ADVERTISEMENT

The anti-UNC ACC officiating bias

there are plenty of people who don't want unc to be a contender in football. are there any refs who secretly share that feeling? i think so, but i can't prove it.

Except you are forgetting, in your rush to defend the zebras, that Switz was HIT after catching the ball... IF your scenario was true, there should have been a flag... on wake.

I'm not defending them. They screwed up. And continue to screw up, week after week after week, and not just in UNC games.

I'm saying they are terrible... Incompetent... In over their heads, whatever. I just don't agree with the premise that there is some widespread conspiracy by the refs to screw UNC, and quite frankly, find it laughable when any team's fans (I've seen a few of these posts recently on different boards - there is one on Pitt's as we speak, I've seen it on FSU's, Clemson's, and NC State's boards) suggest it.

Reactions: Raising Heel
Except you are forgetting, in your rush to defend the zebras, that Switz was HIT after catching the ball... IF your scenario was true, there should have been a flag... on wake.
If the receiver gives a signal and then runs he can be hit and it's not a penalty. Switzer never gave a signal so the ref could not have seen one , he just got confused as the wake coverage let up when Switzer kind of nonchalanted it to decoy them. What I can't get through to jazzba is an inadvertent whistle is much worse than a wrong call especially to those in the referee community. There are wrong calls in every game but how many inadvertent whistles do you hear? Inadvertent whistles are the epitome of incompetence and not being in the game mentally..

If the receiver gives a signal and then runs he can be hit and it's not a penalty. Switzer never gave a signal so the ref could not have seen one , he just got confused as the wake coverage let up when Switzer kind of nonchalanted it to decoy them. What I can't get through to jazzba is an inadvertent whistle is much worse than a wrong call especially to those in the referee community. There are wrong calls in every game but how many inadvertent whistles do you hear? Inadvertent whistles are the epitome of incompetence and not being in the game mentally..

No, you are missing the point. When Switz caught it, BEFORE he started running, a wake player hit him. Go look at the Vine again and you will see. Didn't tackle Switz, but definitely hit him. So IF the ref saw the "fair catch" there was ZERO chance he didn't see the wake player hit Switz...

No, you are missing the point. When Switz caught it, BEFORE he started running, a wake player hit him. Go look at the Vine again and you will see. Didn't tackle Switz, but definitely hit him. So IF the ref saw the "fair catch" there was ZERO chance he didn't see the wake player hit Switz...
OK got your point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT