ADVERTISEMENT

Tar Heels vs. JMU Dukes game thread

Chizik better work overtime. Allowing JMU to score 28 points is embarrassing!

Pitt played Oklahoma State and put-up 38 points on them. Of course, they also managed to lose by a TD, but OK State is not JMU.

UNC's defense better get a lot better and fast!

Reactions: randman1
and mizzou, who stinks on offense, is going to beat georgia.

just like lsu and scarolina, we'll never get that back.

Georgia sucks and they beat us. Yes, we handled Illinois and James Madison, but didn't dominate the whole game.

We have potential. We could beat Pitt. We could lose our next 4 games as well if we don't play better. In fact, we may be barely bowl eligible.

Our offense has potential to be unstoppable but we suffer from terrible play calling and a QB who could be great but isn't there yet for the whole game. We incur a lot of unnecessary penalties, and though we have 2 phenom running backs, we don't and won't design the offense around them.

We better get better quick, or we could easily lost to Pitt, FSU, maybe VA Tech and Miami.

Reactions: gteeitup
oh, bulldogs scored.

but i agree, who knows who will show up...this is year five, shouldn't have these issues.

Deems May said it best: Their offense punched us right in the mouth and their defense was terrible so we were able to impose our will , we had better improve fast or James Conner and Dalvin Cook will run all over us.

Our Offense looked great,but we better get a lot better on Defense or we are gonna have some ugly losses bottom line.I know we are young in certain areas but we gotta step it up.Chizik better start crapping better schemes.

Reactions: strummingram
Looked like a large crowd for JMU. The stadium was not embarrassing on tv.
Attendance listed on goheels.com at 56,000. Nowhere near that, IMO. However, it was better than I expected. The Blue Zone was practically empty, but I realize those folks have the option to watch the game inside with A/C. The student section was pretty full. Low energy level in the crowd I thought which probably had a lot to do with the heat and the perceived level of the competition. Hope it's better this week.

Attendance listed on goheels.com at 56,000. Nowhere near that, IMO. However, it was better than I expected. The Blue Zone was practically empty, but I realize those folks have the option to watch the game inside with A/C. The student section was pretty full. Low energy level in the crowd I thought which probably had a lot to do with the heat and the perceived level of the competition. Hope it's better this week.
You know how we love to "eyeball" attendance, lol. Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised overall but it was hot and we were stinking it up on defense so there wasn't much enthusiasm. The early forecast for Pitt calls for another hot one. Ugh.

Just a fantastic game by Mitch, may be the best over all game from a UNC QB I can recall. I mean, his completion % alone was remarkable. Of course he got a lot of help but that kid throws a really pretty and catchable ball, just fantastic stuff. 3 different WRs with TD catches, spreading the ball around. And our tail backs in Hood and Logan, it is a Thunder & Lightening dynamic duo and this season, you can not load up the box to stop our backs or Mitch will kill you thru the air.

And of course, when you see a great QB game as we did yesterday and a great running game as we did yesterday, you have to give a lot of credit to the big uglies that plow the way, our Oline guys are really good. If we can get our dline playing at the level our oline plays this team is hard to sto0p. Not sure we have enough beef on that dline and looks like we have already lost a fine young frosh Dlineman for the season is a blow espcially hard to take. Hope Naz is ready to rock next week.

You know how we love to "eyeball" attendance, lol. Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised overall but it was hot and we were stinking it up on defense so there wasn't much enthusiasm. The early forecast for Pitt calls for another hot one. Ugh.

Raise, it was hard to see us kicking PTAs in to a lot of empty seats on TV, glad to hear it was better at the game.

I'm not as down on this team as many seem to be. Our DL is injury plagued and was a question mark coming in anyway. As for JMU, I believe they'd beat at least half the teams in the ACC. There's a reason they were ranked 8th in the FCS, they have a very potent offense.

Look guys, we knew coming in that we couldn't afford injuries on the DL and that defending the run was our biggest challenge. That hasn't changed and remains our weakness. But we have a very potent offense that is going to have to carry the defense, again something we knew coming into this season. I just hope our DL can get healthy soon, we could certainly use a couple of guys back for Pitt. They're going to be a handful.

On a side note, I'm pulling for the Dawgs to continue to win. The more they win, the less galling that lose will be to me.

I'm not as down on this team as many seem to be. Our DL is injury plagued and was a question mark coming in anyway. As for JMU, I believe they'd beat at least half the teams in the ACC. There's a reason they were ranked 8th in the FCS, they have a very potent offense.

Look guys, we knew coming in that we couldn't afford injuries on the DL and that defending the run was our biggest challenge. That hasn't changed and remains our weakness. But we have a very potent offense that is going to have to carry the defense, again something we knew coming into this season. I just hope our DL can get healthy soon, we could certainly use a couple of guys back for Pitt. They're going to be a handful.

On a side note, I'm pulling for the Dawgs to continue to win. The more they win, the less galling that lose will be to me.
I think you are getting a little carried away on your rating of JM. if they can beat half of the teams in the conference then we got a terrible conference. Deems May said post game that JM's defense was terrible and that he was watching from the end zone and the holes that the JM OL opened up were embarrassing. Our guys just don't seem to understand the concept of tackling low. I did think at least a couple of the unsportsmanlike calls were just bush league. Refs shouldn't try and make themselves the center of attention. I can understand the late hits but a little mouthing and still SMMFH on why Austin Proehl of all people was called for one. I'm not sure but It seemed most of them came from the same official.

I think you are getting a little carried away on your rating of JM. .
Well perhaps I am but I think they'd beat ECU, NVSU, BC, Syracuse, Wake, Dook, and UVA.

Does our defense need to get much better? Absolutely. Especially along the DL. But don't forget our DL is in bad shape, health wise. That certainly doesn't help.

Reactions: tarheel0910
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT