ADVERTISEMENT

Tre Harbison has committed to UVa.

Originally posted by HeelFan58:

Not sure our interest level in him.
I think we have been bigger on Robert Washington. But Harbaugh seems to really want him at Michigan. And Harbuagh knows how to use RBs - as opposed to run the QB.

saw him in the title game Shelby/Havelock
...stud best player on the field and a lot of talent was on the field that day...wish him the best luck...have a lot of talent at the position though

How many RB's are we planning to sign this year?
Just guessing, but we'll probably only take one, possibly two if one is too good to pass up. We only lose Romar Morris to graduation. We'll still have Logan, Francis (possible redshirt?), Hood, and Ty'son Williams (who looks like he has a good chance to contribute this season, especially if Francis is held out). QB and RB are the two positions we have the most quality depth, so I think that gives us the benefit of swinging for the fences with a guy like Washington.

Originally posted by Raising Heel:

How many RB's are we planning to sign this year?
Just guessing, but we'll probably only take one, possibly two if one is too good to pass up. We only lose Romar Morris to graduation. We'll still have Logan, Francis (possible redshirt?), Hood, and Ty'son Williams (who looks like he has a good chance to contribute this season, especially if Francis is held out). QB and RB are the two positions we have the most quality depth, so I think that gives us the benefit of swinging for the fences with a guy like Washington.
I think you're right. I think the satff wants to land 1 RB in this class, and I think they want Washington most. I think Williams has very good potential, meaning we are loaded at RB for the future.

Now we need to start using them - often.

Here is a thought to add to RB recruiitng in this class. We are still after Cade Carney, but we want him to play A-Back rather than RB.

He should be all over that. His best chance to be a key player on a winning P5 league team is not at RB, but at a combo position in which he catches a number of passes, as well as runs the ball on some pitches and counters. Carney at A Back would be a bigger, tougher running Switzer.

^ to your point about using RB's more effectively, Woad, I say Carolina should take two RB's this class, if they can. Load up on them now because if the offense struggles as much this season to properly using RB's as it did last season, then we're going to start struggling mightily to convince good backs to come here
ohwell.r191677.gif

And on the flip side, if Littrell/Marquise/the offensive line can figure out how to properly call plays / hand the ball off / block, respectively this season, then RB's will see that Carolina can run 4-5 deep at that position with all of those 4 or 5 getting a decent amount of touches in the running and passing game.

Running backs with an eye on the NFL are going to desire places where they can make plays and be effective without having to be a workhorse back that touches it 30 times a game because they want to enter the NFL as fresh as possible with limited wear and tear (since running back careers are so short). Carolina can offer exactly that with the style of offense we run.

Originally posted by TarHeelNation11:
^ to your point about using RB's more effectively, Woad, I say Carolina should take two RB's this class, if they can. Load up on them now because if the offense struggles as much this season to properly using RB's as it did last season, then we're going to start struggling mightily to convince good backs to come here
ohwell.r191677.gif

And on the flip side, if Littrell/Marquise/the offensive line can figure out how to properly call plays / hand the ball off / block, respectively this season, then RB's will see that Carolina can run 4-5 deep at that position with all of those 4 or 5 getting a decent amount of touches in the running and passing game.

Running backs with an eye on the NFL are going to desire places where they can make plays and be effective without having to be a workhorse back that touches it 30 times a game because they want to enter the NFL as fresh as possible with limited wear and tear (since running back careers are so short). Carolina can offer exactly that with the style of offense we run.
True.

If you spread the field with passing and rotate at least 2 RBs, then your RBs can enter the NFL with relatively little wear and tear.

We are set up to do that.

I think we are still after Jordon Brown a versatile back from one of the derm schools and we may even be recruiting him for DB or WR. Some of you may know more on this than I.

Originally posted by 2for3:
saw him in the title game Shelby/Havelock
...stud best player on the field and a lot of talent was on the field that day...wish him the best luck...have a lot of talent at the position though
Crest played Havelock. Shelby is a puny 2A school seven miles from Crest.

Tre Harbison plays for Crest. You're correct he was the best player on the field. The best linebacker on the field was from Crest as well, he was 10th grader this past season. Justin Foster, you'll be hearing about him as well.

Shelby Sucks!

That little school was a play away from beating the much larger Crest...not sure you are making a point by belittling them...Tre is a stud

I didn't say they were not any good. I just said they sucked. You'd have to be from Cleveland County to know. They belittle us and we belittle them. The one thing a Crest fan can't stand is being called Shelby.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT