ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee at UNC game thread 29 November 2023

There's always 1 guy that destroys us.. we have to figure out our defensive problem FAST

Kentucky had a lead and KEPT their lead.. we can't

There's always 1 guy that destroys us.. we have to figure out our defensive problem FAST

Kentucky had a lead and KEPT their lead.. we can't
Kentucky actually had a 10 point lead in the first half yesterday, and then Miami went on a run and went up by 7 later in the first half.

Biggest thing that happened for UK was Wagner got hurt. So Calipari was forced to play Sheppard and Dillingham more in the 2nd half. I've watched them this year. Wagner has been bad more often than he's been good. Sheppard and Dillingham have both played better. If Wagner doesn't get hurt, Cal probably continues to play him and the game probably is a lot closer. Also Miami might be a tad overrated bc they don't have much depth and foul trouble really hurt them.

The big thing to watch with UK is Calipari. He wants to play his bigs, but all 3 centers are out. So he's been forced to play small ball with 5 guys out, and this team excels at that. When his Centers become available will he go back to his preferred style or will he keep them on the bench? And will he keep trying to force Wagner to be the starting PG to show him off for the draft?

Why would that matter what UK did..That has no bearing on UNC what so ever…Also we play UK in a few weeks the score of that game will be all that matters…
Why does it matter? Because what they did is impressive. You want to keep the hammer down. Being up 24 and only winning by 8 is concerning. You can't tell me it's not.. this is Tennessee, not Kentucky.. if we do that against Kentucky, we are gonna get steam rolled.

I am by no means talking bad about our guys.. but every game we have played in so far (Villanova, Arkansas, and now Tennessee) we have blown our leads. We were up by 9 on Villanova and lost. It's concerning to me when we can't hold a lead.. luckily with Arkansas we fought back.

If this team finds a way to hold a lead, we will be dangerous.

Reactions: keysersosay#1
Why does it matter? Because what they did is impressive. You want to keep the hammer down. Being up 24 and only winning by 8 is concerning. You can't tell me it's not.. this is Tennessee, not Kentucky.. if we do that against Kentucky, we are gonna get steam rolled.
You think so…I don’t know but I think Tennessee is a way better team than Miami…The Canes laid down last night and might be a tad overrated this year…It’s still so early…We will see..

We put up a Hundo & beat the #10 team in the country & this guy is bitching! SMH

This team is still growing and learning long way to go and really need to work on last 5 minutes and keeping leads. Vastly different/better team than last year...no comparison

BTW dookies down by ten at Ark...who is playing without the guy who dropped 34 on us

Reactions: Heelicious
Arkansas beats Duke 80-75 without their best player.
Arkansas tried to give it away late. All those guards and none of them could handle dook's press.

But dook lost so that's all that matters. It was the first time dook played @ an SEC opponent since 1992, just reiterating how rare it was for Coach K to play true road games.

I believe this means the inaugural ACC/SEC Challenge ends in a 7-7 tie.

Reactions: Heelicious
Good win! I think the fight that TN put up in the 2nd half, and the Heels withstood their comeback, only helps. TN's defense is too good to get blown-out. UNC helped them out a little- empty possessions, turnovers, etc.... But, the boys hung on and fought it out and won. Dazzled in the first half and overcame adversity in the 2nd. Knecht carried TN all the way. UNC hung 100 on that defense!

The team looks better this year, for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT