ADVERTISEMENT

Tar Heels lacrosse today

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
versus Maryland.

We are the 2nd game. The match is expected to start at 2:30 Eastern/1:30 Central, on ESPN2.

versus Maryland.

We are the 2nd game. The match is expected to start at 2:30 Eastern/1:30 Central, on ESPN2.

Are you watching Hopkins-Syracuse? Assuming we beat Maryland (which is a huge assumption), I think I would rather play Syracuse than Hopkins. JHU is really hot right now and looks really good. Much more physical than Cuse too, which is not something we have handled well either.

Are you watching Hopkins-Syracuse? Assuming we beat Maryland (which is a huge assumption), I think I would rather play Syracuse than Hopkins. JHU is really hot right now and looks really good. Much more physical than Cuse too, which is not something we have handled well either.

I had to run an errand after posting this thread, so I only saw the last couple of minutes of the 2nd quarter.

I agree about Hopkins. If they come back to beat Cuse, they could be the team to win it all. The frosh and the upper classmen are clicking now.

We now know Cuse very well. Everybody on the team knows they should beat Cuse at least 2 of 3.

Great final 5 mins to that game. Hop has really come around

2-0 Maryland

Slow start. Losng face offs. Not getting ground balls. Defenseman stepping on midfield line.

Not fundamentally sound play by UNC so far.

3 boneheaded mistakes by the longsticks leads directly to 2 Maryland goals.

Long poles have been our weakness all season and looks no different today.

Great start for Maryland. Terrible start for Carolina.

Terps lead 4-1 at the end of 1st.

Burke needs to make some saves to bail us out.

And on offense, we need to quit trying to force it through slides and find the open man.

2 more ground balls for Maryland

Maryland is playing smarter, tougher lacrosse. And it's not close.

Finally - Bitter to Sankey. A good possession played with patience and smart ball movement.

5-2 Maryland

6-2 Maryland

The entire D sucks. Nobody remains in position for long. Nobody seems to be stepping up to stop the next maryland pass of shot. Burke does not seem to see the ball at all.

Waste of a man up and then a botched gimme. This ain't our day.

We had Man Up. and Maryland gol;aie makes the save. Then we gte it back, and another save.

Nothing is going right for us. Nothing.

7-2 Maryland. Then 8-2 Maryland

The UNC team looks like a bunch of freshmen and sophomores with no senior leadership. These guys seem frozen in the headlights.

This has been embarrassing. I've turned it off and would prefer to watch McIlroy run away with the Wells.

Just awful lacrosse. No communication on D, everyone trying to go 1on1 on offense.

Burke needs to sit.

Now the team that apparently wants us to believe it is brain dead gets a penalty for too many men on the field.

And Maryland takes advantage just after the penalty ends - 9-2

Bresci should fall on his sword.

We will be lucky to get out of this down 6 at half although not sure it matters. There is so much wrong with this team today it is pathetic.

Brings back memories of the 2008 final 4 basketball game.

Carolina baseball loses 6 out of its last 7, lacrosse 2 out of 3 and soon to be 3 out of 4. WTF is wrong with these guys?

Win the draw, no help, lose the possession, goal on a stick side high shot.

About sums it up

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT