released tomorrow. Sometimes kids list UNC just because of the name. If you can find a link "quoting" Chandler that those schools are his top 3 shoot it over....:)

Reactions: HeelFan58
Finally, NCAA will allow athletes to make money from endorsements
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/finall...s-to-make-money-on-their-names-142306697.html

This explains to some extent how it will work.

We know players like Caleb Love could make a killing.

What about a player like Puff? As an example, I can see a non-OAD player like Puff setting up shop at a different car dealerships at $500-$1,000 a pop signing autograph pictures for a few hours. The dealerships pay him a set fee.

Who knows, this rule my be positive keeping borderline players around for another year or two. Heck, if a player can make 50-100k in a given year, you never know, especially during the summer.

IMO this is crap. Going to be a huge mess and new ways of cheating. Sure kid I’ll buy your merchandise. Here you go here’s 50,000 for a signed... whatever. Can’t police it all. Call me old fashion, but dang it, stay off my porch!

Reactions: TheGLOV and RHFD
IMO this is crap. Going to be a huge mess and new ways of cheating. Sure kid I’ll buy your merchandise. Here you go here’s 50,000 for a signed... whatever. Can’t police it all. Call me old fashion, but dang it, stay off my porch!

Good point. I think a better way to handle it is the business pays the player a set fee for an appearance and the the player signs everything for free.

I agree that there will be some abuse.

You can't avoid doing what is right because someone might take advantage of it! There is nothing more American than owning the rights to your own likeness! This is a no brainer and should have been done years ago! The NCAA will have to police it and do the best they can. They will have more time to do this if they stay out of academics and pull their heads out of their arses!

He is no Ralph Sampson, but Ralph was a stick when he entered the ACC, during a more physical era, with many more 3 and 4 year star players sticking around.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Finally, NCAA will allow athletes to make money from endorsements
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/finall...s-to-make-money-on-their-names-142306697.html

This explains to some extent how it will work.

We know players like Caleb Love could make a killing.

What about a player like Puff? As an example, I can see a non-OAD player like Puff setting up shop at a different car dealerships at $500-$1,000 a pop signing autograph pictures for a few hours. The dealerships pay him a set fee.

Who knows, this rule my be positive keeping borderline players around for another year or two. Heck, if a player can make 50-100k in a given year, you never know, especially during the summer.
I wonder if this favors kids at better schools? Or schools with more rabid fan bases.

Suppose a kid ranked #50-100 narrows his choices down to a decent mid major or a blue blood like UNC or Duke. Would he do better income-wise if he picks UNC or Duke?

Or even within the ACC. Would he be better off picking Notre Dame or Clemson if the ability to benefit from marketing his name or likeness matters to him?

I mean if he turns out to be a star at the lesser school vs the 8th man at UNC, then picking the lesser school probably pays off. But we're talking about a time period when nobody knows if he will be a star or a bencher.

I guess we'll find out over the next few years. Plus, I imagine we'll see some creative ways to benefit from this ruling that we haven't thought of yet..

I don't imagine this will matter a whole lot to many kids, but it might matter to some.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS and Steat
2021 (8 offers)
Paolo Banchero OFFERED 7/14/19 --Eliminated UNC 4/29/20
Patrick Baldwin OFFERED 7/16/19
Kennedy Chandler OFFERED 11/24/19
Chet Holmgren OFFERED 1/19/20
Harrison Ingram OFFERED 2/16/20
Trevor Keels OFFERED 1/21/20
Dontrez Styles OFFERED 3/23/20 Committed 4/18/20
Hunter Salis OFFERED 4/27/20

I wonder if this favors kids at better schools? Or schools with more rabid fan bases.

Suppose a kid ranked #50-100 narrows his choices down to a decent mid major or a blue blood like UNC or Duke. Would he do better income-wise if he picks UNC or Duke?

Or even within the ACC. Would he be better off picking Notre Dame or Clemson if the ability to benefit from marketing his name or likeness matters to him?

I mean if he turns out to be a star at the lesser school vs the 8th man at UNC, then picking the lesser school probably pays off. But we're talking about a time period when nobody knows if he will be a star or a bencher.

I guess we'll find out over the next few years. Plus, I imagine we'll see some creative ways to benefit from this ruling that we haven't thought of yet..

I don't imagine this will matter a whole lot to many kids, but it might matter to some.

Good points!

Watched a few Chet Holmgren clips. Not a fan. Dude is rail thin. Doesn't appear to have much toughness. The rigors of the ACC will chew him up and spit him out.

It was only offense highlights ?

Holmgren is elite defender and rim protector tough player far from finesse

The size of the market they are in will probably have more of an impact. This could help the NY and CA schools a lot.

We would be smart to hover in the 15-75 range for our recruiting targets. Above 15 and you are looking at a bunch of OADs which hurt our roster going forward, G league, and the OAD revolving school competition.

Unless we plan to become a revolving door also, I think it is smarter to target in that range. If they do great enough to be OAD, great. If not they can be multi year anchors.

I’m setting up an eBay account where you can all purchase my autograph as well as some important memorabilia of mine such as some old report cards, photos of my wedding, and a mix tape of me trying to dunk on a 7 foot rim against 2 second graders.
Please have your credit card registered with PayPal as I will not accept anything else.

This might prove to be my ticket to the big time.

Coby is faster, but Sallis has a higher verticle leap. Would love for this kid to spurt up 2-3 more inches to around 6-7 or 6-8. Stick him on the wing.

2021 (8 offers)

Could you please change the color of those committed to UNC to Carolina-blue sir?

Thank you!

RED is such an NC St. type of color you see!

:)

2021 (8 offers)

Could you please change the color of those committed to UNC to Carolina-blue sir?

Thank you!

RED is such an NC St. type of color you see!

:)

Rivals Corey's Evans quote in a recent article sums it up for me:

"at this time last year, there was just nine commitments from members of the 2020 class. Today, there are 37 from the 2021 class and that number could grow"

COVID is causing a sense of urgency. Also, recruiting advantages are limited.

Zoom is the best tool at the moment and it appears Sir RoySirlot is pretty good at it. Also, Zoom does not have all required features to prevent outsiders from spying on conversations, possibly preventing the cheaters from offering incentives in those Zoom conversations, etc.

Would love to see Sallis pop soon for the good guys.

COVID is causing a sense of urgency. Also, recruiting advantages are limited.

Also, Zoom does not have all required features to prevent outsiders from spying on conversations, possibly preventing the cheaters from offering incentives in those Zoom conversations, etc.
Had lunch 2 weeks ago with a college football coach(Mid-major).
I said to him, "One good thing about this pandemic is it puts everybody on a level playing field with recruiting".
His response...:D:D:D:D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT