ADVERTISEMENT

WVU vs UNC game thread…

Seems like the best way to reenergize the fan base is to start over
The thing is this site or IC Will not ask Mack tough questions…Like how do you think the fanbase feels about losing to your rivals and bowl games…Also to Coach Davis about losing….Watch what they ask a bunch of BS…Both sites….

The thing is this site or IC Will not ask Mack tough questions…Like how do you think the fanbase feels about losing to your rivals and bowl games…Also to Coach Davis about losing….Watch what they ask a bunch of BS…Both sites….
Can’t step on anyone’s toes

Blow it up and start over
The issue now is that others have signed new coaches who might have done well in Chapel Hill. And I think that Mack's tongue is so slick he holds power to perhaps name his successor, Mack is the type who might choose to prove his power by naming Tim Cross his successor.

The issue now is that others have signed new coaches who might have done well in Chapel Hill. And I think that Mack's tongue is so slick he holds power to perhaps name his successor, Mack is the type who might choose to prove his power by naming Tim Cross his successor.
Gene takes over smh

Seems like the best way to reenergize the fan base is to start over
Fanbase wouldn't be reenergized by that. And there isn't a hire that could be made to do that either. The fanbase is pretty much gone until the team starts winning.

Mack is going to use his charm and sales acumen to side step every question, tough or not, just like he did last night. Andrew asked him about the special teams mishaps and Mack responds with how well Burnett has kicked this year. Asked him about the fan turnout and he applauds WVU for having a big crowd. Changes will be made, will it move the needle, I doubt it until Mack retires.

Reactions: ncjeff
Now from this bowl game, first the whole announce crew seemed to need to make this game a running mayo joke, once or twice fine but all freakin game to the point it just jumped the shark hard. Now I didn't expect us to win, in fact the spread as it was looked like easy money, we just were without to many of our regular rotation guys to have been real competitive. We went from 3 top shelf TEs to none for this game, went from a top 5 pick in the next NFL draft at QB to a guy that is a transfer waiting to happen, he is barely a back up level guy. While I am sure it will be tagged as a competition for starting QB next season, the gig will be Max Johnson's to lose and I expect when that final announcement happens Harrell will transfer, may as well go ahead and enter the portal and let us maybe get a decent back up. Really liked what the Kost kid and the freshman LB gave us, those kids have a bright future.

Special teams is a joke, who ever is working with them has to go now... After yesterday the special teams coaching should resign and save the embarrassment of being fired.

What has killed us for so long, prior to Mack coming back is still killing us, still not in any way fixed, the trenches on both sides of the ball. Oh no, it isn't a lack of talent, we have 4 and 5 star guys al over our 2 deep in the trenches but they are playing like 2 stars. Word around the NCAA from teams that have played us is that UNC is extremely talented but poorly coached.

Look at the OLine, big time center that will play in the NFL and our best o-lineman is a transfer from Coastal Carolina in Will lampkin, who played center for us yesterday? Your best player on your o-line you didn't develop, coaching at Coastal did? 4 and 5 star guys al over our 3 deep on that line and we could not protect our big time QB? At least 2 and maybe 3 NFL quality TEs, one of if not the best backs in the country in Hampton and we can't get Drake that extra half second to find a receiver? Some of that is scheme but most of it is really poor execution. Our d-linemen can't seem to get off their blocks but the other teams lives in our back field?

At least the oline would get in the way of a rusher so Hampton could have a sliver to run thru, about all he needs but really want to see a problem, look at our defensive line, filled with 4 and 5 star guys 2 and 3 deep. Yet 3rd string QBs are torching us thru the air mostly due to having all day to make the pass, how many yards would Drake have passed for having that kind of time? LOL It was Sam running for his life before Drake was running for his. And the out come, we had to score near 50 to win a game.

Since his return to UNC Mack has increased our talent level, he has won more games than we were used to, and NCAA "investigators" have not bought homes in Chapel Hill but we have peaked. WE are not going to get any better than this until we begin to develop and field MUCH MUCH better O and D lines that produce. And the "special teams" coaching is just a complete non-funny joke. It really doesn't matter who the QB is, doesn't matter who his receivers are. It doesn't matter who we have in our secondary or how hard it will be to replace Grey as long as this line is unable to get off their blocks.

All that means is that the O&D line coaches need to go, the special teams coach has to go, I feel like Chiz needs to go and take his bend but not break defense with him out the door. It really doesn't matter if doing so has talented guys not commit to us, ones on the team enter the portal, it doesn't really matter, I don't really care if we lose 4 and 5 star guys that are playing like 2 stars, would rather have 3 stars that played like 3 stars. I do hope our AD has some quiet feelers out to gauge the interest if Mack were to no longer be our head coach, if Mack does not dismiss the coaches that are just not getting the job done in the next week then frankly it will be time for him to go as well. Personally, I think the game has passed him by as far as his being the coach, maybe make him a special advisor to the program but leave the coaching to someone that has the hunger he had when he coached us the first time that he no longer has.

Reactions: ncjeff
Those who ask Mack tough questions get barred from or isolated at press conferences.

Mack is going to use his charm and sales acumen to side step every question, tough or not, just like he did last night. Andrew asked him about the special teams mishaps and Mack responds with how well Burnett has kicked this year. Asked him about the fan turnout and he applauds WVU for having a big crowd. Changes will be made, will it move the needle, I doubt it until Mack retires.
He is super slick tongue. Mack could be a very successful politician or PR man for the Mafia or anything else. He could cheat the masses by getting them to fund him finding the Philosopher's Stone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT