ADVERTISEMENT

Still not tired of winning

A few quick thoughts of mine that nobody wants to hear.

1. NK does not need nuclear weapons to hold the Korean Peninsula hostage. They’ve been doing it with conventional weapons for nearly half a century.

2. There is obviously no enforcement mechanism to anything that was signed. In fact, there weren’t any actual commitments made. This is in stark contrast to the Iran deal which required them to surrender 97% of their nuclear material, or face consequences. Trump getting Kim to sign something was simply a political stunt, and one that allowed Kim to play Trump like a fiddle. Which brings me to my next point.

3. There is no incentive for NK to denuclearize therefore there is also no reason to assume they actually will. Kim understands that Trump is like a used car salesman. He doesn’t care about the product he delivers, and neither do his customers. He just wanted something that looked like a deal so that he could play that role. So Kim gave him that, and in exchange Trump internationally legitimized a murderous dictator who starved his own people.

This is exactly what political experts have been worried about, savvy operators can easily manipulate the POTUS by simply appealing to his ego. NK has one of the most advanced nuclear research programs on the planet. The notion that they’re going to actually throw away billions in investment and decades of research is naive to the point of complete foolishness. There is virtually nothing we can offer them that would justify that move.

4. The US president saying that he felt a “special bond” with a dictator that is responsible for the deaths of countless innocent people, is frankly disgusting.

Later brother.
df8.gif

Depends on to which previous agreement you are referring.
There are at least a half dozen, and their language is all almost identical to the new agreement: de-nuclearization of the Korean Peninsula, normalization of relations, energy and economic cooperation, and regional peace and security.

However, generally speaking, that what is different this time around, for starters, is that the Little Fat Man is coming out to negotiate on his own as opposed to sending some powerless delegation.
Kim Jong-il participated in the inter-Korean summit in 2000.

You might have even seen him in South Korea recently, which I do not believe has ever happened before.
Correct.

What is also different now is that China is seemingly no longer interested in propping up these loons, which means that if they want resources, they will need to work on their own to get them.
The last thing the Chinese want is for North Korea to collapse under sanctions, which would flood their border with refugees. If anything, Bejing will continue to support NK with hopes of de-escalating tensions on the peninsula and reducing the U.S. military presence in SK and Japan.

A few quick thoughts of mine that nobody wants to hear.

1. NK does not need nuclear weapons to hold the Korean Peninsula hostage. They’ve been doing it with conventional weapons for nearly half a century.

2. There is obviously no enforcement mechanism to anything that was signed. In fact, there weren’t any actual commitments made. This is in stark contrast to the Iran deal which required them to surrender 97% of their nuclear material, or face consequences. Trump getting Kim to sign something was simply a political stunt, and one that allowed Kim to play Trump like a fiddle. Which brings me to my next point.

3. There is no incentive for NK to denuclearize therefore there is also no reason to assume they actually will. Kim understands that Trump is like a used car salesman. He doesn’t care about the product he delivers, and neither do his customers. He just wanted something that looked like a deal so that he could play that role. So Kim gave him that, and in exchange Trump internationally legitimized a murderous dictator who starved his own people.

This is exactly what political experts have been worried about, savvy operators can easily manipulate the POTUS by simply appealing to his ego. NK has one of the most advanced nuclear research programs on the planet. The notion that they’re going to actually throw away billions in investment and decades of research is naive to the point of complete foolishness. There is virtually nothing we can offer them that would justify that move.

4. The US president saying that he felt a “special bond” with a dictator that is responsible for the deaths of countless innocent people, is frankly disgusting.
I read this somewhere else:

"The entire summit was basically the international equivalent of a timeshare pitch with the US President in the role of the creepy developer."

Reactions: BillyL
Trump supporters always lean on the "well Hillary and Obama suck too" defense whenever people talk about how ridiculous Trump is.

Don't talk about Obama to defend Trump.

Good old whataboutism. And I've seen several instances of it being used in that manner as well as the opposite. "Oh how come you guys were up in arms when Obama did X but not Trump" is the same thing.

Good old whataboutism. And I've seen several instances of it being used in that manner as well as the opposite. "Oh how come you guys were up in arms when Obama did X but not Trump" is the same thing.

Deflecting to Obama when someone criticizes trump is not the same as questioning why people ignore things in trump that outraged them under obama.

I know what you’re trying to do, but those aren’t the same at all. If something outraged you under obama, then you should be consistent. The only differences are ideology and race.

If trump is doing something wrong then it doesn’t matter if obama got away with the same thing. Yes, people who are now attacking trump have to answer to the same criticism about being consistent. Why didn’t they criticize obama for the same thing if they both did something? BUT that isn’t whataboutism. Whataboutism is using the fact that obama got away with it as a defense for trump.

Reactions: heelbent and BillyL
Deflecting to Obama when someone criticizes trump is not the same as questioning why people ignore things in trump that outraged them under obama.

I know what you’re trying to do, but those aren’t the same at all. If something outraged you under obama, then you should be consistent. The only differences are ideology and race.

If trump is doing something wrong then it doesn’t matter if obama got away with the same thing. Yes, people who are now attacking trump have to answer to the same criticism about being consistent. Why didn’t they criticize obama for the same thing if they both did something? BUT that isn’t whataboutism. Whataboutism is using the fact that obama got away with it as a defense for trump.

Maybe we should dub the not criticizing Obama for things they criticize Trump for "Howaboutism", as it's a very close corollary to whataboutism.

But yes - consistency is all I'm looking for here, on both sides.

Reactions: uncboy10
Maybe we should dub the not criticizing Obama for things they criticize Trump for "Howaboutism", as it's a very close corollary to whataboutism.

But yes - consistency is all I'm looking for here, on both sides.

I like it.

But how do we convince the real Trump supporters that every criticism of him isn't "fake news" or a "witch hunt?"

There are at least a half dozen, and their language is all almost identical to the new agreement: de-nuclearization of the Korean Peninsula, normalization of relations, energy and economic cooperation, and regional peace and security.

Kim Jong-il participated in the inter-Korean summit in 2000.

Correct.

The last thing the Chinese want is for North Korea to collapse under sanctions, which would flood their border with refugees. If anything, Bejing will continue to support NK with hopes of de-escalating tensions on the peninsula and reducing the U.S. military presence in SK and Japan.

Just 1 quote per poast so I can respond from me phone

TIA

Reactions: tarheel0910
And some more winning:

U.S. government posts $147 billion deficit in May

Reuters Staff

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. government had a $147 billion budget deficit in May, an increase of 66 percent from the same month last year as the ledger took a hit from declining revenue and higher spending, according to Treasury Department data released on Tuesday.
Treasury reported a budget deficit of $88 billion in the same month last year, the department’s monthly budget statement showed.

And some more winning:

Reuters Staff

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. government had a $147 billion budget deficit in May, an increase of 66 percent from the same month last year as the ledger took a hit from declining revenue and higher spending, according to Treasury Department data released on Tuesday.
Treasury reported a budget deficit of $88 billion in the same month last year, the department’s monthly budget statement showed.
That winning isn't limited by president or party.

Reactions: heelbent
And some more winning:

Reuters Staff

^^^^^
FAKE NEWS

From the treasury "Budget results for the month of May have been a deficit 63 out of the last 64 years since Fiscal Year 1955."

Reuters also leaves out we had record revenue in April and a huge surplus. "The impact of large individual tax deposits resulted in budget receipts of $510.5 billion and a surplus of $214.3 billion. This is the largest April surplus on record."

Excuse me but what did. I post that was not true?
Dude, that is just like Joe Biden in 2007 when he said that 80% of corporations pay no taxes. Which is technically true, except 80% of corporations that are pass through entities that pay taxes on the individual level. So it is a lie because it is out of context.

It is Fake news, negative and irrelevant. only posted and a political jab. ....

Reactions: UNC71-00
Dude, that is just like Joe Biden in 2007 when he said that 80% of corporations pay no taxes. Which is technically true, except 80% of corporations that are pass through entities that pay taxes on the individual level. So it is a lie because it is out of context.

It is Fake news, negative and irrelevant. only posted and a political jab. ....
I understand,math is hard....

I cannot figure out what 90% of your poasts even mean. This one falls into the 90%. It's like I need a gteeitup-to-English dictionary.

geez, dude...i’ll break it down for you...you think tl is hot(favorite ice cream flavor), i don’t(not my favorite ice cream flavor)...you think milano is hot, I do too.

Trump said no sanctions will be lifted until there is verification on NK is giving up the nukes. He's gotten hostages back, test facilities have been taken down, and missiles have stopped flying over Japan (who we are treaty obligated to defend). I think it is wise a put off military games with SK for a time to show we truly want peace. And what about getting our fallen soldiers remains back, that shows me how much he really cares for our country. Time will tell if it works out, but no one can say they love America if they hope it doesn't

Wait, someone thinks Tomi Lahren isn't hot? Come on, this is the one issue where party lines shouldn't divide us.

Reactions: tarheel0910
President Donald Trump declared that North Korea no longer posed a nuclear threat, even though Kim Jong Un hasn’t committed to a timetable for giving up his regime’s weapons.
“Everybody can now feel much safer than the day I took office,” Trump said on Twitter Wednesday shortly after arriving back in Washington from his meetings in Singapore with Kim. “There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea.”

If what you state is true, even though louigi destroyed it, according to boy and other libs the deficit belongs to Obama.
Any real conservative should be concerned about having tax cuts without spending cuts to go along them. Without spending cut the deficit will continue to grow.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT