ADVERTISEMENT

Tony Bradley?

Vote Now for your Favorite Tony Bradley Thread

• Tony Bradley?

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • When Tony Comes Back, Roy Will Make Sure He's A Star

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Do you think Tony Bradley is going to return?

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I think Bradley and Pinson will be back also

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 29, 2012
Savannah,GA
Any news ? Saw a nbadraft.net predicting a second round pick to Philadelphia. Wouldn't he be a lottery pick next year with a breakout season at UNC? Hate to see a one and done flop with his potential.

The combine is 9-14 I think or sometime next week so I wouldn't think we would hear anything to after that

This thread got me searching the Twitter and came across this. Don't know the guy or if there any truth to what he says, I'm just passing it along.

This thread got me searching the Twitter and came across this. Don't know the guy or if there any truth to what he says, I'm just passing it along.
If he was as good as gone he would have hired an agent by now..he might be gone and maybe will hire an agent, but as of now he hasn't! I don't see Sean May replying to a question like that, out of respect for Bradley and his decision...JMHO!

I'm hearing multiple sources saying he's 95% gone.........SMH......maybe he just doesn't like college.

I'm sure as of today he in pretty much gone. Now after he gets feedback & figures out where he'll be in the draft, his thought process might change.
Not many mock drafts have him in the 1st round.

Reactions: viking131
If mocks don't have him in the first round, I would imagine he would come back to CH. Tony that first contract is the most important.

The Draft Express mock was updated yesterday. Tony is listed at #34.

What makes it interesting is who he would have to push past to make it into the 1st round. All centers or PF/C.

33. Thomas Bryant (FR - Indiana)
32. Mathias Lessort (French)
31. Bam Adebayo (FR - Kentucky)
30. Caleb Swanigan (SO - Purdue)

I don't know anything about the French guy, but all the others are good players - and a bit surprising that they are this low.

If Draft Express is right, Tony will have to excel to make it into the guaranteed money. Not all of those guys are going to hurt themselves in the combine.

Meanwhile, NBADraft.net, updated Wednesday, has Tony at #39, with 4 different bigs between him and guaranteed money.

38. Ike Anigbogu (FR - UCLA)
36. Omer Yurtseven (FR - NC State)
32. Jordan Bell (JR - Oregon)
31. Kyle Kuzma (JR - Utah)

I think Tony can probably beat out most if not all of those guys. But remember, he also has to push past 5 other guys to smell paydirt. And then he's still just at #31.

Reactions: scoopinnena
Meanwhile, NBADraft.net, updated Wednesday, has Tony at #39, with 4 different bigs between him and guaranteed money.

38. Ike Anigbogu (FR - UCLA)
36. Omer Yurtseven (FR - NC State)
32. Jordan Bell (JR - Oregon)
31. Kyle Kuzma (JR - Utah)

I think Tony can probably beat out most if not all of those guys. But remember, he also has to push past 5 other guys to smell paydirt. And then he's still just at #31.
All that is true, however you are assuming everyone in front of him stays in the draft. Some might go back to school. That would bump Tony up just by staying in the draft. It's just really hard to predict what he will do at this point because we don't know who is coming back to school and who is staying in the draft.

The GM that drafts Yurtseven before TB ought to lose his job and anybody who would hire him after this should lose theirs!

Hope he comes back and rides with us to the FF again!

Daddy thinks Tony is better than he really is at this point in his career.
Going back to at least January --- after Tony was putting up early impressive numbers off the bench and getting media attention --- a few leeches in FL started getting in dad's ear and it got worse over the season. and make no mistake, what they've been telling him are lies.

I said weeks ago that the chances of Tony staying/going were at best 10/90. Hell, there was even talk that Sr. had hired an agent and just hadn't announced it yet (and I can't even swear that's not true).

There are only 2 things that could help us here. 1) I did hear that Roy gave them his reality cautionary talk about the draft --- I don't know if that did any good, but maybe it got some attention. And 2) that the evaluation they get from the scouts will give them a dose of cold water.

The voices in their ears have lied to them about Tony's draft potential --- just flat lied. In no way no how was he ever a lottery pick in this draft, and if you're not rated there as a freshman coming out, then stay the f*** in school. Even a late 1st round "grade" doesn't guarantee you actually get drafted there. However I worry that would be enough to reinforce the stars in the eyes.

Right now I rate our chances at 25/75 only because of the chances the Bradleys get an honest evaluation and it snaps them back to reality. I'm not optimistic but I'm hoping common sense will prevail. If he cares about his future he has no busness leaving.

All that is true, however you are assuming everyone in front of him stays in the draft. Some might go back to school. That would bump Tony up just by staying in the draft. It's just really hard to predict what he will do at this point because we don't know who is coming back to school and who is staying in the draft.
Good point.

The voices in their ears have lied to them about Tony's draft potential --- just flat lied.

What's the motivation that the hangers-on have for deceiving TB? I would figure if they're hoping to get their hands on some money he earns - that they're shooting themselves in the foot by having him leave school early and get a much smaller and unguaranteed contract, right?

What's the motivation that the hangers-on have for deceiving TB? I would figure if they're hoping to get their hands on some money he earns - that they're shooting themselves in the foot by having him leave school early and get a much smaller and unguaranteed contract, right?
Hark I think its pretty simple. Our society in a nutshell. "I WANT IT NOW, even though I know its not the best."

The yacht payment is due in July.

Same as usual. These guys are looking for a quick "finders fee", and double dip when they can.

I honestly believe that if Tony Bradley makes the jump this year he will be making an incredibly bad career move and although I find it easy to believe the leeches and fleas would push him to make the move now, I find it hard to believe his father would push him that hard... jmho.

Or maybe he wants to make his NBA dream come true and make 6+ figures?
If he can go & make 6 figures, then God bless him.

If he goes in the 2nd round, he'll be in the D league & no where near 6 figures. He better trust the right people when making his decision.

You mean like Justin very wisely decided not to do last year?

More like Ivan Rabb who, projected a Top 10 pick after announcing his return for his Sophomore season, is now projected a late First Rounder. Absolutely zero wrong with him getting the money now.

Could've sworn the consensus was pretty positive for him going to the draft if we won the championship. That sure changed up pretty quickly.

More like Ivan Rabb who, projected a Top 10 pick after announcing his return for his Sophomore season, is now projected a late First Rounder. Absolutely zero wrong with him getting the money now.

Could've sworn the consensus was pretty positive for him going to the draft if we won the championship. That sure changed up pretty quickly.
I just feel he can really be a top five pick next year if he returns and works on afew skills for another year. That would at least DOUBLE his earning for his first contract AND better prepare him to make the BIG BUCKS in the all-important second contract. Hate to see him make that mistake. Just my opinion though.

I think there are plenty who still feel that way. We're just quietly waiting for his decision.

<------- I don't begrudge ANY Tar Heel who brings home one of these for taking their shot at the NBA.

I honestly believe that if Tony Bradley makes the jump this year he will be making an incredibly bad career move and although I find it easy to believe the leeches and fleas would push him to make the move now, I find it hard to believe his father would push him that hard... jmho.
Lavar Ball

Every player path isn't going to be the same
No, but this one is about as close as you can get.
If he was projected lottery he would be wise to go unless he wanted to stay (like HB). Later 1st round lock? Then you have a decision to make. Anything less you come back and improve your stock. It shouldn't be complicated.

No it wasn't and it didn't.

And Rabb was projected WAY higher than Tony is right now.

If he blows the F up in the combine and gets a legit projection like Rabb's? Well ok. But if not that's a whole different ballgame.

Reactions: FlaTarHeel
Tony is a legit talent but he's still young and his body/strength and skill set is not ready for the NBA inside game. I'm a big TB fan but his first yr. college stats were in somewhat limited minutes and there's a big difference in coming in with fresh legs to spell a player in college and getting some good numbers as opposed to starting a college game and playing 20-25+ minutes against good competition and getting the same stats per minute average. TB was in a great situation this past year but aint no way he is ready for the grind and competition of a 100 game season at the next level just yet and anyone that tells him that has an agenda other than what's in Tony's best long term interest... jmho

TB ain't ready, plain and simple!

Take the money if it is there, but no GM in there right mind can realistically call TB a first round pick. Mark my words there will be at least 2 European big men taken before TB (no knowledge of who, but history says there will be some).

Might sound like I'm bashing TB, but he hasn't shown he can consistently do anything on a basketball court when the competition is high.

Please stay this time it's not about helping my team win, it is because draft night might be real heart breaking. Stay a year or 2 more because the NBA will play with you a couple of years if you're a first rounder. Nobody cares about a 2nd round project player.

We want one and done players. Lol. SMH

Last edited:
And Rabb was projected WAY higher than Tony is right now.

By a longgggg shot!
C74sj_hW0AAGQ0o.jpg:large

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT