ADVERTISEMENT

Tar Heels vs. Cards game thread

The Coastal is really weak right now. We should be able to beat dook, and UVA, but GT also has a terrible defense that we could put up serious points against. Pitt, Va Tech, and Miami will all be considerably easier to beat than L'ville and we hung with them for 3 quarters.

If we're lucky then the division will beat itself up and allow for a team with three ACC losses to win the division.
The team, especially the defense, is not very good. In fact, if we just look at the defense, the team is actually pretty bad, except for maybe two players.

Can you imagine the ACC CG if we somehow limped and fell into it???

I think the team has maybe 4 wins this season. If they win 5, I'll be shocked. And, even with that, the defense NEVER gets any better. It's like Fedora's race car has chrome on the outside of his shade-tree engine and then drives on bald tires.

The team, especially the defense, is not very good. In fact, if we just look at the defense, the team is actually pretty bad, except for maybe two players.

Can you imagine the ACC CG if we somehow limped and fell into it???

I think the team has maybe 4 wins this season. If they win 5, I'll be shocked. And, even with that, the defense NEVER gets any better. It's like Fedora's race car has chrome on the outside of his shade-tree engine and then drives on bald tires.

If we get to the ACCCG theres a decent chance we could be playing the same L'ville team we just lost to. I'm not saying that I like our chances of winning the coastal. Just saying that we can compete for it.

If we get to the ACCCG theres a decent chance we could be playing the same L'ville team we just lost to. I'm not saying that I like our chances of winning the coastal. Just saying that we can compete for it.
We're definitely going to compete for it... like every other team in the coastal! haha

I still say 4 wins, 5 if they get extremely lucky.

The Coastal is really weak right now. We should be able to beat dook, and UVA, but GT also has a terrible defense that we could put up serious points against. Pitt, Va Tech, and Miami will all be considerably easier to beat than L'ville and we hung with them for 3 quarters.
We can score but we can't stop anyone. IIRC, Fed said we gave up 9 catastrophic plays(10+ yards) against Cal. Yesterday was probably even worse. GT will rush for over 500 yards against us.

I believe I projected us to win 5 or 6 games, I might have been overzealous. That's a very depressing thought.

Clearly it was an ugly one for us. Definitely didn't hurt Lamar's chances for a repeat.
I wasn't very optimistic coming into this season. Not sure how anyone could be honestly. We lost 5 games last year, and probably lost more offensive production than any team in the country. We obviously already struggled defensively.

But we have a lot of negative going on right now. It's understandable, but I'll look at a couple bright spots, perhaps?

ARW had 5 KO returns for 199 yards and a TD. Think that may be a school record (yardage)
Proehl had 8 rec for 120 yards for a career high.
Both qbs went 29/37 for 398 3 td 0 int - that's nearly 80% with no turnovers!

A Smith is an absolute animal out there. I swear if he was on one of these "big time defense" schools he would be getting talked about every game. He's legit imo.
J Dalton - after that idiocy from last week. He showed he's seriously talented. He was moving his way in the backfield multiple times. I believe he had a couple TFL with a sack. And even though it was moot, he ran down their RB after a 75 yard run and made the tackle. We can at least say he didn't give up. The game was pretty much a wrap after the first down and he made it a point to not quit. We need that more than ever right now!

I'm frustrated as all get out. But damn I love this team!

Go Heels!!

Lets hope that Surratt is healthy and ready to go again next week. Getting him a full year of starts under his belt would ease the growing pains considerably.

Fedora has the look of a high end sports car, but the engine is like that of a 4 cylinder Hyndai.

All sizzle, no steak. It won't change while he's here....

benedetto-bufalino.JPG

Clearly it was an ugly one for us. Definitely didn't hurt Lamar's chances for a repeat.
I wasn't very optimistic coming into this season. Not sure how anyone could be honestly. We lost 5 games last year, and probably lost more offensive production than any team in the country. We obviously already struggled defensively.

But we have a lot of negative going on right now. It's understandable, but I'll look at a couple bright spots, perhaps?

ARW had 5 KO returns for 199 yards and a TD. Think that may be a school record (yardage)
Proehl had 8 rec for 120 yards for a career high.
Both qbs went 29/37 for 398 3 td 0 int - that's nearly 80% with no turnovers!

A Smith is an absolute animal out there. I swear if he was on one of these "big time defense" schools he would be getting talked about every game. He's legit imo.
J Dalton - after that idiocy from last week. He showed he's seriously talented. He was moving his way in the backfield multiple times. I believe he had a couple TFL with a sack. And even though it was moot, he ran down their RB after a 75 yard run and made the tackle. We can at least say he didn't give up. The game was pretty much a wrap after the first down and he made it a point to not quit. We need that more than ever right now!

I'm frustrated as all get out. But damn I love this team!

Go Heels!!
I love your optimism. Obviously, there were bright spots. But coaching(poor fundamentals, game management, decision making) will out in the end.

On the plus side, we might have the best punter in the nation.
Hope he doesn't have leg fatigue by mid season.

Fedora has the look of a high end sports car, but the engine is like that of a 4 cylinder Hyndai.

All sizzle, no steak. It won't change while he's here....

You really need to learn another metaphor.

The effect does tend to wear off when you use the same one over and over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT