ADVERTISEMENT

Sitting with Coby

Thanks for the reporting guys!

Can't wait to see that guy in Tar Heel Blue! He will be an awesome 2 at UNC and has the obvious chops to help at 1.

Go Tar Heels and Go Coby!

Reactions: Heels5150
i am at the All Star Game which includes Coby White. I am sitting next to him before his game while the girls game is playing. He is the nicest young man I have met since Joel Berry. Talking PG with him about next year. He says he is not sure yet.

Like his response on the PG talk. Sound like a kid willing to play whichever spot coach want/needs.

Reactions: Heels5150
Like his response on the PG talk. Sound like a kid willing to play whichever spot coach want/needs.
He was very warm and articulate young man. Every answer I asked he smiled and gave me eye contact and well so well mannered. Yes sir, I am not sure sir. I told him how I was so sorry about his fathers passing. He thanked me and GAVE me a hug. I told him I had lost my mother a month after his father. He literally got ready eyed for me and shook my hand and gave me another hug. Genuine, heartfelt Tar Heel. Coby played at about 60% and he was still way above the other guys including Dotson ( I am a fan of his as well). Coby abused Dotson on several plays and then in an all star game he took himself out and just cheered on his team. Even getting them water via Marvin Williams. Coby could see the floor two moves before it unraveled. I am not embelishing none at the least. I got his autograph made out to my 13 year old son who was a victim of physical, verbal and sexual abuse by the hands of his mother. She held a loaded 45 at his head twice. I finally have full custody of My son Michael and for 5 years this is the first year he does not have to go to counseling. He can just be a little boy. His one chance at being 13. Anyway, Coby made his year by his autograph. Michael’s Dream is to see the Tar Heels play in the Dean Dome next year. I hope we can get tickets. He loves the Tar Heels callling them the ultimate genuine Family. He is not wrong. Go Heels!!! Play with fire and passion and beat the mess out of Syracuse and then a rematch with Miami and dook. The Tar Heels are so much more than just basketball it is about the genuine love of the sport, facilities and programs throughout the university. Committed and Loyal players who come back on their own to better the next generation of future Tar Heels. #TarHeelFamily

If he can play some defense, Roy will find a spot.

Since when is Roy interested in defense, especially behind the arc? All he's interested in is run, run, run and points per possession. The last two games have been poorly coached. I'm not sure I believe his words at senior night..."We're not done yet."

Since when is Roy interested in defense, especially behind the arc? All he's interested in is run, run, run and points per possession. The last two games have been poorly coached. I'm not sure I believe his words at senior night..."We're not done yet."

You obviously haven't read what Coach has said....you need to take a peek at our total in game numbers. You might learn something.

Reactions: itstartedwithmj
You obviously haven't read what Coach has said....you need to take a peek at our total in game numbers. You might learn something.

Here are the numbers that matter...a HOME loss to an inferior team on SENIOR NIGHT in which you give up 91 points. Blowing a 10 point lead, giving up 49 points in the second half, and getting outscored by 20 in the second half at Dook. And that's just the last two games. I won't mention Wofford, NC State and others.

White's speed in the open court with the ball is why I can see the allure with trying to make him a PG.

I wouldn't call Miami an inferior team. I think from a talent standpoint they are comparable to UNC this year.

White's speed in the open court with the ball is why I can see the allure with trying to make him a PG.

I wouldn't call Miami an inferior team. I think from a talent standpoint they are comparable to UNC this year.
With Bruce Brown they are comparable, but without their best player we are the much better team

Oh, please. Roy's not perfect. It's my opinion he got out-coached the past two games. It's called an opinion. You don't have to like it or agree with it.

I think it's obvious he got out-coached the last two games. I'm not sure anyone could even try to argue to the contrary.

I think it's obvious he got out-coached the last two games. I'm not sure anyone could even try to argue to the contrary.
I have yet to see Roy suit up for a game. No one on here was in a huddle or in the locker room to know if he wanted changes or not. Maybe the players didn't listen to what he wanted or just couldn't do it. Too many coaches at the house IMO

I have yet to see Roy suit up for a game. No one on here was in a huddle or in the locker room to know if he wanted changes or not. Maybe the players didn't listen to what he wanted or just couldn't do it. Too many coaches at the house IMO

He definitely chooses the lineups on the floor. And if all 5 players on the floor are for whatever reason not playing the defense he hasn’t called, I think it’s a fair assumption to say he would take them out and insert players who would play the defense called.

He definitely chooses the lineups on the floor. And if all 5 players on the floor are for whatever reason not playing the defense he hasn’t called, I think it’s a fair assumption to say he would take them out and insert players who would play the defense called.
This whole "small ball" lineup is supposed to be the best 5 players on the team. If they can't do it then I think IT'S A FAIR ASSUMPTION the others can't either

Reactions: trestyles

We're not a great defensive team this season, but you make it sound like Roy can't or won't ever teach defense.
2017 - 11th defense
2016 - 21st
2014 - 20
2012 - 11
2011 - 5
2009 - 18
2008 - 14
2007 - 4
2005 - 5

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT