ADVERTISEMENT

This Trump presser today -- pure gold

Oh, well, you're lukewarm as usual.

I'm sure DJT knew all about Ryan's stealth status. He knows what he's told, so... anything is possible.
What is it with you and the lukewarm thing? You would think you could come up with something better and more accurate than that.

If he's out of touch, how did he win?
He even explained that 37 years ago! And, the irony of this clip is staggering:

A person doesn't have to actually BE in-touch with his constituency in order to win their favor! Is this your first trip to the freak show?

Here ya go; Do you really think YOU are in-touch with how HE lives HIS life?

He even explained that 37 years ago! And, the irony of this clip is staggering:

A person doesn't have to actually BE in-touch with his constituency in order to win their favor! Is this your first trip to the freak show?

Here ya go; Do you really think YOU are in-touch with how HE lives HIS life?

37 years ago...you're really reaching now.

Contrarily, do you believe that the Democratic party is in-touch?

37 years ago...you're really reaching now.

Yeah... good point. Toss that Bible because, hell, it's over 2000 years old. No one thinks like that now!

It wouldn't matter if that statement were made today or 100 years ago. I only used HIS statement because of the source being relevant since he is now president. The point was; You don't have to actually be a part of your constituency in order to gain their favor.

I don't believe political groups are in or out of touch with anything necessarily.

Politics is like religion and any other institution that needs a certain element to exist so THEY can exist. It's self-preservation. If everyone (average citizens) coexisted on their own abilities, there'd be no need for politics, government, or religion. So, those things must create (and maintain) polarities to ensure their relevance.

Yeah... good point. Toss that Bible because, hell, it's over 2000 years old. No one thinks like that now!

It wouldn't matter if that statement were made today or 100 years ago. I only used HIS statement because of the source being relevant since he is now president. The point was; You don't have to actually be a part of your constituency in order to gain their favor.

Strum,

I am sure this is mutual, but you never cease to amaze me. Are you seriously comparing the Bible, which is a first-hand account of what factually happened during that time...to a person's opinion 37 years ago? Wow.

I don't believe political groups are in or out of touch with anything necessarily.

Politics is like religion and any other institution that needs a certain element to exist so THEY can exist. It's self-preservation. If everyone (average citizens) coexisted on their own abilities, there'd be no need for politics, government, or religion. So, those things must create (and maintain) polarities to ensure their relevance.

This is getting better and better. Anarchy, anyone?

I don't have any more comment than I've alreadu offered but I just want to say that I'm completely enjoying the daily meltdown from the left. For me, it's like duke losing a game every day. I said I was going to get off of a Facebook for a while but I can't do it. I'm not commenting on people's poasts (I've never been big on that), but watching people crying daily has been entertainment gold.

That's it. I'm out until Tuesday. GFY everybody.

Reactions: nctransplant
Strum,

I am sure this is mutual, but you never cease to amaze me. Are you seriously comparing the Bible, which is a first-hand account of what factually happened during that time...to a person's opinion 37 years ago? Wow.
I'm using an extreme as a comparison because you decided to disregard a truth because it was 37 years old. WTF does it matter when he said it? It doesn't even matter that HE said it. I only used his comment because he HAPPENS to be president NOW. Forget that I used his statement. Forget that he even said it. He;s not the only person to be aware of it.

The point is (and has been for 3 posts now): YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A PART OF YOUR CONSTITUENCY TO GAIN THEIR FAVOR! So, if you believe that because he "won" that he is automatically in-touch with his constituency, then this must be your first trip to the carnival.

This is getting better and better. Anarchy, anyone?
Anarchy doesn't automatically equal chaos. It does if all of us think like you. But, we don't all think like you. Unfortunately, enough of us do, so those institutions remain relevant and probably will for a long time.

Strum,

I can't go around in circles with you all afternoon here. I actually have work to get done. We would get nowhere anyway...you think what you think, and there's no changing that. Enjoy the afternoon, man.

It's a little frightening to me that Trump's supporters just gloss over the point of the Smith rant.
I'm not glossing over it. Your insinuation was that Fox doesn't have anyone on the network that isn't 100% pro Trump and if they were they would get fired. I was just pointing out the fact that your insinuation is inaccurate.

Just because I don't completely trust them doesn't mean I can't watch/read what they are saying.
Exactly. I don't trust them but I certainly want to know what the "drivel du jour" is.

Oh, well, you're lukewarm as usual.

I'm sure DJT knew all about Ryan's stealth status. He knows what he's told, so... anything is possible.
Sorta like Obama not knowing anything about anything "until I heard it on the news, just like all of you"? How many times did he feed us that BS?

I'm using an extreme as a comparison because you decided to disregard a truth because it was 37 years old. WTF does it matter when he said it? It doesn't even matter that HE said it. I only used his comment because he HAPPENS to be president NOW. Forget that I used his statement. Forget that he even said it. He;s not the only person to be aware of it.

The point is (and has been for 3 posts now): YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A PART OF YOUR CONSTITUENCY TO GAIN THEIR FAVOR! So, if you believe that because he "won" that he is automatically in-touch with his constituency, then this must be your first trip to the carnival.
Obama said in his book he would side with the muslims.

I'm not glossing over it. Your insinuation was that Fox doesn't have anyone on the network that isn't 100% pro Trump and if they were they would get fired. I was just pointing out the fact that your insinuation is inaccurate.
I hope they don't. I was surprised, frankly. Then again, I don't watch their shows. I just saw the MM Tweet.

You're lukewarm, milquetoast. It's very accurate, from my point of view.

Again, an ironic statement. You crap on the right a ton. You somewhat crap on the left too. You're the one that's lukewarm, and not just in politics. You put a lot of effort into critiquing things, but you never take a stand on anything, outside of bizarre "if I wouldn't harm someone then there's no way they would harm me" and "we can't possibly begin to comprehend someone else's viewpoint if we're not the exact same age/gender/race as them" type statements.

Again, an ironic statement. You crap on the right a ton. You somewhat crap on the left too. You're the one that's lukewarm, and not just in politics. You put a lot of effort into critiquing things, but you never take a stand on anything, outside of bizarre "if I wouldn't harm someone then there's no way they would harm me" and "we can't possibly begin to comprehend someone else's viewpoint if we're not the exact same age/gender/race as them" type statements.
Nice el Harko

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
Exactly... I crap on them. I don't pretend otherwise. I'm quite vocal and distinct when I criticize or show favor. Critiquing them IS taking a stand! When have I left you in the dark about where I stand on an issue? I'm so distinct that you even create strawmen to try and challenge me. You know that better than anyone. If anything, I provide the adversary for the board, politically and socially... usually.

0910 is much less distinct. His contribution usually consists of seeing if he can undermine my critique. So, if critiquing is not taking a stand, then where is the "taking a stand" part in undermining the critique?

0910 is much less distinct. His contribution usually consists of seeing if he can undermine my critique. So, if critiquing is not taking a stand, then where is the "taking a stand" part in undermining the critique?
If you ever have any confusion as to where I stand on an issue feel free to ask me. Just because I don't rant and rave like a lunatic like some posters on this board do doesn't mean I don't take a stand.

Something he said years ago just like trump. Pay attention, sit up straight, follow along!
Okay? And? The context and the point of the statement are not even closely the same thing.

Do you really believe that a person who wins elections is always in-touch with his constituency? When I say "in touch", I mean- knows their plight, experiences life as they do? In the case of Donald Trump, he has no understanding of that at all. He can't possibly given his upbringing.

Okay? And? The context and the point of the statement are not even closely the same thing.

Do you really believe that a person who wins elections is always in-touch with his constituency? When I say "in touch", I mean- knows their plight, experiences life as they do? In the case of Donald Trump, he has no understanding of that at all. He can't possibly given his upbringing.
And Obama could?

And what you're describing about me is balanced, it has nothing to do with being lukewarm.

And what you're describing about me is balanced, it has nothing to do with being lukewarm. 0910 even thinks I'm a lunatic and I rant and Rave... that's hardly describing somebody who is lukewarm
Never said you were a lunatic. See my list above.

Ok, they don't do it about every single thing, but here are a few of them:

GSD
THN
Billy
UNC boy
HN
Chick
G7

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Is that satisfactory to you?
Definitely more distinct. Gracias.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT