ADVERTISEMENT

So now who do you want to play!!!!!!

bobby121567

Hall of Famer
Dec 1, 2006
I want State!!! I rather try to beat State even if they do try and pitch there ace again on short rest and around 100 pitches the other night. Instead of giving him more time to rest!!!!!

I've said it in other threads, so I'll say it again: If we play State on Thursday, I promise you we will see Rodon in some capacity. If he doesn't start, he will be available to close that game out in the late innings.

To advance to the title game we're going to have to figure this guy out, bottom line.

Would rather face State in an elimination game with Rodon unrested than State with no losses and Rodon fresh. Face it...he's in our heads.

Go Bruins!!!

This post was edited on 6/18 7:36 PM by Raising Heel

He is in our heads. I want to play NCSU and I'd love to see us do it against Rodon. And I do think we see him versus us if they lose. He pitched 10 innings against us in the ACC's and was still solid when they took him out. He'll be ready. And so will we.

I agree that he may be in our heads but also note, the had he been in the draft this year he would have been drafted no. 1. Rodon is the heat, anyway you cut it!

He is a beast no doubt. But I would rather see him with the shortest amount of rest as possible. His body is use to 7 days rest. My thinking was hold it close until he get tired and starts hanging pitches and has control problems. I would rather s just having him going 4or5 and getting tired than him being able to go 9 And if somehow he does it to us again. Then so be it. He would in my eyes just must be super human.

They lose and they will throw Rodon and then they have to beat UCLA twice without him... But we are all that matters to them

If Toby coached the baseball team, I am sure they would pitch Rodon against us on Thurs (assuming they lose). But Avent, I am not so sure. If they are playing Thursday, then they still need 3 in a row. If they save Rodon for Friday, then they can pitch him game 2 of the finals (again assuming they make it). But if they pitch him Thursday and they win, they still could only pitch him once in the finals. But the risk is going on very short rest this Thursday.

I think holding Rodon till Friday is the obvious choice. The only reason we are discussing Thursday is because this is Moo and their accompanying obsession with all things Carolina.

Originally posted by heelmanwilm:
Suit up gio bernard
Posted from Rivals Mobile
roll.r191677.gif

From what I've seen, after playing moou and superman over and over, every week, we are acting out the definition of a fool: doing the same thing every time, expecting different results. I say we break his thumbs. Come on, who's with me!

I am glad we are playing them again. First game doesn't mean much if UNC eliminates them from another tournament! I don't see how Rodon can be very effective, maybe he can. UNC needs to get to State early so Rodon cannot make a difference. I love UNC's chances of beating UCLA twice if they can get by State.

Even if it is the UNC obsessed country bumpkins from Raleigh, we will not see rodant tomorrow. Him pitching any against us would eliminate his use in the following game or games. Personally I think our bigger problem with state has been us pitching Emmanuel. Let's face it. He has not pitched well for a while. I really lIke the kid and want him to pull out of it. Last game against the peckers I didn't like our chances. This time I do. Go Heels!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT