ADVERTISEMENT

Tar Heels at Wufs official game thread

Well, at least this was nowhere near as close and ugly as last week.

And... 11-1 is a school record.

State grinnage makes a highlight touchdown catch and the Wuffies convert on the 2 point conversation and with less 2 minutes to go 45-34 contest.

Didn't watch the game because I am in Atlanta, but I just watched Alabam and Auburn and despite the disparity in records, Auburn did not roll over despite the score. Look at how tough uSuCk played Clemson, too. Not exactly the blowout those fans expected either I am sure. They call them rivalry games for a reason, when rivalries are involved you can't predict what will happen. We won. That is all that matters. TCU beat Baylor, so that is another team ahead of us who fell. We need to take care of business in the ACC title game and not worry about what happens.

Bottom line is this is BY FAR a better season than any of us dreamed it would be, especially after that first loss. I am going to enjoy the ride and laugh at the pig molestors for a while and wait to see where we play.

Side note: unfortunately, this wasn't the impressive win we needed.
No, it wasn't based on what most people look at... final score. But we easily should've had 62+ points.
Either way, it's such a long shot for the playoffs anyway, that I'd love to see us get the ACC title. Anything else is gravy.

Undefeated in the ACC Regular Season, State Champions, Pounded Dook, Let the Woofies think they had a chance and then beat them, 11-1 and counting - I'll Take It !! :D

Reactions: Super6Fan
Didn't watch the game because I am in Atlanta, but I just watched Alabam and Auburn and despite the disparity in records, Auburn did not roll over despite the score. Look at how tough uSuCk played Clemson, too. Not exactly the blowout those fans expected either I am sure. They call them rivalry games for a reason, when rivalries are involved you can't predict what will happen. We won. That is all that matters. TCU beat Baylor, so that is another team ahead of us who fell. We need to take care of business in the ACC title game and not worry about what happens.

Bottom line is this is BY FAR a better season than any of us dreamed it would be, especially after that first loss. I am going to enjoy the ride and laugh at the pig molestors for a while and wait to see where we play.

I don't understand why you couldn't watch the game "because you were in Atlanta"? They don't have ABC in Atlanta? Apparently they had CBS and whatever channel Clemson came on. You're a fan, right? Confused, I am.

We easily left 17 points on the field. But we won and 11-1, 8-0 feels awesome. Now let's go get the belt!
You'd think we lost reading some of the posts. It was an impressive win to me, rivalry games are always a crapshoot and you never know what can happen. If we score 7 when we threw the interception in the end zone, we go up 42-7 and I think the utter rout would have been on. Fumbling the ball later on kept it from being a total rout.

But you can bet one thing, NVSU players and fans are in misery this morning because they know we dominated their team. 11-1, nobody envisioned that at the beginning of the season. Enjoy people.

Fans at the game were beside themselves from jump street. Life was never in danger, but there was a little back-n-forth jawing. lot of shouting about Swofford, Cheats and refs. Good times.

Fans at the game were beside themselves from jump street. Life was never in danger, but there was a little back-n-forth jawing. lot of shouting about Swofford, Cheats and refs. Good times.
they have always been the sorest of losers.

I don't understand why you couldn't watch the game "because you were in Atlanta"? They don't have ABC in Atlanta? Apparently they had CBS and whatever channel Clemson came on. You're a fan, right? Confused, I am.
Obligations. Dropped my oldest off Friday evening for auditions for Spirit of Atlanta Drum & Bugle Corp and the wife and I had a mini vacation the rest of the weekend. Spent the day yesterday with her sightseeing and enjoying each other's company. Don't worry, it was DVR'd and will be watched when I get home. I did watch a few minutes of the 3rd quarter before we went to dinner but hat was it.

He is a senior and current QB's on woofie roster have 14 combined pass attepts.
brissett is a good quarterback overall and they'll miss him badly next year. in contrast, trubisky will be awesome for us. it's good to be a tar heel!!!

brissett is a good quarterback overall and they'll miss him badly next year. in contrast, trubisky will be awesome for us. it's good to be a tar heel!!!
Look at the QB's on our roster vs. the QB's on their roster. We should be set. McClendon is really the only QB with any kind of rating on theirs and his rating went up late when he had a couple of long throws in the shrine game(neither of which were completed). Funny the things that cause ratings to go up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT