ADVERTISEMENT

(Super Regional) UNC-Stetson Game 2 Thread

Just watching replay, we almost didn’t score in the 1st inning... If the LF makes the play on Roberts, Datres would have been easily doubled off 2nd....Took advantage of a huge break early(game of inches)

Reactions: tarheel0910
Agree. After the way this team started, it learned early what needed fixing. This seems like a grittier team than the Heels have had in the past, and grit can help get you through in Omaha.
I’ve been following the Heels since about 1960 when I was seven. I have to say your articles have given me more joy than all the others combined. You are blessed with a way with words and UNC fans are blessed to have you. I truly mean that, @andrew jones. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been moved to tears of joy and pride reading your pieces. God bless you and yours.

I’ve been following the Heels since about 1960 when I was seven. I have to say your articles have given me more joy than all the others combined. You are blessed with a way with words and UNC fans are blessed to have you. I truly mean that, @andrew jones. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been moved to tears of joy and pride reading your pieces. God bless you and yours.

Yeah that 7-7 start had me bad frustrated but man how they recovered. Coach Fox is a first class act as are his players. If any of you get your hands on the letter he writes to all incoming freshman it is basically a manual for life imo.

Yeah that 7-7 start had me bad frustrated but man how they recovered. Coach Fox is a first class act as are his players. If any of you get your hands on the letter he writes to all incoming freshman it is basically a manual for life imo.
My comment on the 7-7 start was something along the lines of a profanity followed by an accusatory fear that the baseball program may have been infected with the inconsistency leading to mediocrity that marks football under Fedora and lacrosse under Breschi. That 7-7 start after the collapse in the Regional last year was hard to take.

I am truly touched by your comment and appreciate it so much. Thank you.

My comment on the 7-7 start was something along the lines of a profanity followed by an accusatory fear that the baseball program may have been infected with the inconsistency leading to mediocrity that marks football under Fedora and lacrosse under Breschi. That 7-7 start after the collapse in the Regional last year was hard to take.

But think about it, so many damn good UNC teams started out 20-1 and ranked No. 1 and didn't get it done in Omaha, but this one has taken a very different path to get there. I also think someone's comment about the UVA team that won it a year after a better team didn't is an interesting one. I can see that happened to the Heels in the next couple of weeks.

Reactions: tarheel0910
I’m almost completely gray headed now, added a few more watching the last two games. It ain’t always pretty but it’s been effective so far. Very proud of this team after the slow start. They do have grit.

We can only hope it's time for payback. They cost us once for sure and probably twice. Our team those two years was loaded.
A lot of the fanbase (myself included) lost a ton of faith in Coach Fox after the 2006 Oregon State comeback. We had that championship locked up.

Yep, we shot ourselves in the foot and squandered a golden opportunity. Still hurts to this day.

Oregon State and Florida look like the two best teams, but if the Heels can give the Beavers a loss in the opening game, maybe someone else will take care of OSU's other loss. Might as well play the other best team there right out of the gate.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
Oregon State and Florida look like the two best teams, but if the Heels can give the Beavers a loss in the opening game, maybe someone else will take care of OSU's other loss. Might as well play the other best team there right out of the gate.
Yep, high risk, high reward. Will we send Luca out in Game 1, or keep with the rotation and go Criswell?

Yep, we shot ourselves in the foot and squandered a golden opportunity. Still hurts to this day.
Oh yeah it does. I was 16 and, although I still take losses very very hard today, I took that loss especially hard. Sports was my life back then. I lived and died on every game Carolina played, regardless of sport.

Crap... I guess not much has changed 12 years later lol.

Yep, high risk, high reward. Will we send Luca out in Game 1, or keep with the rotation and go Criswell?

Oh yeah it does. I was 16 and, although I still take losses very very hard today, I took that loss especially hard. Sports was my life back then. I lived and died on every game Carolina played, regardless of sport.

Crap... I guess not much has changed 12 years later lol.

My dad is 84, played soccer and lacrosse at UNC and he is the same way. I think that's really cool.

My dad is 84, played soccer and lacrosse at UNC and he is the same way. I think that's really cool.
I'm certainly not a blind loyalist to the university and there's plenty they've done and still do that piss me off and that I don't support, but dangit, for better or worse, there's something about UNC sports that draws you in and won't let you go. I don't know if it's the Blue, the perennial success in almost every sport, or what, but it's a sickness none of us will ever be cured of lol.

Carolina already has rampant fan support, but if we could somehow get Carolina consistently good (Top 15) at football........ it would be insane. You think Carolina has a lot of fans now? We would have an Ohio State-esque following if we could become and remain a Top 15 football program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT