ADVERTISEMENT

Refugee Ban

my favorite..... class act, he is.
16195350_10104163643701532_1985833899655402490_n.jpg

Ah yes, I can see right there that his foreign policy is terrible as a result of that comment.

Class act? Not really. Does that impact his ability to do a good job as president? Nope.

I do not watch ANY of those news channels, but thanks. I hope he does not do this but if he does, then what?

Not sure what you want me to say...I am 100% convinced this will not happen. You're asking me to play the "what if?" game and that's just not going to generate a very intelligent conversation.

I think there is a higher likelihood of him moving towards "rounding up"illegal immigrants who have criminal records, and that I have no problem with.

Understood. Does him being a misogynist mean his policy is bad?
What part of what he said would NOT bother you if it was said to the woman you love or your daughter/sister/mother??? Character says a LOT about a person. SOME of you guys nit-picked every damn thing Obama said and he did not come close to being as bad in character as Trump.

You guys can excuse it away all day long but had Obama said these very same things, you'd be singing a different tune.

Bi do have a prob with people being delayed who have current visas and have lived here without incident for years.
That's really my only issue with this. IMO, resident aliens who have done what they are legally required to do in order to live in this country shouldn't have been included in this thing. Now that the courts have stepped in it looks like they aren't going to be included.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
That's really my only issue with this. IMO, resident aliens who have done what they are legally required to do in order to live in this country shouldn't have been included in this thing. Now that the courts have stepped in it looks like they aren't going to be included.

What was all that mess last night about Trump firing the sitting Attorney General over not allowing this crap to continue until later or something.... I have not watched the news and refuse to but did see something about it scrolling through facebook.

What part of what he said would NOT bother you if it was said to the woman you love or your daughter/sister/mother??? Character says a LOT about a person. SOME of you guys nit-picked every damn thing Obama said and he did not come close to being as bad in character as Trump.

You guys can excuse it away all day long but had Obama said these very same things, you'd be singing a different tune.

Oh, I would definitely be upset if he talked that way about women I care about. And character does say a lot about a person, but it doesn't address their ability to enact good policy. I have some friends who are 1000x better people than Trump, they would never insult anyone, love all people, etc. - but would I want them enacting policy for the country? Hell no, they'd be terrible at that.

If Obama said things like that, you're right - I may have attacked his character a little bit, because we know it wouldn't have been beaten to death by the media as it has with Trump. But regardless, I wouldn't say that him saying things like that are what makes Obamacare suck. Obamacare sucks on its on merits, regardless of the character of the person who signed it into law.

Oh, I would definitely be upset if he talked that way about women I care about. And character does say a lot about a person, but it doesn't address their ability to enact good policy. I have some friends who are 1000x better people than Trump, they would never insult anyone, love all people, etc. - but would I want them enacting policy for the country? Hell no, they'd be terrible at that.

If Obama said things like that, you're right - I may have attacked his character a little bit, because we know it wouldn't have been beaten to death by the media as it has with Trump. But regardless, I wouldn't say that him saying things like that are what makes Obamacare suck. Obamacare sucks on its on merits, regardless of the character of the person who signed it into law.

I think Obama never would have been elected if he spoke the way Trump has. Never, ever would have happened.

What was all that mess last night about Trump firing the sitting Attorney General over not allowing this crap to continue until later or something.... I have not watched the news and refuse to but did see something about it scrolling through facebook.
She sent out a memo saying she wouldn't enforce it or something like that. Didn't really make much sense to me because she doesn't have the power to stop the enforcement. Maybe she was talking about defending it in court?

Understood. Does him being a misogynist mean his policy is bad?
She was asked to cite an example of his misogyny. She gave it.

No, him being a misogynist doesn't necessarily affect his ability to form other policies.

I'm sure some rapists make great policemen, too... until they get caught raping someone. But, who knows, they may have been really good at poker and had great taste in music as well.

First of all, he never said anything to women. It was about women in a private conversation. And here's a newsflash, every man you know - including your dad, your new boyfriend and your precious strum - has made comments that if aired publicly, would offend someone. And here's another newsflash for you, guys have said similar things about my wife, about your mom and about daughters all around the world. You can't be so naive.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010

No, him being a misogynist doesn't necessarily affect his ability to form other policies.

I'm sure some rapists make great policemen, too... until they get caught raping someone. But, who knows, they may have been really good at poker and had great taste in music as well.

Rape is a crime though. Talking about how women let you do certain things to them (presumably because you're rich) isn't, last I checked.

Rape is a crime though. Talking about how women let you do certain things to them (presumably because you're rich) isn't, last I checked.
No, talking about how you might enjoy molesting a woman is not defined as a "crime", I agree. So?

If a guy rapes women his whole life, but never gets caught, and serves as a mayor or president or any other prominent office, is that good or bad to you? It doesn't necessarily affect his ability to allocate funds, delegate authority and solve municipal problems.

No, talking about how you might enjoy molesting a woman is not defined as a "crime", I agree. So?

If a guy rapes women his whole life, but never gets caught, and serves as a mayor or president or any other prominent office, is that good or bad to you? It doesn't necessarily affect his ability to allocate funds, delegate authority and solve municipal problems.

Your trap is t going to work on anyone because you're equating a heinous crime with distasteful comments.

First of all, he never said anything to women. It was about women in a private conversation. And here's a newsflash, every man you know - including your dad, your new boyfriend and your precious strum - has made comments that if aired publicly, would offend someone. And here's another newsflash for you, guys have said similar things about my wife, about your mom and about daughters all around the world. You can't be so naive.
Oh, goody! So, let's validate it and reward all of those times ,and the instinct in general, by acting like "meh, no big deal. We've all wanted to get laid. I bet he'd still make a good president because he said he 'loves America' a lot!"

Last edited:

or some rapist make good presidents--see clinton.

i think most people are just tired of people acting like this flawed dude is the first flawed dude we have had in the white house. if you don't like him just have the courage to say i don' t like him period and i will do everything i can do to make sure he fails. just quit hiding behind this false pretense that your concerned about the muslims, the women, the environment, etc.

Reactions: heelbent
Your trap is t going to work on anyone because you're equating a heinous crime with distasteful comments.
That's because they go together. If you can think it, you can do it. I'm not "equating" them. I'm showing you that they go together.

ETA... there was no trap laid unless you're afraid of getting caught in one.

Last edited:
or some rapist make good presidents--see clinton.

i think most people are just tired of people acting like this flawed dude is the first flawed dude we have had in the white house. if you don't like him just have the courage to say i don' t like him period and i will do everything i can do to make sure he fails. just quit hiding behind this false pretense that your concerned about the muslims, the women, the environment, etc.

So, because a person is bothered by the litany of things his behavior contributes to, and manifests, then they aren't really bothered by those... what it REALLY is, is they just "don't like him." Well, those things are exactly what makes him unlikable. He may be a great dancer and may have a really cool classic car collection. He's shown what a shit-heel he can be toward other human beings. It's hard to overlook those things. But, hey... if we have all been shitty toward other people, let's enable those instincts and reward them and have them continue on in the leader of the country.

Hell, I have made comments that if aired publicly would offend everyone I know but I wouldn't run for President even IF I were qualified because of the offensive comments I've made and knowing they'd come out.

I believe the office he is holding now deserves men and women of good character but I know that rarely happens and now that he's in there it likely will never happen again.

Hell, I have made comments that if aired publicly would offend everyone I know but I wouldn't run for President even IF I were qualified because of the offensive comments I've made and knowing they'd come out.

I believe the office he is holding now deserves men and women of good character but I know that rarely happens and now that he's in there it likely will never happen again.
The more you can identify, and actually make those comments, the less you are likely to be offended by them. That's why it doesn't bother so many of these guys. No harm in wanting to grab a woman by the pussy, right?

Did you read what I put above that meme, dipwad????? Obviously not.

A rapist has committed a crime (whether or not he was caught). I don't think a criminal (convicted or not) is someone that is good to have in office.

But this seems unrelated, unless you're insinuating that Trump has raped women his whole life but hasn't been caught?

A rapist has committed a crime (whether or not he was caught). I don't think a criminal (convicted or not) is someone that is good to have in office.

But this seems unrelated, unless you're insinuating that Trump has raped women his whole life but hasn't been caught?
Well he has been accused but there's no telling if that's true or not. I wouldn't be shocked to find out it is true though.

Do you think Bill Clinton was a rapist (as was alluded to by plm above)? Would you be surprised if you found out he had? Would you be shocked to find out Trump had? I'm not sure you possibly could, but, then again, if Trump said he believed there was an Easter Bunny, you guys would try to find the eggs. Trump has been accused of rape.

And, I doubt there's any former president that has been in court as much as Donald Trump. That speaks to his character on some level.

Being "convicted of crimes" doesn't always equal criminal or not, from what I have seen. Plenty of criminals buy their way to a "not guilty" verdict. And, they're helped-along by people who excuse and diminish what they've done so they can benefit from it.

It's interesting to me how emphatically you guys love to defend the behavior that you KNOW the man has actually perpetrated! And, knowing that, you go even further by trying to arbitrate against the things he's probably done because you've already condoned what he has done, and those are pretty unsavory things by themselves. You chalk-it-up to excuses like "Well, I've said I wanted to fvck a girl before." No shit, really? Do you think it's a good idea to continue to have such attitudes and preferences that demean and diminish the female presence in society? I guess so because Trump says he will "Make America Great Again"... whatever the hell that means. With his track record, it could mean, "Every Monday is Pussy-Grabbing Day!" It's not like he only said that when he was 17. He said it when he was 65!

I'm not sure you possibly could, but, then again, if Trump said he believed there was an Easter Bunny, you guys would try to find the eggs.

And if Trump said he thought the world was round, "you guys" would try to prove it was flat. (and that Trump was fat shaming by calling it round)

It's interesting to me how emphatically you guys love to defend the behavior that you KNOW the man has actually perpetrated! And, knowing that, you go even further by trying to arbitrate against the things he's probably done because you've already condoned what he has done, and those are pretty unsavory things by themselves. You chalk-it-up to excuses like "Well, I've said I wanted to fvck a girl before." No shit, really? Do you think it's a good idea to continue to have such attitudes and preferences that demean and diminish the female presence in society? I guess so because Trump says he will "Make America Great Again"... whatever the hell that means. With his track record, it could mean, "Every Monday is Pussy-Grabbing Day!" It's not like he only said that when he was 17. He said it when he was 65!

Again, I've never said that Trump's character or what he has said in regards to women is something to model oneself after. But I just don't understand the notion that because he's made some of those comments, that the rest of his policies (such as the ban that is the topic of this thread) are as a result flawed.

And if Trump said he thought the world was round, "you guys" would try to prove it was flat. (and that Trump was fat shaming by calling it round)

Again, I've never said that Trump's character or what he has said in regards to women is something to model oneself after. But I just don't understand the notion that because he's made some of those comments, that the rest of his policies (such as the ban that is the topic of this thread) are as a result flawed.
We've already been through this. His behavior, track record, resume as an individual don't automatically mean he's unfit or unqualified, or that his policies are automatically flawed. But, you've already admitted that if someone has "been found guilty" of things he's been accused of, then they probably don't belong in his office. The guy just had rape charges against him dropped last month. I realize he's not "guilty" of it, but it doesn't look very good to have a president who has had rape charges... along with the laundry list of other indiscretions he is guilty of doing. His credibility is going to be lacking. And, that will call into question virtually everything he does. But, enjoy defending him for 4 years.

So, because a person is bothered by the litany of things his behavior contributes to, and manifests, then they aren't really bothered by those... what it REALLY is, is they just "don't like him." Well, those things are exactly what makes him unlikable. He may be a great dancer and may have a really cool classic car collection. He's shown what a shit-heel he can be toward other human beings. It's hard to overlook those things. But, hey... if we have all been shitty toward other people, let's enable those instincts and reward them and have them continue on in the leader of the country.

no what i mean is that you are someone who presents himself as if he doesn't have a dog in the fight and can make all of these moral judgments due to your neutrality. when the truth is you are a liberal and will never like anything this president will do and will do your best to keep him from succeeding. the reason you have to keep this scam going is in the past you have keep quite about all the other similar issues you are now bitching about because they were done by a democrat. also, you have consistently berated conservatives for playing the same game you are now playing. i don't care that you don't like the guy and want him to fail, hey just have to balls to actually say that's what you are about.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
no what i mean is that you are someone who presents himself as if he doesn't have a dog in the fight and can make all of these moral judgments due to your neutrality. when the truth is you are a liberal and will never like anything this president will do and will do your best to keep him from succeeding. the reason you have to keep this scam going is in the past you have keep quite about all the other similar issues you are now bitching about because they were done by a democrat. also, you have consistently berated conservatives for playing the same game you are now playing. i don't care that you don't like the guy and want him to fail, hey just have to balls to actually say that's what you are about.
I don't want anyone to "fail." I do not like what he has said, done and how he carries himself. His vulnerability of ego is dangerous. His Twitter feed alone proves that. It's like having a rich, entitled, 71 year old teenager as president. I'm actually saying that, and have never held back from saying that.

It's also not about having a dog in the fight. I don't play this liberal versus conservative bullshit game, in a direct sense. I know I have attitudes and opinions that fall on both sides. If you think I am, or believe me to be, a liberal, that's fine. I have plenty of examples where liberals find me to be conservative as well. I actually like that. To me, there is a balance to that. No one is only conservative OR liberal.

Does anyone else have a prob with the media calling the eo a "muslim ban" when its not a ban and doesnt mention muslims? I mean come on. I call bs wherever i see it. I called bs on the birthers and the wackos claiming obama was a muslim and was bent on destroying the nation yadda yadda yadda and now this media whipped hysteria over trump. Has common sense and objectivity just flown out the window?

Yes. It has flown out the window. The people calling it a muslim ban are the same ones referring to the Podesta email situation where he clicked on a malicious link as the Russians "hacking the election."
It's the big lie they repeat until it seeps into the public consciousness.

Reactions: plm
btw, the friggin potus is still tweeting.

carry on

Dont blame him ... he sure cant count on the national media to quote him correctly - it's the only reliable method he has of unfiltered speech to the public. The Marxist didnt need it, the press was in his crotch.

TrumpWin got elected using Twitter and nothing will change now, and that's 100% fine with his supporters.

btw, the friggin potus is still tweeting.

carry on

Dont blame him ... he sure cant count on the national media to quote him correctly - it's the only reliable method he has of unfiltered speech to the public. The Marxist didnt need it, the press was in his crotch.

TrumpWin got elected using Twitter and nothing will change now, and that's 100% fine with his supporters.
Then why in God's name does his "crew" immediately have to go public in the media just hours after he tweets something to say "what he really meant was....."?????

I do believe he says EXACTLY what he means but then the people he's hired turns around and makes it all PC again. smdh

Y'all are so blind, it's laughable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT