ADVERTISEMENT

Tar Heels vs. Seminoles game thread

Meh. I try not to judge people by what they poast in the heat of the moment. Definitely not our best work lol. And you have to admit, both games looked unwinnable. We very easily could be 0-2 in conference right now.

I don't like to post during a game because I like everyone go thru emotional ups and downs that swing between lost hope we can pull this off. IN basketball if we are up by 15 and there is still 5mins left, I am not comfortable and I darn sure was not comfortable with a 21-0 lead yesterday or 28-7 in the 3rd. I am not gonna lie about it, back to back weeks I thought we had lost after the other teams scored their last points only to be treated to incredible last second wins, not just good or even great wins but more IMO LEGENDARY wins, games we will talk about many many years from now.

Tell ya this, those folks that have been trying to beat the traffic by leaving games early, kinda think they may be sticking around a while longer now, who the heck would want to miss the last 2mins of a UNC football game now after what we have seen in back to back weeks?

Dsouthr, you again hit it right on the head. We have both been around a long time and have seen NUMEROUS comebacks by Carolina sports teams and giving up hope on a game or leaving early is something neither one of us can stomach or understand...I hope to continue to ENJOY the ride that Carolina athletes give us all week after week...

Emotions do run very high during games. And we would be 0-2 right now if we didn't have a ton of heart and one of the coolest customers at QB that I've ever seen wear the baby blue. That young man will play on Sundays one day. He has size, arm strength, accuracy, a very quick release, and most importantly, poise under pressure. Oh, and he goes through his progressions very quickly too. And while he's blessed with some very good backs and receivers, he's the rock that the team is built on. He always looks so serene, like he's playing a pickup game in the backyard. Can't tell you how impressed I am with this guy.

How about these numbers?

133-175, 1711 yards, 76% completion rate, 9.78 YPA, 13 TD's, 0 INT's, QB rating of 182.6.

Granted, there have been some amazing games from QBs across the country so far this season but there is no other QB in the country doing what Mitch is doing. Those stats just boggle the mind and Mitch did it yesterday on the road at FSU, you don't go on the road to FSU and do that. What may be the most amazing aspect is watch him after a great play, watch him on the side lines, watch him in interviews, he is so humble, on such an even keel, does not let his success go to his head. We may be watching the next Tom Brady while he is still in college, wouldn't it be something if he were drafted by the Patriots when he enters the NFL?

Granted, there have been some amazing games from QBs across the country so far this season but there is no other QB in the country doing what Mitch is doing. Those stats just boggle the mind and Mitch did it yesterday on the road at FSU, you don't go on the road to FSU and do that. What may be the most amazing aspect is watch him after a great play, watch him on the side lines, watch him in interviews, he is so humble, on such an even keel, does not let his success go to his head. We may be watching the next Tom Brady while he is still in college, wouldn't it be something if he were drafted by the Patriots when he enters the NFL?
Love 'em or hate 'em, I think it's pretty obvious that the Patriots are the best organization in football, hands down. Know who would fit right in there? Switz, he's another Wes Welker. Identical size, great route runner, great hands, and very elusive.

Reactions: DSouthr
Sorry, but that was undoubtedly a safety.
Wasn't even close to a safety. Should have been marked at the 1 and not the 2 though.

The punt I was unsure of because I never saw a good angle. I thought it was possible he had touched the ball first, but it is possible the punter just shanked it to avoid him hitting it.

Sorry, but if it wasn't even close they never would have called it a safety initially.
There was confusion if he ran backwards or was pushed back. The fact they spotted the ball all the way out at the 2 should show you have close it really was in their eyes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT