ADVERTISEMENT

So who else...

I will say that I absolutely love the "alerts" feature. That's gold for a narcissist like me.

I will say that I absolutely love the "alerts" feature. That's gold for a narcissist like me.

I like the e-mail notifications option.

That is a standard feature on a Corvette Forum that I participate in. I may stop over there once or twice a day, and if anyone posts in that thread after me, I get an e-mail about it the following morning.

It would be nice if there were a list of upgrades somewhere. Among a few that I've noted:

• alerts
  • "follow" a poster (no idea what that means yet)
  • preview posts
  • embed video (finally)
  • improved message formatting options
Looks like they've scaled back the emoticons quite a bit, though. :(

...is getting nothing done today as they try to figure out how this thing works?

*raises hand* Well I mean....I knocked out a couple quotes. But other than that, I'm spacing out pretty hard trying to figure this new thing out.

Not that I care too much about this, but they drastically reduced the amount of emojis. I do look how your avatars can be bigger than 100 x 100 and can just be uploaded from your computer. Unfortunately, all the avatars I made, I saved as 100 x 100 or smaller, which is now too small. Gonna need to whip another one up eventually.

Also, it's easier to type in colors now which is cool

Reactions: Raising Heel
Like RH, I am looking forward to the 'embed video' option . .

I went over to the Kentucky board to check on a Brandon Ingram thread and Rupp Rafters is changing their boards over tonight. One of the mods there said there would be a 'pivate message' option once it was changed over. I can't find that anywhere on our new format though . . :((

What is the function of the multi-quote? Can't figure that one out.

I, too, am baffled by the multi-quote.
Wait, didn't I answer this somewhere else yesterday?

If you click the +Quote button, it adds that post to a cache. So if you want to quote multiple posts in a single response, click on the +Quote button under each one. Then, at the bottom of the screen click on the "Insert Quotes..." button and pick which ones you want to include in your post.

Much better than having to open multiple tabs to grab all the quotes you want to use. The functionality of the new site is pretty amazing. It was worth the wait.

Yeah, and I'll miss showing people that I'd like to vomit because of something they wrote.

4fvgdaq_th.gif

frantic.gif

178.gif

But really.......the Internet is a cool place. Useful too.
puke.gif

One improvement I'd like to see is for posters to be able to like their own post. ;)
Also, it would be cool if we could like a like. Or even like a liked like.

For example, pretend you post something really funny and clever (just pretend, okay?). Then I like it. You might want to be able to like my like to show your appreciation that I got the joke. And then I might want to like your liked like so I can be all, yeah, you didn't think people would get it but I got it.

Have you old ladies figured out yet what we like and don't like about the new format? Someone gimme the TL;DR version.

Don't like:
Can't see lurkers' names anymore. Always cracked up when I saw Gordon Sumner was online (look it up).

Like:
Just about everything else.

Don't like:
- can't like our own posts
- can't like likes
- much harder to get from board to another
- terrible emoticons

Like:
- alerts
- Billy posts less :p

Reactions: Raising Heel
ADVERTISEMENT