ADVERTISEMENT

(Super Regional) Stetson-UNC Game 1 Thread

I went in early just so I could take a half day off and watch this game. Wish I could be there to root the boys on. Got my luckiest Carolina jersey on. It's getting a little ragged, I bought it right before the 2005 Championship and wore it for the finals. Had it on for the '09 and '17 finals too. Probably wear it till it disintegrates but it's just got so much mojo I can't throw it away, despite my girlfriend's protestations. Oh well, I can always get another girlfriend.

May our bats stayeth hot and our pitching giveth not, and may we driveth the Hatters mad!

Last edited:
A few interesting stats from John's post:

• UNC is looking to become the 15th school with 100 NCAA postseason wins (99).

• Carolina is 6-1 in Super Regional play and have won 6 straight, all at home.

• UNC has been a national seed 8 times. 5 of the previous 7 they went to the CWS.

A few more:

UNC: 3.61 ERA

Stetson: 2.50 ERA(#1 nationally)

UNC: .284 batting average

Stetson: .255batting average

UNC: .238 opponent's batting average

Stetson: .202 opponent's batting average

UNC: 53 home runs

Stetson: 28 home runs

UNC: 580 pitching KO's

Stetson:
617 pitching KO's

UNC:
.393 on base %

Stetson: .346 on base %

UNC: .974 fielding %

Stetson: .974 fielding %

Friday's probable starters:
UNC: RHP Cooper Criswell (5-2, 2.89 ERA, 77 SO, 9 BB)

Stetson: RHP Logan Gilbert (11-1, 2.52 ERA, 157 SO, 23 BB)

Saturday's probable starters:
UNC: RHP Gianluca Dalatri (2-2, 2.35 ERA, 27 SO, 6 BB)

Stetson: RHP Jack Perkins (11-2, 2.34 ERA, 106 SO, 31 BB)

Should be one heck of a series.

Go Diamond Heels!

Criswell with an one out walk. Brooks Wilson their conference player of the year not an exactly bad call there.

2 on with one out for Stetson in T1

We knew Gilbert was gonna be a beast today. He didn't get drafted in the 1st round of the draft by accident. A pitching duel makes me nervous but anything can happen in baseball. Thanks for the updates and keep them coming! I can't watch.

Heels are hitting Gilbert but their line drives are right at the out fielders. Roberts is the third out as he is out swinging.

That’s Insane their best hitter is their closer.
I'd sure like to have him. The great starting pitching may make him seem a better closer than he is, but he a successful closer and a .300 hitter with some power. That kind of all around game makes a team MVP in college baseball.

Pitching duel makes me nervous. Seems like we will have to dip pretty deep into our bullpen if Criswell doesn't get more economical with his pitches. Does Luca go tomorrow? He's going to have to carry the load tomorrow.

Pitching duel makes me nervous. Seems like we will have to dip pretty deep into our bullpen if Criswell doesn't get more economical with his pitches. Does Luca go tomorrow? He's going to have to carry the load tomorrow.
Luca is up tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT