Andre Greene Jr
Doc Chapman
George Pettaway
Deuce Caldwell
Justin Kanyuk
Sebastian Cheeks
Tayon Holloway
DJ Jones

Drake, Walker, Murphy, Gray declaring for NFL Draft.
That list of guys in the portal amounts to quite a lot of talent that went undeveloped at UNC, though Mack swears it is the best staff he ever has had.

No expert on cow college but they seem to be doing a good job in the portal. A couple of power 5 OL can never hurt.

Hope this isn’t a dumb question but how in the hell does State and so many other colleges seem to have more money and resources than UNC?

Hope this isn’t a dumb question but how in the hell does State and so many other colleges seem to have more money and resources than UNC?
I don't know if he is even involved, but State grad Jim Goodnight (SAS), for example, has more money than Jehovah. State produces people who make and work with things, and people who make and work with things tend to make more than people who talk about things. That's only half-joking.

Then add their behind-the-eight ball, chip-on-the-shoulder fan zealotry and it isn't surprising that they can scruff up some decent NIL deals.

Last edited:
Football Fanbase is larger and better than UNC…They also don’t have fans that pull for State in 1 sport…UNC we have way to many basketball only fans and Alabama or UGA etc in football fans…

Just look at THI on a small sample or TOS for a larger sample…

Reactions: chickenhunter
Football Fanbase is larger and better than UNC…They also don’t have fans that pull for State in 1 sport…UNC we have way to many basketball only fans and Alabama or UGA etc in football fans…

Just look at THI on a small sample or TOS for a larger sample…
I've been screaming abnoutb that problem for decades. UNC basketball fanatics who are Bam or Penn St to ND or Ohio St or Michigan or Florida or Tennessee, etc football fans. UNC basketball fanatics who barley pay any attention to CFB but LOVE them Redskins or Eagles or Giants or Steelers or Packers, and later the Panthers.

Grayson McCall to MooU. The Doeren culture at Moo is to have a D that eats dirt and razors and runs around looking to hit. When that bunch has a star and some depth, and then also a QB worth having, the Wufs are going to beat people.

They are playing the NIL game and have more money than UNC..

They should be Preseason 1 or 2 next year ACC…
Why would they be that high? That's a pretty high pedestal you are putting them on. Definitely a big overreaction to their win.

Why would they be that high? That's a pretty high pedestal you are putting them on. Definitely a big overreaction to their win.
Not a overreaction just because they beat us…What they have landed in the portal and coming back and looking at the rest of the league who would you put over them…

Don’t get me wrong old Doren is a below average HC and his record says so…

Not a overreaction just because they beat us…What they have landed in the portal and coming back and looking at the rest of the league who would you put over them…

Don’t get me wrong old Doren is a below average HC and his record says so…
FSU, Clemson and UL at the very least.

FSU, Clemson and UL at the very least.
Clemson is losing a ton and they aren't big portal players. UL too advantage of one of the easiest schedules in the conference this year to get to the championship game. I don't think their schedule will be as friendly next year. FSU lost Jordan Travis is TBD. I think the league is pretty open next year. And to the players point, State is having a tremendous portal season and unless they have a number of key guys on defense decide to announce they are leaving post bowl game, the roster of returning players will be better overall than it was this year.

I've been screaming abnoutb that problem for decades. UNC basketball fanatics who are Bam or Penn St to ND or Ohio St or Michigan or Florida or Tennessee, etc football fans. UNC basketball fanatics who barley pay any attention to CFB but LOVE them Redskins or Eagles or Giants or Steelers or Packers, and later the Panthers.

Spell Check is your friend. Maybe some wheat with that barley?

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Just another @WoadBlue screed about how terrible UNC fans are. He's eaten up with football.
Truth is truth. And there never has been enough money in basketball to ever be able to save any league that lacks money and power in football. If you like being powerless before the BT and SE, then by all means beg FSU and Clemson to leave the ACC and then beg a couple more basketball giants to replace them.

In terms of power to to survive without being charitably supported, college basketball is to college football as college women's basketball is to college men's basketball.

Refusal to accept reality always leads to ruin. And world history says that people most deeply and widely embrace unreality as its decadence is approaching its ultimate explosion.

Truth is truth. And there never has been enough money in basketball to ever be able to save any league that lacks money and power in football. If you like being powerless before the BT and SE, then by all means beg FSU and Clemson to leave the ACC and then beg a couple more basketball giants to replace them.

In terms of power to to survive without being charitably supported, college basketball is to college football as college women's basketball is to college men's basketball.

Refusal to accept reality always leads to ruin. And world history says that people most deeply and widely embrace unreality as its decadence is approaching its ultimate explosion.
Please tag anyone on this site that has said that basketball brings in more money than football. That basketball is more important financially. I'll wait...

Actually no I won't because no one has said that. You want to bitch and complain and make yourself feel better when you say "truth is truth." All you've said is water is wet.

Reactions: Archer2
Please tag anyone on this site that has said that basketball brings in more money than football. That basketball is more important financially. I'll wait...

Actually no I won't because no one has said that. You want to bitch and complain and make yourself feel better when you say "truth is truth." All you've said is water is wet.
yeah, but he's saying water is wet and getting argument about it. Maybe he should say truth is wet. I defy anyone to prove it isn't.

It proves he's full of shit. That was the point of the post.
so, truth is shit was your point? Because I think there's a lot of truth in what he says. I guess I could be FOS too, but I'm sure I'd have a hard time convincing you of that. Har har.

The truth is, he said there isn't enough money in BB to save a league lacking in football money. That does not necessarily equate to BB having more money than football. Just not enough money.

so, truth is shit was your point? Because I think there's a lot of truth in what he says. I guess I could be FOS too, but I'm sure I'd have a hard time convincing you of that. Har har.

The truth is, he said there isn't enough money in BB to save a league lacking in football money. That does not necessarily equate to BB having more money than football. Just not enough money.
Are you being obtuse or trolling?

Let’s leave this thread about outgoing players in the portal…

I don’t agree with a lot of what Woad says by no means but he has his points…Just start another thread to discuss it…And any true UNC fan knows basketball has always been pushed before the Football Program…

Reactions: bluetoe
Saw where some Georgia fans are questioning ole Kirby’s coaching all of a sudden with the amount of guys hitting the portal. Welcome to what everyone else is dealing with.

Saw where some Georgia fans are questioning ole Kirby’s coaching all of a sudden with the amount of guys hitting the portal. Welcome to what everyone else is dealing with.
The guy coaches an undefeated regular season and there's discontent. They'd won like 30 games in a row. You can't please some crackers.

Reactions: 2DDIMOND
You say the same about UGA…They have a bunch of guys leaving…It’s not just UNC and Mack so you can stop that narrative…
The two situations are not close to the same. At UGA, 12 win seasons are the norm, which means there is so much well developed talent that there is literally no room for all kinds of very good players to get on the field, even on special teams. At UNC, losing 3-5 games rot teams you are favored to beat is normal, which means there is HUGE room for good players, well developed players, to rise up.

Reactions: bluetoe
the money thing blows my effing mind…wtf does carolina have to do to anymore…oh wait, i know, give a damn.
Need to do a better job with the big donors. They are sending money to the school instead of the collective. It's not just football, it's all sports. And I'd love to see the numbers compared to moo. I seriously doubt they have a significant amount more than us. They have a smaller fanbase and going by viewership has a less interested one as well.

What is the actual hit rate on a player coming out of high school…Meaning how many turn into multi year starters..If you have a class of 25 how many make it…

Tony Grimes was a 5 Star coming out of HighSchool and played every year at UNC he played 0 snaps this year at A&M…Now is that the coaches fault or was he simply a bust…

The two situations are not close to the same. At UGA, 12 win seasons are the norm, which means there is so much well developed talent that there is literally no room for all kinds of very good players to get on the field, even on special teams. At UNC, losing 3-5 games rot teams you are favored to beat is normal, which means there is HUGE room for good players, well developed players, to rise up.
truth, as I see it. We react to the skin of the onion without peeling some layers back. The skin of the onion is that these programs have players going into the portal, so they have the same problem. But peel the skin off and see that the problem is very different. Players want to play and players want to develop and players want to win. There's more room for them to play at a Carolina than there is at a Georgia. There's more chance to win at other programs than at Carolina. Trying to develop is problematic if you don't play OR if you play but aren't being well-coached.

That Georgia is losing players to the portal to me indicates a healthy program, and that players are leaving us is NOT an indication of a healthy program.

truth, as I see it. We react to the skin of the onion without peeling some layers back. The skin of the onion is that these programs have players going into the portal, so they have the same problem. But peel the skin off and see that the problem is very different. Players want to play and players want to develop and players want to win. There's more room for them to play at a Carolina than there is at a Georgia. There's more chance to win at other programs than at Carolina. Trying to develop is problematic if you don't play OR if you play but aren't being well-coached.

That Georgia is losing players to the portal to me indicates a healthy program, and that players are leaving us is NOT an indication of a healthy program.
Okay that last part…No doubt UGA is a healthy program…Now where does UNC fall with the rest of the country…

So every program has guys leaving..How do you decide who is healthy and who is not LOL….

What is the actual hit rate on a player coming out of high school…Meaning how many turn into multi year starters..If you have a class of 25 how many make it…

Tony Grimes was a 5 Star coming out of HighSchool and played every year at UNC he played 0 snaps this year at A&M…Now is that the coaches fault or was he simply a bust…
Wow didn’t realize grimes never played

Okay that last part…No doubt UGA is a healthy program…Now where does UNC fall with the rest of the country…

So every program has guys leaving..How do you decide who is healthy and who is not LOL….
"So every program has guys leaving..How do you decide who is healthy and who is not LOL…."

easy. Just review our season. Review last season too if you want to see if there's a pattern. I'm not sure if you saw that I placed UNC in the UNhealthy category.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT