ADVERTISEMENT

Silent Sam Toppled by Protestors

Looks as if Silent Sam is not going back up . . per Chancellor Folt.

I'm okay with that, how 'bout you folks . . ?

Looks as if Silent Sam is not going back up . . per Chancellor Folt.

I'm okay with that, how 'bout you folks . . ?

I’m ok with it. I think the statue was so inconsequential that if it were up, I’d say to leave it up. Now that it’s down, I say leave it down.

Plus this way, the people that tore it down can feel like they’ve done something of value in their life. I’m all for boosting morale when possible.

Reactions: BillyL
Plus this way, the people that tore it down can feel like they’ve done something of value in their life. I’m all for boosting morale when possible.

That’s why I want it back up - so those losers don’t think they’ve won. That will only reinforce lawless behavior. I thought when Obama was out of office, we could get back to enforcing the law. And to see people break the law, see no consequences and feel good about what they’ve done, I can’t abide it.

That’s why I want it back up - so those losers don’t think they’ve won. That will only reinforce lawless behavior. I thought when Obama was out of office, we could get back to enforcing the law. And to see people break the law, see no consequences and feel good about what they’ve done, I can’t abide it.
Your words “so those losers don’t think they’ve won” is exactly why all confederate statues and monuments should come down. They lost; therefore the statues should never have been put up in the first place - Many supporters argue that they were erected to honor the soldiers sacrifice, but hindsight paints a different picture. It appears the bulk of them were put up as a show of force (white supremacy) during the early 1900s and 1950-60s when the fight for civil rights were most intense.

I say yank ‘em all down, scoop ‘em up and put ‘em all in a museum so once a year (maybe more) all backroads ~rebels ~and rednecks can come together for a big smooze-fest were they can rub on their little participation trophies, tell each other it’s history not hate and discuss how much smarter the confederate generals were, but “for the life of me I can’t figure out how we lost.”

Your words “so those losers don’t think they’ve won” - If only the south had accepted their defeat and applied your words and not the mantra “one day the south will rise again “ we wouldn’t be in this mess today.

Your words “so those losers don’t think they’ve won” is exactly why all confederate statues and monuments should come down. They lost; therefore the statues should never have been put up in the first place - Many supporters argue that they were erected to honor the soldiers sacrifice, but hindsight paints a different picture. It appears the bulk of them were put up as a show of force (white supremacy) during the early 1900s and 1950-60s when the fight for civil rights were most intense.

I say yank ‘em all down, scoop ‘em up and put ‘em all in a museum so once a year (maybe more) all backroads ~rebels ~and rednecks can come together for a big smooze-fest were they can rub on their little participation trophies, tell each other it’s history not hate and discuss how much smarter the confederate generals were, but “for the life of me I can’t figure out how we lost.”

Your words “so those losers don’t think they’ve won” - If only the south had accepted their defeat and applied your words and not the mantra “one day the south will rise again “ we wouldn’t be in this mess today.

What mess are we in? People manufacturing faux anger because some powerful rich white folks told them to? Nah, they’d find another reason to get fake mad if it wasn’t the statues.

Reactions: cletusnow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT