ADVERTISEMENT

"Roy ain't no Izzo"

UNCGridironFanatic

Sophomore
Sep 20, 2015
Actually saw this verbatim, from a mooU fan posting about Giles' recruitment. Dead serious, explain how Roy isn't a good enough coach for a talent like Giles.

I guess those idiots just cannot help themselves. Facts be damned; if they think it puts UNC in a bad light, it is necessary to say it. But this, WOW! Does this hoops genius realize that Roy is 7-0, including 3-0 Sweet 16 or deeper in the tourney, vs. Izzo.

D@mn Skippy, Roy sure isn't an Izzo. He's WAY better....

Actually saw this verbatim, from a mooU fan posting about Giles' recruitment. Dead serious, explain how Roy isn't a good enough coach for a talent like Giles.

I guess those idiots just cannot help themselves. Facts be damned; if they think it puts UNC in a bad light, it is necessary to say it. But this, WOW! Does this hoops genius realize that Roy is 7-0, including 3-0 Sweet 16 or deeper in the tourney, vs. Izzo.

D@mn Skippy, Roy sure isn't an Izzo. He's WAY better....
He does realize who the coach at moo is???

Reactions: gary-7
This would be surprising if it came from any other fan base. From them it is just about at the right mental level. I'm sure their HOF coach is better than Roy and Izzo! Wait...Norm Sloan doesn't coach there any more?

Reactions: The Sharkster
I recall the UNC v Mich St game a couple of years back with a captioned photo of Roy and Izzo talking before the game...caption was Roy telling Izzo, I own you! :eek:

What do you mean by "portion"?
I have lived in Raleigh 90% of my life so you deal with them. My fiance is a Moo U grad. Many of my friends are heel my boss is a huge Moo U honk. Not all of them are hate filled , bat sh!t insane people with inferiority complexes. But many with influence or a voice are like that. That is why it seems like they are so bad.

I'll take Roy's hardware over Izzo's. Just saying. ;)

Nothing against Izzo. I like the guy. And think he's a great coach. I don't like his style of play.

I have lived in Raleigh 90% of my life so you deal with them. My fiance is a Moo U grad. Many of my friends are heel my boss is a huge Moo U honk. Not all of them are hate filled , bat sh!t insane people with inferiority complexes. But many with influence or a voice are like that. That is why it seems like they are so bad.
So she is a fiancee and not yet a wife? Have you really thought that through?

So she is a fiancee and not yet a wife? Have you really thought that through?
Positive. She is a grad not a crazy sports fans. She goes to UNC games with me and says she has more fun especially at the basketball games. NCSU was a fall back plan. SCAD was too hefty a tuition out of state plus she realized by the time she graduated that she would make more not working in the art industry.

BTW: I was born in Chapel Hill (on campus yo!) But I grew up in Raleigh too! I've met very few Moo fans that didnt turn into blithering idiots when ever the Tar Heels are mentioned! MY wife even complains when I leave the house wearing a UNC hat (only kind I own) because she knows some idiot State or puke fan will start mouthing off! She also knows I intend to shut them down with extreme prejudice!

Reactions: The Sharkster
Cool to meet real Raleighites that are not state fans!

Go Tar Heels!
More of us out and about than you might think. Go to Village draft house or Tylers Taproom for a game you see as many UNC fans as NCSU fans. I feel like it's a pretty split city. I grew up in Raleigh but my folks are from NE NC and my dad is an ECU grad but was raised a Tar Heel. Only time I have ever pulled for NCSU is when they played Dook in basketball

Love the Draft House and Carolina Ale House for games! Never tried Tyler's though thanks for the tip. I was at the Backyard Bistro to watch a State game and I had to move my car (with the UNC Front License Plate) because Moo fans kept gathering and pointing to it as they came into the bar. I've had it torn off many times in Raleigh.

Congrats on joining the married club; its the best decision I have ever made!
(I was born a Tar Heel, no decision needed, lol)

Love the Draft House and Carolina Ale House for games! Never tried Tyler's though thanks for the tip. I was at the Backyard Bistro to watch a State game and I had to move my car (with the UNC Front License Plate) because Moo fans kept gathering and pointing to it as they came into the bar. I've had it torn off many times in Raleigh.

Backyard Bistro is always crawling with the worst state fans. They treat UNC people poorly on the regular. It's pretty blatant discrimination on their part. But once you realize the food is average , the fries come out cold half the time , and they have sh!t selection for beer. You realize the discrimination was a favor. I would never turn business away or try to make people feel not welcome for wearing team gear no matter who they pull for. All money is green. It just shows the depth of their ignorance.

In short... Backyard Bistro is awful.

Yup on all counts. Food was mediocre, service was rude and slow, and the food was overpriced. Like you mentioned, they also only have terrible beers there. There just can't be enough Mooers to keep that dump in business! My wife and I are never returning to that den of fools!

And don't let those douches dictate what you do. They gather around your car say something. The portion of NCSU fans that do that kinda crap are the worst. Saw some of this same spineless mob mentality happen at the UNC vs NCSU basketball game in the student section. Me and a buddy of mine got two tix for the game in Raleigh back in 2005. Student tix and rolled in with red jackets on over our UNC gear. Sit down 4 rows behind the UNC bench in the NCSU student section. Wait until about 20 seconds before the tip and it was like 2 black guys walked into a Klan rally how quiet everyone around us got. We got some ugly looks but nobody tried us other than some old man from the section above us. Talking about how he was gonna write a letter to Lee Fowler about us because the usher refused to remove us at his request. He didn't like that we were celebrating for UNC in the student section. Anyway point of the story is a younger couple was the other 2 UNC fans in the entire student section with us. Once the game started to get out of hand later in the 2nd half a group of these fine NCSU student body started giving it to this girl and guy who were probally 18-19 at the time. I was 22 my buddy was 23 and they saw smaller , weaker , and with his girl and started trying to start something with the kid. We said something and security saw it go down on the way out and dissolved it. But those dudes could of gone at us with the trash talk instead. But they were pu$$ies. That is how the loudly obnoxious typically are.

Yup on all counts. Food was mediocre, service was rude and slow, and the food was overpriced. Like you mentioned, they also only have terrible beers there. There just can't be enough Mooers to keep that dump in business! My wife and I are never returning to that den of fools!
Like a lot of businesses. Location trumps good product.

Location has to be the answer. I'm a relatively big guy (6'2", 230) so I don't take any junk from idiots, but I don't like to have my day ruined when I'm out with the wife. The good news for the mouth breathers was I wasn't out with my friends. Just like UK, the only hate I have for NCSU has to do with their idiot fans! puke hate is to the bone, though.

I did the same thing at HIS. I got tix to a UNC/Puke game and sat in the Iron Pukes section. I wore a grey sweatshirt over my Tar Heel gear and took it off after tip-off. UNC came from behind to win and I cheered during the whole run. End result: My Dad lost a 20 year friend and the guy lost his season tickets! Some fan bases are really insecure.

Location has to be the answer. I'm a relatively big guy (6'2", 230) so I don't take any junk from idiots, but I don't like to have my day ruined when I'm out with the wife. The good news for the mouth breathers was I wasn't out with my friends. Just like UK, the only hate I have for NCSU has to do with their idiot fans! puke hate is to the bone, though.

I did the same thing at HIS. I got tix to a UNC/Puke game and sat in the Iron Pukes section. I wore a grey sweatshirt over my Tar Heel gear and took it off after tip-off. UNC came from behind to win and I cheered during the whole run. End result: My Dad lost a 20 year friend and the guy lost his season tickets! Some fan bases are really insecure.

I have been to Cameron twice. 2001 where Haywood hit the 2 FT's to win the game before Forte and crew tanked at the end of the season because Doh drove everyone insane. It was the worst seat in Cameron way up in the far corner. Then in 2007 when they played Maryland and I was sitting behind Broadhead. I pulled for Maryland the whole time and didn't hear a peep from anybody surprisingly. I also wasn't invited back to another game after either. Coincidence?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT