ADVERTISEMENT

Santa Fe shooting

Another thing something like that would do is lower voter turnout which is always a good thing. That means that a lot of uninformed and less engaged people wouldn't show up. I've never understood why people think high turnout is a good idea. The less idiots that vote the better.

It'd be bad for us (yes, I actually am a conservative even though I'm anti-gun) if only smart people showed up.

Average IQ of very conservative people is 95 and very liberal is 106.

(yes, I actually am a conservative )

giphy.gif

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. You're telling me you have better debates with your dumber friends than with your smarter ones? I don't.

I definitely have better debates with my smarter friends. It's sort of the "just smart enough to be dangerous" axiom. They think they know the issues very well (even if they don't), so are willing to defend them staunchly, whereas my dumber friends recognize that they aren't experts on the issues and are willing to defer to people who know them better.

Maybe there's a debate to be had as to which one is truly smarter in that scenario.

I definitely have better debates with my smarter friends. It's sort of the "just smart enough to be dangerous" axiom. They think they know the issues very well (even if they don't), so are willing to defend them staunchly, whereas my dumber friends recognize that they aren't experts on the issues and are willing to defer to people who know them better.

Maybe there's a debate to be had as to which one is truly smarter in that scenario.

But my dumber friends just repeat the same shit over and over even when they "know" the issues and they aren't willing to concede points to the other side. My smart friends at least are willing to do that and present new, thoughtful ideas as well.

Do you think someone has to agree with the entire Republican party line to be a conservative? That's lame.

No. I don't think that. But I'd say you'd have to at least agree with the Republican party on something to be a conservative.

No. I don't think that. But I'd say you'd have to at least agree with the Republican party on something to be a conservative.

What else have we debated? How do you know my stance on the economy, social issues, defense, etc.?

Depends on the issue.
To expand on this some, I'll give you an example. Bill Gates is a smart man and I'm sure his IQ is above 100. If I were to have a debate about police brutality, I would choose a cop who had an IQ of 90 before I chose Gates because the cop has the experience and first hand knowledge.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
To expand on this some, I'll give you an example. Bill Gates is a smart man and I'm sure his IQ is above 100. If I were to have a debate about police brutality, I would choose a cop who had an IQ of 90 before I chose Gates.

I mean...yeah. Obviously having an expert or someone who has first hand experience is the most valuable. I don't think that's what we were really talking about here though.

I mean...yeah. Obviously having an expert or someone who has first hand experience is the most valuable. I don't think that's what we were really talking about here though.
Not sure why you thought I was talking about something else. I said issues and not general knowledge. You conservatives just don't listen.

Give me a quick summary of where you agree with the GOP.

Anything and everything to do with the economy. Minimum wage is way too freaking high, taxing wealthier hard working Americans more than McDonalds workers is ridiculous, and businesses being taxed out of their asses is horrible for our country.

Social issues, mostly. Welfare funding is absurd. Drug tests, work placement programs, etc. for anyone who wants a government hand out. While I don't think we should completely defund PP, it gets way too much.

Defense spending. Keep it high. I like the idea of being the biggest and strongest by a far margin.

We done here?

Anything and everything to do with the economy. Minimum wage is way too freaking high, taxing wealthier hard working Americans more than McDonalds workers is ridiculous, and businesses being taxed out of their asses is horrible for our country.

Social issues, mostly. Welfare funding is absurd. Drug tests, work placement programs, etc. for anyone who wants a government hand out. While I don't think we should completely defund PP, it gets way too much.

Defense spending. Keep it high. I like the idea of being the biggest and strongest by a far margin.

We done here?

Geeze,...you should stick to those points around here. I'd dislike you less.

But before I go putting your picture on my wall, let's talk immigration - which is one of the most important issues to me. Where are you on this?

Geeze,...you should stick to those points around here. I'd dislike you less.

But before I go putting your picture on my wall, let's talk immigration - which is one of the most important issues to me. Where are you on this?

No refugees, period. Sorry and I get that 99.99999999% are not harmful in any way, but it takes 1 person that's radical to kill lots of Americans...no thank you.

Second, border security is incredibly important. I also support SAVE. Against sanctuary cities. E-Verify for everyone who wants a job. Etc. etc.

Reactions: nctransplant
No refugees, period. Sorry and I get that 99.99999999% are not harmful in any way, but it takes 1 person that's radical to kill lots of Americans...no thank you.

Second, border security is incredibly important. I also support SAVE. Against sanctuary cities. E-Verify for everyone who wants a job. Etc. etc.

GSD is now fully erect.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT